Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F1A-390ci-E85

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
I think the other one that bob was using back @ EPP was a 31x12x4 from Cx racing. about the same size id guess and definitely cheaper.
Do you know if he had any problems with it?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craig382ci
Do you know if he had any problems with it?
naah it worked fine. they used it on tons of builds. occasionally people may get one with a restriction in it, and they will send it back. if my memory serves, Cx is easier to deal with that procharger. procharger is incapable of having quality control issues haha.

i have said it before and i will say it again, youd be nuts to buy the ATI FMIC by itself. If you get it with the kit, its basically a 200 dollar add on instead of a 1400 dollar add on. that is the only reason I have it. I have heard of the same thing happening with some higher end radiators and ****.

Hows your build going man? You and your dad took that hit a while back due to ole ******** Mcgee, but I am hoping your moving on to bigger and better things now.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

naah it worked fine. they used it on tons of builds. occasionally people may get one with a restriction in it, and they will send it back. if my memory serves, Cx is easier to deal with that procharger. procharger is incapable of having quality control issues haha.

i have said it before and i will say it again, youd be nuts to buy the ATI FMIC by itself. If you get it with the kit, its basically a 200 dollar add on instead of a 1400 dollar add on. that is the only reason I have it. I have heard of the same thing happening with some higher end radiators and ****.

Hows your build going man? You and your dad took that hit a while back due to ole ******** Mcgee, but I am hoping your moving on to bigger and better things now.
It has been a real struggle to get the money to buy stuff. I am hoping to have the money next week or two to get the procharge stuff. I bought a brand new vic. jr. with Edelbrock fuel rails for 420 shipped the other day off of a guy on here for. I was just going to run my stock ls1 intake. But realized that I cant because my heads is cathedral port and the ls1 is not. I think that after I get the procharge stuff and get the rest of the intake stuff. I will bolt/weld up the parts I do have. I have some stuff to sell. I have one item on here that I am trying to sell. Link to that thread is in my sig. If I sell everything I want to sell then I will buy more stuff as it comes. But until then I will be running stock shocks,radiator,water pump, rear end and breaks.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by craig382ci
It has been a real struggle to get the money to buy stuff. I am hoping to have the money next week or two to get the procharge stuff. I bought a brand new vic. jr. with Edelbrock fuel rails for 420 shipped the other day off of a guy on here for. I was just going to run my stock ls1 intake. But realized that I cant because my heads is cathedral port and the ls1 is not. I think that after I get the procharge stuff and get the rest of the intake stuff. I will bolt/weld up the parts I do have. I have some stuff to sell. I have one item on here that I am trying to sell. Link to that thread is in my sig. If I sell everything I want to sell then I will buy more stuff as it comes. But until then I will be running stock shocks,radiator,water pump, rear end and breaks.

well good to hear you didnt quit man.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Glad to see you are still making progress in your build. I can't wait to see what kind of numbers you put down.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks man. We would be assembling it right now, but I took off work for 2 days and got inside the engine bay with some simple green and scotch brite/sand paper.

I got the ABS out since were deleting it anyways.
got the ridiculous *** wire harness out and wrapped up.
found out (finally) how you get the heater core away from the firewall.
got the rest of the a/c **** out.

there is nothing in there now, and its clean as a pin and scuffed.

next week the body shop guy is going to load it up, and give me a deal for doing most of the prep and removing everything. real class act kinda guy for doing this for me. Another place quoted me $2000 another quoted me $1600

I was like.......the ******* motor and all that is OUT! ......but leave it to another F body owner to pick up the slack and cut through the bullshit to help someone out.

It is going to look great. BlackWS666 is the reason I decided to go ahead and get it done. It should look similar to the one in the pic below.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

The engine bay should turn out nice. I sent mine off to a local shop to have the engine bay painted, Grille modified.... it is turning out nicely I am sure when you are done you will love it!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:15 PM
11 Second Club

I just now noticed your build thread. That's a nice project you have going on here. Hope it all comes together.

I just finished primering my engine bay Friday. I hope to have the firewall and all the way up to the strut towers painted this weekend. I am going to leave the rest primered until I get the turbo kit mocked up and see what all I have to cut,weld or modify.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SMOKNSS
I just now noticed your build thread. That's a nice project you have going on here. Hope it all comes together.

I just finished primering my engine bay Friday. I hope to have the firewall and all the way up to the strut towers painted this weekend. I am going to leave the rest primered until I get the turbo kit mocked up and see what all I have to cut,weld or modify.

