Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Deja Vu. Forgive the non LSX build.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:57 AM
no title here

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I you read through the thread they've said the viper tranny is good to the 8s. So I doubt he will do anything to it. I wouldn't
Old 09-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skyhighsami
I you read through the thread they've said the viper tranny is good to the 8s. So I doubt he will do anything to it. I wouldn't
and if you read through the stuff above my post. Josh said he didnt know the difference between the trannies either. so i thought i would help. and in the pocess i gave my opinion on a upgrade if he ever feels he needs to.

if it was me adn i was Trust. i would sell the viper trans he has and put the best thin in the market on it. why... then you never have to worry about it. i know the old saying dont fix unless broke. but why not make better befroe broke and i cant drive the F***ing car. lol. so it is tore down. adn RPM has like a week or 2 turn around.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not worried about the trans, it's been proven over and over so far. Keeping in mind the car has made decent power before, and everything has held. It all held quite few bottles to the tune of 723rwhp and 879rwtq and never skipped a beat. I don't plan on many dig runs with hard launches in it so it shouldn't be an issue. If it comes up, then it'll probably go auto.

Update a little as well, I got $1k back from my CC company on the PayPal charge for the kit, the seller has to prove he sold the kit as a non fitting kit for me to not keep the refund, which he can't do as his emails all state that it fits.

We have a cool idea for the setup, so it'll be on the DL to avoid criticism until it makes power, but it should be siiiick.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Trying my best to! It'd suck not to make it if we are hosting it no doubt! It won't have the cage/brakes by then, but there should be enough shutdown. Yours going to be out? I heard you were changing setups? I was hoping to hang in Houston next year!
Cool, I wanna check it out! Yeah I'm changing setups, just a little
Old 09-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Launching!

wow idk how i missed this build i didnt know you were goin for a new setup already.

this oughta be very impressive and be very hard to beat kuz theres isnt a whole lot thatll hang with a 1000+rwhp sports car especially from a roll. i look forward to hearing some power numbers from this setup. is all the work being done out of the 1% shop? and who are you having do the tuning or are you still deciding there?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Canbarelygo
wow idk how i missed this build i didnt know you were goin for a new setup already.

this oughta be very impressive and be very hard to beat kuz theres isnt a whole lot thatll hang with a 1000+rwhp sports car especially from a roll. i look forward to hearing some power numbers from this setup. is all the work being done out of the 1% shop? and who are you having do the tuning or are you still deciding there?
That's what I was hoping, but I'm getting screwed, lol. The guy with the 700rwhp S2K should be picking up a 1020rwhp TH400 Supra this week, oufan just bought a 1200rwhp GTS, the other 1000rwhp Cobra is back up and running, and the bottle notch is getting a 88mm, lol, so bottom of the food chain for me!

But yea, all the work is being done at the 1% shop, it will be getting trailered to Dallas for the tune, 1% tuner will be doing it, but overseen by the Dallas tuner just so they know they are good (their idea, not mine).
Old 09-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Teching In

<<<<<<< jelous!! sick build man..
Old 09-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Launching!

well thats badass i had heard about the 1200whp GTS but everything else is news to me lol in our little circle me and a buddy with a turbo 99 gt car have been tearin up most of the locals but there are a few out of reach as there always is. your car oughta be interesting come tx2k11 time when everyone hits the highway. im about to start a build but nothing on your guy's scale lol just a high compression 6.0 with some cam and a bottle and a radial (hopefully it doesnt scatter the rear end) i figure oughta set me up for bigger and better when i can afford to hang a turbo off the front of it with a better set of heads.

back to your build though lol

i didnt figure youd leave this one to brett but why do the texas guys have to oversee? that seems sorta odd to me. didnt the yellow viper make upper 900's in okc? im interested to see everything come together and see this thing on 39th one night. oh yeah have you put any thought into e85 or is this gonna be a strictly 91 pump build or what because im sorta sold on e85 now as a future setup on my car if i ever move to the city. id do it now but the fuel upgrades get a bit pricey and its just not available enough where i live for my liking
Old 10-07-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are those Kansas Tags? If so where in KS are you?
Old 10-07-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

any progress on the build
Old 10-10-2010, 04:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
Are those Kansas Tags? If so where in KS are you?
Oklahoma. I would know, I'm from there

Originally Posted by charlie_gonzales
any progress on the build
X2
Old 10-10-2010, 04:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Subscribing!!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Updates?
Old 10-18-2010, 05:02 PM
10 Second Club

Haven't forgot about this, coming along quite nicely, with any luck it *should* be done this week.

TEASER:

Originally Posted by Canbarelygo
well thats badass i had heard about the 1200whp GTS but everything else is news to me lol in our little circle me and a buddy with a turbo 99 gt car have been tearin up most of the locals but there are a few out of reach as there always is. your car oughta be interesting come tx2k11 time when everyone hits the highway. im about to start a build but nothing on your guy's scale lol just a high compression 6.0 with some cam and a bottle and a radial (hopefully it doesnt scatter the rear end) i figure oughta set me up for bigger and better when i can afford to hang a turbo off the front of it with a better set of heads.

back to your build though lol

i didnt figure youd leave this one to brett but why do the texas guys have to oversee? that seems sorta odd to me. didnt the yellow viper make upper 900's in okc? im interested to see everything come together and see this thing on 39th one night. oh yeah have you put any thought into e85 or is this gonna be a strictly 91 pump build or what because im sorta sold on e85 now as a future setup on my car if i ever move to the city. id do it now but the fuel upgrades get a bit pricey and its just not available enough where i live for my liking
1200rwhp GTS isn't my car, buddies car. It's the same guy that had the yellow and black one, he sold that, got an 08 and a Grey 02 TT car. The yellow one made 980rwhp. I'm not going E, no need to, it won't make a ton of boost, and I like to be able to fill up anywhere.

I'll DEFINITELY be at 2K11.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Love that GTS. Its gonna be a sick street car man.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

I'd like just a touch more of teasing please? lol
Old 10-18-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats it for the teaser pic?

POST MORE!!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

You guys are in for a treat at the end of the week, the build is coming together nicely! Reza you should post one picture of the downpipe setup!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

Rearmount?
Old 10-18-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Haven't forgot about this, coming along quite nicely, with any luck it *should* be done this week.

TEASER:

1200rwhp GTS isn't my car, buddies car. It's the same guy that had the yellow and black one, he sold that, got an 08 and a Grey 02 TT car. The yellow one made 980rwhp. I'm not going E, no need to, it won't make a ton of boost, and I like to be able to fill up anywhere.

I'll DEFINITELY be at 2K11.
Seeya there. But it'll probably be 2012 before I get to put it on ya

Quick Reply: Deja Vu. Forgive the non LSX build.