Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ON3Performance No A/C Ls1 Camaro REVIEW PICS VIDEO GREAT KIT!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 01:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the racing action video! The oil drain setup does look good, do you have a photo of the line coming out of the turbo and going back? From what I see there is slope to it and seems like thats going to be the ticket! It worries me a little just because a lot of people installing dont understand clocking a turbo(direction do cover this for those that havent installed our kits). So in order to make sure to get them correct, if this does work, maybe Ill make a custom line with the fittings already installed to help guys with the install and ensure it goes on right.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say we are good to go bud. Over a hundred miles with no issue. Kind of hard to explain in words how to clock a turbo to someone that hasnt done it so the next time i have a turbo on the bench i was going to make a video on how to do it and post it up that way it is fool proof. I have been talking to adam about designing a fitting that would make this a lot easier to do and more than likely cheaper and i would like to talk to you about it. Adam has my personal phone number so when you get a free minute it would be great if yoi could give me a call abd we could go over some options that could benefit everyone about this drain. I have an idea that would most likely be a cheaper, easier, and better way to make my design that could either be included with the kit or added as an upgrade. Either way, im sure that with out a scavenge pump these kits will be hard to keep on the shelves lol.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Had some more night action with the car last night and it now has over 200 miles on it with no issues or smoke so I would say we got this scavenge pump thing beat. Might hit a dyno next week to see what this thing is laying down.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Please do! Eager to hear numbers out of this kit. What are you doing for fueling and how much boost is it seeing?
Old 10-24-2013, 02:57 PM
FormerVendor

Very cool, I have a very good lead for custom fittings, we did some for our custom LS power steering line kit. So Ill give you a shout one of these evenings when we are wrapping up
Old 10-24-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

255 pump, 60lb injectors, aeromotive boost rederencing fuel press regulator with a return line. 10psi
Old 10-27-2013, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is there a way to get the intercooler in the kit WITHOUT the logo on it? Just personal preference.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I left it on mine because it didnt bother me and could barely be seen anyway but on the first kit I did all we did was just spray it with break clean and it came right off. Its just light spray paint no scrubby or anything needed. Comes off like it was never there.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:35 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by evilz99
255 pump, 60lb injectors, aeromotive boost rederencing fuel press regulator with a return line. 10psi
93 octane?
Old 10-30-2013, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes sir. 93. Car is running great and still no oil issues. I ordered a cut out and a v band clamp and flanges for the down pipe. I will post pics when i get it added up.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Any issues with heat around town yet? Has it burned up anything under the hood? I'm really liking the look of this kit, and will likely go with it if I can't find a deal on a used kit that retains a/c.

That cutout will help a lot, closer to the turbo the better. It'll spool faster and likely pick up 2-3 psi without touching the controller or gate spring
Old 11-01-2013, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

No issues with heat at all. I used two derale #16925 (I believe thats the part number ) and have no cooling issues either. One thing I may or may not have mentioned is I ran the battery cables different. The cable that goes from the battery to the fuse box post runs in front of the radiator and obvioisly the cable to the alternator is also ran differently. Was very simple and didnt have to extend or cut any wires. Only problem I have had is the down pipe was a little short to my cat back and it slid apart once but my catback was modified before so it probably wouldnt be an issue for anyone else. When I add the cut out I am gonnamake the 2 pipes from the starter to the cat back 1 v banded pipe for ease of removal.
My shops last cruise for the year is Sunday so after that I plan on a track and dyno visit before winter projects start including the forged motor so quarter mile times and dyno numbers will come soon. Gonna really try to push the limits of a stock ten bolt and stock junkyard 5.3 at the track lol.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Now that youve had the kit running for a while is there anything you would recommend changing or upgrading from the kit as is? Looking hard at getting one of these kits for my car in the future. Looks like ideally get the kit and maybe upgrade to a nicer turbo for ideal spool for whatever size engine one is using? Any plans for a twin turbo kit? Were there any issues with hardware (clamps bolts etc) stuff like that thatd be worth upgrading?
Old 11-02-2013, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