Thanks man. Post pics of your bay when your done. Would love to see how it all turns out. Appreciate the compliments.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Still waiting on the painter to finish up. Real busy @ his shop. I picked up all my powdercoated parts as well, and decided to just rattle can the oil pan since i figure itll get crushed at some point anyways.

In the meantime I got my Trans Cooler, My -6AN fittings, SSB lines for the cooler, and My Dipstick, Madman HVAC delete plate, and a nice new puke tank from Jegs.

Lost my Cam so best I can do is webcam photos.

Go pro Hero 2 is in my future tho.

I just need to grab some black lines to run off the valvcovers from Russels Fittings and get this plate and can painted. I am going to mount the can under the car somewhere easy to get to.

SJM linelock & ABS delete is on the way, and a switch for the trans brake. I really think I would personally like to have it on the stock shifter.

I am looking into some Cobra seats once I figure out what the weight and prices are. Light, comfy, good looking seats man.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

I received the Linelock and painted the breather tank and the hvac plate and got the black lines to run to the breather and all the correct fittings.

I chose Comp Cams break in oil. and K&N oil filters and as stated before I will switch to a fully snthetic VR1 racing oil. 20w/50 from there on out.

The car is out of the paint shop from having the engine bay done and it looks great.

Assembly is starting this week, 160* thermostat is on the way, and I will be using custom made fuel pumps from lonnies that are true 340 pumps. So should be the equivalent of a 680lph setup. or 180 gallons per hour or 3 gallons a minute. I wanted to go Magnafuel, but the rise in fuel temps and the noise is something I would like to avoid to make the car that much nicer.

Now all we have to do is hope the ring gear/pinion, and driveshaft are up for the dyno challenge ahead. Should get interesting here really soon.

Im sure you all saw the e85 364ci c6 make 915 through a 6 speed recently so I am going to make my guess and say 865rwhp through the stalled auto once shes dialed in right.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Good lord. I love my GTO but your car is amazing. Love it.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on e85 with a maxed blower, i dont think 900 will b hard to hit.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

I had someone take some pics with a badass cam, but I am waiting for them to be emailed later on. This is the best I can do now, but it does it absolutely no justice. Car was taken to a local Toyota dealership and put in a booth and sprayed. Turned out amazing. I put 2 full days of prep into the bay so it would be clean and smooth. Wrapped the whole harness up in seran wrap like a spider does a fly. Got the water pump painted too.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:16 AM
Launching!

Very nice mam, looks awesome.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:51 AM
11 Second Club

Nice!!! Looks like she is coming along nicely.

I keep hitting little snags with parts getting here with mine, hopefully I can have it done by winter.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Nice!!! Looks like she is coming along nicely.

I keep hitting little snags with parts getting here with mine, hopefully I can have it done by winter.
Thanks for the compliments guys. Little things like this are whats making it take so long, but my OCD kicks in and I just cant help it. haha

I plan on having her ready to hit the track hard around the beginning of fall. A full suspension setup is all that is needed along with a little weight loss, which I am already doing in small stages now. My goal is 3350 and I only weight 140 so that should help get me some decent 60's along with Eric's help @ MWC. He said hed make it happen and I believe him.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the compliments guys. Little things like this are whats making it take so long, but my OCD kicks in and I just cant help it. haha

I plan on having her ready to hit the track hard around the beginning of fall. A full suspension setup is all that is needed along with a little weight loss, which I am already doing in small stages now. My goal is 3350 and I only weight 140 so that should help get me some decent 60's along with Eric's help @ MWC. He said hed make it happen and I believe him.
Sounds awesome. Do you ever come down this way to Steele or just run at Lassiter Mountain?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

Sounds awesome. Do you ever come down this way to Steele or just run at Lassiter Mountain?
Yeah I have driven to Steele a few times. Nice track, last time I was there is was running high 11's cam only. I want to come there when the pinks all out is there so I can make it on speed channel. I am really an 1/8 mile kind of guy, but when I get the 1/8 where I want it I will have to run up there to get the single digit tag next to my name on here. Hoping to make the list of fastest FI cars hopefully.

When I get ready to run I am going to rent a track elsewhere so that I can find out what the car likes as far as the DA AFCO settings and getting my 60 foot down as low as I can. My tuner will be with me keeping an eye on the logs and making small adjustments.

I may add in a two step, but I am undecided. I am really just wanting some seat time with no one beside me so I can get used to driving it on two wheels. I am not nervous, I just think to be safe for the person I am racing it is best to have some 1 on 1 with the car before I start frequenting local tracks.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

i put a msd 2 step on mine and love it got it set for 3000 rpm launch makes it more consistent but build is looking good cant wait until its done..

Quick Reply: F1A-390ci-E85