Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3 turbo woe's

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a turbo from Chad that I've yet to use but he was very helpful to me in my purchase and even made it available to be picked up at the warehouse. I went with on3 because its only an hour from my house and if I have any problems it's only a drive away. Sorry about your experience but he is offering to at least help but I also understand that enough is enough. Good luck on your next set up. Keep us posted
Old 01-18-2013, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ can i paypal you some $$ cash to walk over there and kick him in the nuts?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

Lol, no sir. I've giving columbus ohio enough bond money over the years.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Teching In

It amazes me that a young growing company would put it to so many people.
Of course there going to be nice before the sale they want you to feel secure about buying there product.... The real test of a good company is service after the sale.which to me by what I've seen on this forum of ON3 is it SUCKS. The video proves this guy could'nt give two **** after the sale. Evertime the guy in video silver sleeper posted started to talk about his actual issue he cut him off by beeing a dick or put him on hold so obviouslly he done it on purpose. It sucks that he would sell someone a item trying to pass it off as a name brand and when he gets busted wants to charge you to take it back.

It seems to me people like this problaby use to sell imitation NIKE's out of a van at a flea market and have graduated to our hobby.

We all have bought things on budgets and these turbo's are what they are...a turbo with a 1 month warranty this right here will prove they dont even have enough confidece in there own product to even put a least a 90 day warranty. I know they offered a rebuild kit to him...but question is would they have offered that to him without him posting his issue here I DOUT IT!

To much proof in the posts on the forum and most definitely the video to say ... if it walks like a duck it must be a duck ...or in this case a DICK to there paying customers. Just think I'm glad I did'nt pull the trigger on buying a couple ... Its unfourtunate everone got screwed but Im glad I read through this I'll just wait a couple more weeks and get a product from a company thats known for treating there customers right... and from the good I've read here on the forum HURON SPEED will be getting my $
Old 01-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Teching In

I find it funny that when a reputable company comes out with an item , people cry about how expensive and out of their price range it is. So they continue to look for cheaper items and expect the same quality stuff and excellent service. You get what you pay for.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Huron ftw, I wouldn't be scared for an instant to do business with those guys.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SOM
I find it funny that when a reputable company comes out with an item , people cry about how expensive and out of their price range it is. So they continue to look for cheaper items and expect the same quality stuff and excellent service. You get what you pay for.
This!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SOM
Originally Posted by Moter
This!
^^^^ YUP lol
its like crying when you find out your f-body doesnt drive like a ferrari or a lambo, dont care how many parts or money you throw at it, just aint gonna happen
Old 01-18-2013, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ren987
Huron ftw, I wouldn't be scared for an instant to do business with those guys.
Jon is the best!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another for huron, iv had a great experience so far with them building my one off kit.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

regardless of personal bias or decisions... can we get to the bottom of the real issue here..
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE TURBO... I Could care less whos feelings are hurt or whos business ethics are questionable..
theres a turbo siezing up and nowbody knows why, not even the sponsor. SO we dont have this issue agian and have yet another completely USELESS thread about how someone isnt happy...
lets get this thread back on track for true purpose.

turbo + seizing = ???
Old 01-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Come to Louisiana and take the turbo off your self. I am studying for a concrete design exam and wont mess with the car for a while.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lmao hell yes, that comment just made me lol
Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 AM
8 Second Club

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83

turbo + poor blue printing = seizing = ???
Fxt..
Old 01-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Launching!

My on 3 is still going strong. over 2000 miles and over 100 races.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, they advertise name brand parts then send you something cheap and crappy? I had that problem with a company last year. Brand new parts never out of the box, just wanted my money back and I'd let it rest. They told me tough **** and there was nothing illegal about advertising expensive parts, selling them at that high price, and sending cheap shitty ones. The Indiana BBB got a call about their practices and ended up litigating them or some crap for $5k for false advertisement, poor business practices, and made them refund me my money! All you gotta do is stand up to these businesses and call the right people, they will pay for their misdeeds and not do it to other people at the very least.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rotary1307cc
Fxt..
ANd yet again.... that isnt fixing nor identifying the failure.

but since the OP has no desire to actully do anything about it, this thread is useless and doesnt solve anything.

And if i had any time outside the US Army, my college courses, and my own life to come and fix your turbo problem, sure, id come down to pull it and send back to ON3 to get it identified and/or replaced at no cost to you.
BUT that aint happening and since i got a perfectly new ON3 turbo of myown waiting to go on my car as soon as i get a few bits and pieces, im good. if it fails which i wont think it will, ill call up ON3 and get it replaced. one way or another.

What i find funny is that you only have one doing this but the other one is doing exactly what its suppose to... on top of all this you said it yourself that you build this turbo project with the expectations of the turbo failing anyway.. so why are are you even on this forum complaining about it in the first place? That and your complete shutout of even having ON3 fix the problem in the first place, even if they came across as rude.

I know another person that crys when they dont get everything they want and still do when they get the better altenative, my 4 year son.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Launching!

lol I am not crying about anything, you really seem to have a problem understanding what is going on. So maybe re-re-re-re-iterating the point might help (but probably not). I just want people to know chad was a very amazing sales man pre-sale, then the problem arose over the gate flanges and I was treated like dirt. And the straw that broke the camels back, one morning I go to start the car to let it warm up and bam no go on the turbo.

The point is even though the he offered in this thread to send me a rebuild kit if I "asked real nice." I had such a experience with a simple thing like flanges why would I even want to bother with the turbo?

You could also think of this as customer feedback as suggested by many people with the recent demise of KY turbo, and my feed back is on3 turbo is great pre-sale and for me was terrible on the simple issue of getting me wastegate flanges. So much so that I had to order them from another company. And the turbo problem was a good way for me to channel my past with them.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Launching!

I understand what your say about the customer service over there at on 3. I have called just to ask some question. Now I'm not gonna lie I do not know too much about turbo's and I know I sounded like some idiot on the phone, but I was a potential buyer and even with that know I immediately got the vibe "I can't deal with this jackass". With that being said I just said okay thanks. Would I still buy an on3 turbo? Yes I would. Ren987 I love your build on, and I know you had a bad experience with Chad, but if you can get another unit rebuilt whatever I think you should go for it because there is the chance that the turbo was faulty for whatever the reason may be. Why let your car sit for however long it's going to be until you can afford to do a reliable turbo build when you are just a turbo swap away? If the next one fails then ok I understand. What if the next unit runs for 5 years and now it cost you nothing but the aggravation. I would just love to this thing back up on the road again with the budget set up.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Launching!

I have another I can put on it, so no big deal. I don't want a pity hand out from him just want others to know he doesn't walk on water as Mr. Grooms believe.

Quick Reply: On3 turbo woe's