Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F1A-390ci-E85

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by josepy121380
great Build. Similar to mine in a lot of ways. Awesome.
yeah, I am looking forward to doing a Josepy style burnout once I get her running.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF1gp...feature=relmfu

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 05-29-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the fuel pump's PN?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nebulus
What's the fuel pump's PN?
you would have to ask Lonnie that. I just tell him what I need he builds it and I put it in with no probz.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

Got the heads in over at AES. Motor should be done, and assembled by the end of the week. The powdercoating on the Valvecovers, timing chain cover, and Procharger Radiator Cover was finished up today. I am thinking about keeping everything black and silver, and adding some Torrid Red, or Deep red FRC's to really make it pop. The wire mod as well as removing the dried up nasty factory stickers should help along with drawing the judges attention towards things that do no really exude attention to detail. Also, as I said, NGK is recommending TR8's. Anyone think that is too cold?

237cc Fully CNC Ported Intake Runners
84cc Fully CNC Ported Exhaust Runners
PRC Spring Kit Rated To .675" Lift
68cc CNC Machined Chambers
2.100" Intake / 1.600" Stainless Valves

Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost there! I anxiously await your first start up.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

same here get a move on haha..cant wait to see what yours does.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

You guys are killing me! I want to build a motor so bad but I really need to take a break for a min. I'll just have to enjoy the power I have until next summer! Assuming it stays together that long. Looking good!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many lbs do you plan on running? TR8's are probably just fine if you plan on running a little higher boost.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
yeah, I am looking forward to doing a Josepy style burnout once I get her running.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF1gp...feature=relmfu
lol just saw that. If you look close you see the smoke coming from the front of the car. Blower belt was smoking good. lol

Last edited by josepy121380; 06-04-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
How many lbs do you plan on running? TR8's are probably just fine if you plan on running a little higher boost.

as many as I can get out of it. looking to run it to 62k on the blower. im guessing 14-16ish until I swap to F1-A
Old 06-14-2012, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

the guys are saying she should be crated up sometime tomorrow. cant wait to see those heads sitting on top although it looks like 1 already is. those 1/2 head studs are looking beastly!

upgraded to the ls6 valley cover...heard it helps with blowby etc....why not. thanks to they guys at aes for scrounging one up so fast.

nice to finally have something stronger than the ls1 chain. last time i had a cam put in the car, i was unaware i should have went ls2. worried me. maybe that explains why the shop it was at went out of tha business?

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 06-15-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Man thats lookin good! You're gonna love the setup, congarats!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by milkey57
Man thats lookin good! You're gonna love the setup, congarats!
thanks man. im excited to be getting back in the game again. all these visits to the track have been killing me, i prob should not even go, but i just cannot help it.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:14 AM
TECH Addict

got it in today. box weighed 700lbs roughly.

next step.....unfortunately........4l80e swap. So looks like I have an ls6 intake, PTC converter and 4l60e with TGHD-2 for sale. This swap is going to be expensive. I need one that will hold 1000rwhp. Converter is between yank and circle D. trans is between RPM and Jakes. I am considering going manual valve body. maybe....also waiting on bob to get back on the group purchase on the aster bracket.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 09-16-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:36 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice. I hope to bring my motor home today as well. I was supposed to be off today, but we have the FDA coming in on Monday, so they cancelled everyone who had off. With any luck, I'll slip out around noon to go home and get the motor.

Good luck with your swap.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Nice. I hope to bring my motor home today as well. I was supposed to be off today, but we have the FDA coming in on Monday, so they cancelled everyone who had off. With any luck, I'll slip out around noon to go home and get the motor.

Good luck with your swap.
I figure the FDA would practically live where you work! Owell, I am the type of guy that comes in on his day off anyways. I have been hitting to grindstone to pay for all this ****. Despite what some random people reading the FI forums think, this **** is not cheap, and does not appear by some sort of magic. It all comes down to hours/commision/bonuses/sales and paychecks.

Getting back to what you were saying though, your motor should pop in in no time flat. Get Lightning to help you, break her in by driving the wife and son somewhere a few nights this week. And once you get it seated, lets get some boost going on!

I talked with Jake today at Jakes Performance, and I am 99% sure I will be using him for my build. Great guy. Great Prices, Knowledgable. Also came home today and found out I have an LS parts distributor aka new performance shop less than 10 miles from me I had no idea about. I may have to drive all the way to Cummings GA to vengeance racing after all. I am just hoping that HPtuners has got there **** together with these files for the OS that allow it to work with the 4l80. From what I can tell, it takes some tweaking. My intake is up for sale on classifieds (painted ls6 nice) and I was going to sell the converter, but the wonderful Group at PTC said they would give me all my money back on it minus 80 bucks to put towards my new converter. That does not mean I have made a decision on the converter, but it sure speaks volumes for that fantastic company.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 09-16-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Talking

When it's together if you are going to dyno in state I'd like to know when and where.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Skillet
When it's together if you are going to dyno in state I'd like to know when and where.
most likely. i am talking to different people. I am more concerned about the tune than anything. We have speedsouth, henson performance, hinson performance, hesco, and vengeance racing in georgia. i am checking into a place that is really close to my house. i am looking to be done around tax time including all of the following.

the main things being

Motor ----Accomplished
Custom Radiator/Fan-- Accomplished
Procharger ----Accomplished
Injectors--Accomplished
Aster Bracket--Accomplished
Fuel System------Accomplished
Intake------Accomplished
Heads------Accomplished
4l80 swap------Accomplished
MWC 9 and full suspension----Got my quote from Eric, just going to get her tuned, keep dropping weight while I save up some dough, and get it on the way.

and Ill be working on some RT-S wheels and HoosierQTP's.

all that is left now is to start studying on what I can do to lighten it up. Going to get the tire and jack out, rear seats and belts/brackets. The wheels and tires will go a good ways. the egr/air is already gone. relocate the battery. still considering the a/c. this is alabama....and its hotter than ****** torment down here, but on top of that, as you already know...the humidity here is awful. its like living in a sauna so maybe not haha.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 05-10-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: updated
Old 06-23-2012, 01:03 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

I didn't know Hinson Supercars had a chasis dyno, but then again I haven't been keeping up with everybody. I've never known anybody to dyno at Hesco. I even remember seeing Hesco bring some of their cars to Walker Dyno.

I've driving a couple of summers in different vehicles without working AC. I never went more than 30-45 minutes and never got stuck in traffic. It was tolerable as long as I was moving. That being said I doubt I'd ever purposely remove the AC unless it was going to purely be a weekend/track car.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Skillet
I didn't know Hinson Supercars had a chasis dyno, but then again I haven't been keeping up with everybody. I've never known anybody to dyno at Hesco. I even remember seeing Hesco bring some of their cars to Walker Dyno.

I've driving a couple of summers in different vehicles without working AC. I never went more than 30-45 minutes and never got stuck in traffic. It was tolerable as long as I was moving. That being said I doubt I'd ever purposely remove the AC unless it was going to purely be a weekend/track car.
well...it is only driven on weekends. usually one day a week. and if I ever do go out its usually at nite. I never run it anyways. because my first tune was garbage and i got used to not running it because the car used to die. got that fixed but was still shy about it from then on. yeah hesco may have been using someone elses. they wanted to build me a motor that was 8:3:1 compression lol.....i will never use them. but yeah hinson is the new one on the block, i am going to go over them with a fine tooth comb.

Quick Reply: F1A-390ci-E85