Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F1A-390ci-E85

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just now ordered my aster bracket. I am getting really close guys. I can taste the rwhp. Here is a list of what is left before you see me fry my Nittos.

Fast 102mm + Nick Williams TB
Jakes 4l80e Level 5 + TransBrake (full swap kit included crossmember,harness etc,)
Circle D 258mm triple disc
Lonnies Twin 340's + Bosch 127lb injectors + Rails+ Lines
Tune

I am going to tune it on the 10 bolt. But will be getting the MWC before she hits the track in spring.

There is a GP on the aster bracket going on now. 10 of them for sale at a discount.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-g...-purchase.html
Old 07-11-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is going to be good!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

thanks man I think so too! def not a twin 67mm 427 erl vette, but it will be my pride a joy DD and wax 99% of everything I come across on the road. To add to my news, I also received my ls2 water pump (crucial for making the new aster bracket fit) in today from Psychobillycaddy. It was actually in good shape and had no signs of leaking. To boot the thermostat was still in it too. I am still going to pop in a Hypertech 160*. I am also taking the A/C and all that **** out to save on weight. The decision was easy to make since I never use it, since the car is usually only out on weekends, and nights, and the top stays down. Read somewhere where it comes out to 80lbs in total. That should make up for the weight gained going with the LQ9.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very Nice! I wish I could spring on the Aster bracket and be one of the 10 discounted, but I haven't recovered from the install this spring yet. Hopefully the credit card will be paid off in Oct. Keep the the great build!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

You live in the south and you're ditching A/C? I like it.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheLS1Lover
lol I'm doing the same no a/c its overrated good choice I8, good way of off setting the weight of iron block.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:25 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

You're getting close... Keep it up and you'll be running in no time.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I8UR4RD

Shoot me a PM. I might be selling my lonnies kit since it won't be big enough for what I need to do.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TheLS1Lover
Hells Yeah. The temps here are just like anywhere, except it sounds like you already know how humid it is with moisture constantly being fed in from the Gulf of Mexico. I have an STS-V for those days and the ladies. All I need for the WS6 is a key and some toilet paper.

Originally Posted by ICRAZY6
Very Nice! I wish I could spring on the Aster bracket and be one of the 10 discounted, but I haven't recovered from the install this spring yet. Hopefully the credit card will be paid off in Oct. Keep the the great build!!!
aww cmon....look at it as saving future money now. splurge. sell your old j bracket. collect copper, ***** yourself out to whomever.....just get it done no excuses

Originally Posted by +badss+
lol I'm doing the same no a/c its overrated good choice I8, good way of off setting the weight of iron block.
And to boot I am going to get money for it. i also have been looking into re locating that battery so it will put the weight where it counts.

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
You're getting close... Keep it up and you'll be running in no time.
I have done the math, and based on my rate of Income I will have this done shortly after tax time. Ready by spring to hopefully start chasing a high 5.xx with the F1-A on it.
Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
I8UR4RD

Shoot me a PM. I might be selling my lonnies kit since it won't be big enough for what I need to do.
PM sent.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 09-16-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Default dead bird

well. it will be wrapped up in over the coming months. took the liberty of making sure I captured the bird in its current state. its a sad thing to see it this way. which is why I hardly ever go by to see it. simply depressing, but motivating at the same time.

I happened to (strangely enough) work on a 2012 5.0 was dyno'd today with a 2300 tvs. it made 517/481 on 6lbs. stock everything.

we live in competitive times. cant wait for the new LS motors specs to come out. 5.5L making 4XX rwhp hopefully.

main thing I have been doing is gathering up parts and swapping the little things over that will give me a slight power increase. too bad im not ready in time for ls fest. not that a 9sec car is "all that" there, but it would have been nice to participate.

I have got a surprise in store tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:44 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Keep your head up and it'll be done before you know it.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

^ well said lol. I start getting overwhelmed all the time thinking about all the stuff I need to order and do. In the end, it will be well worth it and you guys should see my car out at TX2K13 doing work! (Atleast for a F-Body/domestic lol)
Old 08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

^ well said lol. I start getting overwhelmed all the time thinking about all the stuff I need to order and do. In the end, it will be well worth it and you guys should see my car out at TX2K13 doing work! (Atleast for a F-Body/domestic lol)
im hoping to make it to it. gotta get up the gas money to haul the thing there. that's a long ways even from alabama. but i actually don't know when it is. i will be sitting on the sidelines at ls fest this year.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

yeah when you've been chipping away at the project for almost a year without ever driving the car you wonder if it'll ever payoff. I know it will of course, but you cannot help but think it. The reason being, I am not skimping out on anything.....I have even decided to do the 1 & 7/8 headers with dual cutouts to get rid of my restrictive exhaust setup, because I refuse to take my exhaust off because the sound is by far my fav on any F-Body I have ever heard. I want to make sure I don't get it on the dyno, and feel I have 40-50rwhp loss because of my exhaust.

Anyways, I did promise I had a small surprise in store. Nothing too special....I just did not want the 390 to starve on the D1

Old 08-12-2012, 01:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
yeah when you've been chipping away at the project for almost a year without ever driving the car you wonder if it'll ever payoff. I know it will of course, but you cannot help but think it. The reason being, I am not skimping out on anything.....I have even decided to do the 1 & 7/8 headers with dual cutouts to get rid of my restrictive exhaust setup, because I refuse to take my exhaust off because the sound is by far my fav on any F-Body I have ever heard. I want to make sure I don't get it on the dyno, and feel I have 40-50rwhp loss because of my exhaust.

Anyways, I did promise I had a small surprise in store. Nothing too special....I just did not want the 390 to starve on the D1

I hate you a little bit! Lol I need to really start putting a damn motor together.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

Wanna trade for the f1c?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by josepy121380
Wanna trade for the f1c?
no sir. had a chance to get an f1-r, but did not do it. this should be about all I need as far as blower goes. plus i dont have to mess with the radiator etc...and my truck intake still fits. bob says 20lbs is about the max hed push a 4 bolt design.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

no sir. had a chance to get an f1-r, but did not do it. this should be about all I need as far as blower goes. plus i dont have to mess with the radiator etc...and my truck intake still fits. bob says 20lbs is about the max hed push a 4 bolt design.
LOL I was kidding. I love hhow obnoxious the f1c is. Plus i moved and cut everything i need to make it fit. Tuner says this week were strapping her on.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:30 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Damn, bigger cubes, and a bigger blower... Nice.

I'm jealous. I'm still waiting to get used to the power I have for now. Part of me regrets not going bigger cubes, but oh well, live and learn. I'm sure the next motor will be bigger.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:17 AM
11 Second Club

Anybody looking for a F1R? lol

Quick Reply: F1A-390ci-E85