My suggestions for the kit is obviously the drain line to avoid the scavenge pump, fuel pump and injectors to match the power you are looking to put out, boost referencing fuel regulator, their 90 degree couple for the throttle body connection, the pusher fans, a cut out for the down pipe and use a vband on the connection by the starter. I hae had no problems with any hardware or clamps/couplers or anythong on these kits. They truely are the best bang for the buck. Simple install, great fitment, and good power.
If there are any questions on the fuel system i am cureently using it is posted on this thread. Dual 255 pumps with only one hooked up currently until the next motor, Siemens deka 60lb injectors, aeromotive afpr with return line. Thats pretty much it.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

do you remember how long that oil drain line was?
Old 11-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Keep us updated on if we can get away without the oil scavenge pump. Been eying this kit for a while now and plan to get it later in the year. I know you have to have the bmr turbo k member if you want to keep a/c curious if you can use the pa racing turbo k member also or if only the bmr will work with the kit

Originally Posted by On 3 Performance
I like the racing action video! The oil drain setup does look good, do you have a photo of the line coming out of the turbo and going back? From what I see there is slope to it and seems like thats going to be the ticket! It worries me a little just because a lot of people installing dont understand clocking a turbo(direction do cover this for those that havent installed our kits). So in order to make sure to get them correct, if this does work, maybe Ill make a custom line with the fittings already installed to help guys with the install and ensure it goes on right.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

so on this kit do you loose the sway bar... or just didnt install it?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Default this kit

I have this kit. I was going to put the kit on my stock motor but now I have it built. I have the 76mm and it's all being installed by a shop. I was hoping to push 20lbs, but at 10lbs it seems that traction is a major issue. Thoughts on 20lbs with the standard intercooler? The motor has 317 heads, stock ls1 block with wiseco forged pistons and eagle rods. Stock crank. I also have stock rearend stock suspension and stock t56. (That's right! t56!)
Extras I have bought: I have a 255lph pump, an aero 2000 external pump, an adjustable fuel regulator, HUGE fuel rails, FIC 1000cc injectors.. Mightym0use catch can, turbosmart manual boost controller. I didn't want any gauges so I bought a dashdaq from zeitronix with wideband and boost reference. What plugs are you running?

People thinking of buying this kit... Costs add up quick. Don't think you buy the kit and are good.. I have tons of money wrapped up in mine, but I'm hoping for 700rwhp at 20lbs. More would be a bonus. The motor alone should be 400 so i figure 700 should be fairly attainable. I also had a custom cam spec'd by Martin @ Ticks Performance.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by justinkp
I have this kit. I was going to put the kit on my stock motor but now I have it built. I have the 76mm and it's all being installed by a shop. I was hoping to push 20lbs, but at 10lbs it seems that traction is a major issue. Thoughts on 20lbs with the standard intercooler? The motor has 317 heads, stock ls1 block with wiseco forged pistons and eagle rods. Stock crank. I also have stock rearend stock suspension and stock t56. (That's right! t56!)
Extras I have bought: I have a 255lph pump, an aero 2000 external pump, an adjustable fuel regulator, HUGE fuel rails, FIC 1000cc injectors.. Mightym0use catch can, turbosmart manual boost controller. I didn't want any gauges so I bought a dashdaq from zeitronix with wideband and boost reference. What plugs are you running?

People thinking of buying this kit... Costs add up quick. Don't think you buy the kit and are good.. I have tons of money wrapped up in mine, but I'm hoping for 700rwhp at 20lbs. More would be a bonus. The motor alone should be 400 so i figure 700 should be fairly attainable. I also had a custom cam spec'd by Martin @ Ticks Performance.
Nice! Are you gonna do a build thread?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

No, because I'm not the one building it. Lol.
But I do have a pic of the motor with the turbo on the front. It's been painted though. I know it's ugly right now. This was over a month ago though.

Quick Reply: ON3Performance No A/C Ls1 Camaro REVIEW PICS VIDEO GREAT KIT!