Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS2 APS w/ lg turbos

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought you said negative 38 on iat ?? Spark issue? Well if crank was pushed ahead that would mess up crank signal??? So is there anything you need to different with the current engine and your t56?

My t56 days are numbers now, finally ordered up the new 4l80 today. Few weeks and should be enjoying two step launches with the py3400! Can't wait. Too bad though would have been nice to order some of those upgraded turbos but money only stretches so far.

Get that thing running buddy!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for right now im going to work on getting the crank and trans to work together here is the game plan i got right now this weekend ill pull the oil pan and trans than i will punch the plug in the back of the crank deeper in to the crank for the space i need for the input shaft than im pulling the thurst baering out to look at it and change it if needed after that im going to try getting it start again and go from there ill keep you all posted
Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Gp

On another simuler note,, I had to shim out my converter from my flywheel myself! Those TCI flywheels are off sometimes and i was lucky enough to have be told about this by (Carl) from Rosslers transmissions before i installed my tranny. !Just figuired ide add this for GP reasons. I was told by Rosslers to always check the clearance between the convertor and the flywheel before torqing the converter bolts down Your aloud so much clearance before you HAVE to use shims or you take the chance of either wiping out the pilot bearing ,,,or destroying the tranny pump!I know most of you know this but figuired ide throw it in for the non knowers LOL
Old 09-09-2009, 11:47 PM
TECH Veteran

I don't see a problem with the LS2 combo. The LS2 has more power in stock form than the LS1, LS2 came with 243 heads which were basically the heads used on the LS6 Z06 minus the sodium filled valves.

The LS2 made prior to sept 2005 has a 24x reluctor wheel like the LS1. Some 2006 models still had a 24x. The sensor on the crank(behind the starter) will be black if its a 24x and grey if its a 58x. An ECM made for a 24x will not work with a 58x, the crank position sensor will be confused. Make sure you have the right one. FYI the knock sensors are in a different place also, the LS1 had them below the intake and the LS2 has them one on each side close to the oil pan in the block, the connections/wires are different.

If you have big power plans the LS2 can use more cylinder heads since its a bigger bore 4.000"vs. 3.905". The L92 heads will work on it.

So you have the right reluctor wheel on the crank? Not sure if that matters. You can knock that plug on the back of the block into it maybe thats what happened. The one behind the pilot bearing. Thats why you have to use puller on pilot not the toilet paper trick.
Still would think oil would pour out the back and mabye all over your clutch if you did have that plug behind pilot go into block.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:02 AM
9 Second Club

the crack in my engnie is a callies not a stock LS2 crank
it has 24x wheel on it
Old 09-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so i am runing a callies crank. can you put in one post what happened and what i need to do to make sure it doesnt happen to mine
Old 09-10-2009, 08:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah you have callies crank.But was thinking maybe had wrong reluctor but no idea if that would cause your problem. I have callies in my 6.0 iron block, callies rods and wiseco pistons. Mine fit fine with my t56. Sure you will figure it out. And hopefully no damage done.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:02 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
so i am runing a callies crank. can you put in one post what happened and what i need to do to make sure it doesnt happen to mine
callies uses a alum. puck in the back of its cranks to seal the crank case off. this is just like a stock crank, but for some reason the plug is not as deep in the hole as it should be.

but i have not confirmed this issuse yet guys so do worry about it to much ill take pics for you

but this has been known to happen to other poeple so its something to think about when your checking over any engine
Old 09-12-2009, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry to hear about all the bad luck, My **** fired right up with no problems
Old 09-13-2009, 12:03 AM
9 Second Club

rub it in too
Old 09-13-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

So anything new on the car Tom..?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:48 PM
9 Second Club

no did not even look at it this weekend need some time off
next week is when ill work on it
Old 09-13-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Next week ??...ok just anxious to see some results with the LG turbos. Barnat you and 1mean all doing them now. 1 mean will likely be first to dyno not sure about track?
Thought Barnat would already have his up and running by now.

Mine is so far still being a trooper but still at 7.5psi. Took another noobie for ride today. He has 94 TA six speed stock and his has problem and is running terrible he has never got to see what it can do since it was pooched from day he bought it but he thought it was fast since he never had a fast car before.

I had some real fun taking him out to deserted industrial part of town and running it to redline in second and close in third. Lucky had some long streets out that end of town and definitely need to get my new c5 z06 brakes on the car the current upgraded ls1 really dont' seem to handle even the current power level very well.
I am sure I tripled his heartrate from the look on his face ,his comments and just generally the way he screamed like a girl when put that hammer down. Suprisingly the old nittos hooked up not too bad today, it was reasonably hot out hot out. They did good in third and not bad in second but did roll into it.
No 6000 clutch drops tempting as that might have been. My trans and clutch is sold to buddy so have to be nice to them.
That 4l80 is being built and should hopefully show in week or two. So will be putting my car down for that shortly. At least know that when get it back up should like driving it a lot more still love stalled up autos.

Too bad I can't track and dyno my car this season.I guess do it in spring .Track closes 27th and going up there 20th or 27th with my 91 talon race car to run it for its maiden voyage.

Well Tom really hoping you get your ride figured out and up and running.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Should be all worked out this week with mine it runs fine with the new turbos just cant get it to hold boost it hits 15psi and then backs down to 9psi. We have the new 10# Springs in it but we believe its the inlet tubes sucking shut or just one sucking shut. But whatever it is well be fixed very soon, and push them to the max. The track I would love to do but dont want to risk it with the stock T56 car has been down long enough I would like to enjoy it for at least a month. LOL. Glad to hear and cant wait to see other peoples results with LG's new turbos.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

thats wierd how thats happening with your setup...i have a Callies in my Ls2 and didnt have this issue. i hope its a relatively easy fix for ya....hate to see stuff like this.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:46 PM
9 Second Club

it might have to do with it was in a 1200rwhp car and was setup for a auto
but its just my luck
ill take some measurments and pics to show you all what im talking about and i hope it all works out in the end. (mean1) ill be coming for you soon LOL
Old 09-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Launching!

I hope my words helped yo.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tomz28
it might have to do with it was in a 1200rwhp car and was setup for a auto
but its just my luck
ill take some measurments and pics to show you all what im talking about and i hope it all works out in the end. (mean1) ill be coming for you soon LOL
so the "cuck" you are talking about. is that what the rear oil seal rides on?

and let me know asap. i am about to drop the motor in. thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 11:33 PM
9 Second Club

Pm sent
Old 09-18-2009, 10:36 PM
9 Second Club

update

just like we call it the trust bearing was kill by the trans pushing on the plug in the crank
we pushed the plug in deeper and pulled the pan to find the wrost thing you can see in a new engine metal in the pan

im hoping i can save it with just a new bearing and a cleaning

the pan came out pretty easy. my boy and i had the trans and the pan out in less than 3 hours was very happy about that. did not pull the k-menber at all thank god LOL

in the pics you can see the plug that the trans was pushing on THANK GOD it never start. have not look at the crank yet but i hoping for the best right now more info to come this weekend hoping to get it back together by sunday cross your fingers for me LOL

the plug

http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=IMG_1306.jpg

the result

http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=IMG_1307.jpg

http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=IMG_1322.jpg

Quick Reply: LS2 APS w/ lg turbos