Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

whats your idea of the ultimate street FI motor..

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by speedster94
That sounds great. We have tried to something almost exaclty like you have listed with a few differences. But pretty darn close. It has been an 18 month project so far and is just about read for the road.
< 400 ci
LSX block.
Killer heads
Fully streetable cam
TT
NRE engine
fits under the hood
octane on demand
4L85E
Built 9" IRS with 3.25 gears.
Should be > 20 mpg
both you guys have a familiar sounding combo

best i could actually suggest is to put it in a lighter, more aero car than a 4th gen f body (like a vette). but then again you run into extra costs; money which if spent on an f body build could go toward fuel costs or heck even some of the $4-5k in safety gear neither of you have mentioned to run mid 8's legally (if so inclined).

with the 3.0 gears im heading toward 23 on the highway not that i actually ever see that in the average
Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think my ERL 427 will be good motor. Didnt go six bolt but they didn't think need to since going to run 99% of time at around 800rwhp or less on street with possibly couple of dyno runs to maybe see if can get to 1000rwhp for dyno bragging rights and to frame on wall.
I went with 1/2 inch studs though. I was not prepared to give up my nice afr heads and so far for some dumb reason afr don't make 6 bolt ones.and didn't get stud girdle again they said not needed for my power goals and planned use. Only plan on one or two track runs then pure street/show car after that.

Compression should be around 9.5 with my 72cc heads . And got the superdeck one package with dragonslayer,manly rods and wisecos. arp main and head studs of course. LS9 cam.
Like no lope at all and no low speed surge and easy tuning and nice street manners.
Reusing my fast for now maybe go to fast 102 next year. No trouble with fast 90 so far but only gone to 8psi or so. For 800rwhp don't think will have to go that much past 12psi have the LG upgrade turbos. Rest of engine is slp double roller timing chain,slp oil pump,ls7 lifters,yella terra have 1.8 now but think go to 1.7 for bit less strain on valve springs.
Not sure what gaskets going to run .Maybe ls9 but do they work on 427 ERL with my afr 225s? or maybe go cometic.

Also have as you see in sig 3.54 gears lowest you can get on dana 60 and 3400 stall.
Stall feels a touch loose to me but liveable and like a bit of gear to get the heavy around 4000 pound car moving and am not in much boost in the city most of the time.So thats where like the feeling off boost of the gears and the bigger 427 cube engine. 408 that just went south on me felt not too bad either but since it lost some bearings felt might as well yank it and upgrade. Wanted 427 anyway and be ok to gain back that weight the iron block added. I had to buy adjustable springs to raise the car up after the turbo kit and iron block.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
both you guys have a familiar sounding combo

best i could actually suggest is to put it in a lighter, more aero car than a 4th gen f body (like a vette). but then again you run into extra costs; money which if spent on an f body build could go toward fuel costs or heck even some of the $4-5k in safety gear neither of you have mentioned to run mid 8's legally (if so inclined).

with the 3.0 gears im heading toward 23 on the highway not that i actually ever see that in the average

Thanks for the feedback. The car has a 8.50 cert cage, fire suppression, twin fuel cells, driveshaft safety loop, a chute, etc.

Ha, yes I bet you could get 23, IF you could keep your foot out of it...
Old 01-15-2011, 05:34 AM
Launching!

Love the thread

And the best thing about this thread is see what everyone thinks is a "street" engine and who has the biggest ***** to drive a mental drag engine on the street

For me, its cubes, blower and nos. Hand the cash to a man that knows more and then pick it up when its ready

Old 01-15-2011, 03:30 PM
TECH Resident

Stroked LS7 fitted with 32V Arao heads and custom intake, procharged F-? with built 6L80 trans with paddle shifters.

or like above "quad turbo" Intergrate a twin turbo sts rear mount system with twin front mount system and a strong enough motor to handle the psi but what would stop you from putting a turbo kit on top of a supercharger kit besides the supercharger choking the whole system down
Old 01-16-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

Superdeck II with all the forged stuff, blah blah blah
Harrops intake
Individual exhaust manifolds to feed 8 small turbos (just to show bugatti whats up).
I would stick it all in a chevyII ss with all the suspension stuff to crush everyones stats.
With some sick pimped out interior with all my feature comforts controlled buy a IPAD Custom made of course. Cant get much more americana than that.

P.S. And a hi/lo out of a peter built so I dont have to worry about holding the power. You know a custom 150 pound version. LOL

Quick Reply: whats your idea of the ultimate street FI motor..