TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by H8R
I bet the suspense is killing you!
It really is man.

Originally Posted by ajrothm
No results is killing me... Lol

All in good time my man. It wont be long now. Last I heard

2 step was on and being wired in with the transbrake/linelock ect....

triple pillar gauges were done, and the methanol kit/dual nozzles almost done, and I had to order a single silicone reducer to go with the stainless pipe I am using to replace the area where the MAF used to be. I just sent a message to James @ Shortuning to see how soon he'd be able to get started on it now that the nitpicky **** is coming to an end. Id expect us to get a startup vid any day now, which should be followed pretty quickly by the dyno session. I am also making payments on my MWC setup too. Already got my deposit in and going to start chipping away at it and try to pay it off with my tax return and have it all up and running by spring. I can run at our track without a cage for the moment but that will come around that time as well.

lil teaser shots.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 11-20-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you normally run at Lassiter mountain?
Old 11-21-2013, 01:10 AM
FormerVendor

Can't wait buddy. If I get done with my normal scheduled tune tomorrow evening I plan on trying to get a good solid base tune file in it so that we can hear it run at least! I'll be sure to post up some video's when that happens
Old 11-21-2013, 03:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Well that good news.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lsx1
Do you normally run at Lassiter mountain?
where?
Old 11-22-2013, 05:04 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Where did you get the chrome power steering resevoir?
Old 11-22-2013, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
Where did you get the chrome power steering resevoir?
Yofab. I think they might be or were a sponsor at one time. It's a cover with some 3m backing that just goes over it. I had a hard time getting the paint to come out glossy like I wanted it so, I bought this with the intention of having it powdercoated if I didnt like the chrome.

The rest of the anodized covers for the fuse boxes and the one I just ordered for the brake res and the battery cover are from Roger @ Emblem Pros.

PS pulley is from Wazee.

As of right now, the car is throwing a crank sensor code.....which we re verified with AES and he checked to make sure it was in fact a 24x reluctor. It has brand new sensors everywhere in the car. I am not sure if it could have anything to do with the PCM being one from another car that Mike @ Vengeance sent me since my other one was supposedly "locked".

At this point though. It would seem there is not much left to do before the tune. We are waiting for a reducing coupler to go onto the stainless pipe I am using where the MAF used to be from Race Part Solutions. They sell good silicone couplers IMO.

So:

Methanol is constantly spraying.....Get that ironed out, talk with Julio
Gotta get the cutouts welded on (exhaust is done other than that)
Get the coupler on the piping.
Get the thing started and broken in.
Dyno Time.

Here are a few pics I received earlier. It will look alot better once it gets a good detail. Its been sitting in nastiness and shop dust for a loooooooong time.

Dual 4'' double walled beveled tips are on and welded

If your wondering who is doing all this awesome work for me, look no further....

Racing seat (corbeau Fx1 pro) is installed and trans brake 2 step wired up. Got a button ready to go on the pistol grip shifter.

The wire tuck is done!!!!! I obviously have some cleaning to do. And polishing. I ordered the brake res cover like I stated. I need to swap the bolts out for SS ones on the rad cover brackets, and polish the top of the rad. You can see the coupler I am missing in this pic.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Getting close. You have to feeling like tomorrow is never gonna get here. LOL Looks good.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:22 PM
9 Second Club

Looks Good Joey!!

Don't rush get it right and have fun later.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
where?
1/8 mile track just north of Birmingham.

http://lassitermountain.net/
Old 11-26-2013, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KY Nova
Getting close. You have to feeling like tomorrow is never gonna get here. LOL Looks good.
Meh, like i said ive waited longer than most people to drive it, and whats a week or two.

Originally Posted by jjcamaro02
Looks Good Joey!!

Thanks bud. It will look better after a professional detail Job from the guys @ Insane Paint and Auto Detail. I will try and get some decent wheels on it too. either weld RTS or Darkstars, or S71's with some 315's and MT's in the back.

Don't rush get it right and have fun later.
oh im not....and ill tell you why....

Originally Posted by Skillet
1/8 mile track just north of Birmingham.

http://lassitermountain.net/
Wow, that is not that far away, I will have to check it out.

Well, I have a confession to make. The hour was drawing near for the tune and dyno time, and I have had something on my mind that was eating away at me. I tried to do everything I could to make the setup efficient and to make the most power it could other than bump compression up in the 10's.

I never really considered having a cam spec'd for my specific combo, and figured that what I had would not really be very different than having one made, but after research and talking with 3 people who spec cams, I decided that I would probably hate myself forever if I didnt take the plunge. So RPP is pulling the cam out and should be receiving the new one on friday since COMP is so close. The cam swap alone will put me in the efficiency range for the blower, and should net quite a few more HP on top of sounding quite wicked I might add which is an added plus compared to my previous cam.

I had always wondered why arun, and eb02bluez06 (prob wrong SN) were able to make such awesome power, so I of course PM'd him, and he was saying dont be afraid to throw some cam at it. Anyway, Long story short its getting a much nastier cam that should be easier on the valvetrain and blah blah blah. Either way its more power, and now is the time to do it right the first time.

It has also come to my attention that 900rwhp with this setup is quite achievable, although a 9.0 run recently by STMZ28 was achieved with only 14lbs and a 4.50 pulley.

I have now swapped from the 3.90 pulley to the 3.70 pulley. This is in an effort to make the blower spin up faster and put the MAX impeller RPM within that 6300-6600 RPM range where the cam shaft will be getting her done. Set the shift point a little higher, and have it making power the entire time down the track.

This will obviously put me behind a little bit, but in the end I will feel better about it and be much happier with the results.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Nice write-up.
I read everything.lol
Can't wait to see what kind of power that beast puts down.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by (SS)
Nice write-up.
I read everything.lol
Can't wait to see what kind of power that beast puts down.

i cant imagine how long that must have taken. i have a tendency to ramble.

but yeah man, hopefully she will be on the dyno next week.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been following this from the start as well.

I'm hoping this thread will have a caboose some day........
Old 12-16-2013, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

working on it. few hurtles to over come. I failed to grind the timing cover down so that the crank would not rub. lesson learned.

There was a small amount of shavings from the cover. Engine never fired though. Good thing I decided to have the cam changed.

New cam in, and all cleaned and buttoned up. Find out before trying to fire the car that it was not timed properly which explains why it did not want to fire. So after the cam was installed, did a leak test before trying to fire it up and found out 3 cyl failed the leak down test
short story.....

Pulling the heads. Replacing valves (courtesy of RPP). Check the pistons to see if the marks are deep enough to worry about.

Going to take the chance to mill the heads and bump the compression to a little over 10

I am working with some great people up in Kentucky on this build who are determined to get this thing up and going.

Those are the updates on this saga.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 12-16-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:50 PM
11 Second Club

Yuck sorry to hear. Hope all looks good!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

So that was a result of the new cam? Bugger man. Sorry to hear!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Anchor
So that was a result of the new cam? Bugger man. Sorry to hear!

no. that was the result of the timing gear being off from the engine builder. IMO

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 12-16-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
no. that was the result of the timing gear being off from the engine builder. IMO
Damn, that sucks. You only get it as a short block? I'm right, mine has been run in.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think ur previous cam was degreed thus the crank sprocket being off and whoever swapped your cam didn't check. So if a new cam was swapped in and was lined up dot to dot on a previous crank gear that was degreed, Dot to dot would be incorrect. Your timing would be all off.
when I swapped mine, I called AES to see if they degreed my cam and they said they degree every cam they install.

Quick Reply: F1A-390ci-E85