Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Where do you guys want to install a air-to-water intercooler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you guys want to install a air-to-water intercooler?

We're in the process of making air-water intercoolers and was wondering where customers would like to see them. My thought would be to have it in behind the driver's side bumper cover. Another cool idea would be to relocated the battery and cut for more room. Let me know if you have any ideas, the more the better. As some of you know, we have some amazing prices and will continue to with these intercoolers
Old 02-03-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

What would it cost to get 2 A2W intercoolers for my setup? Here are pictures of how the turbos are setup

http://mtg.homeunix.com/ls1/TurboIns...5/IMG_0518.JPG

Everything that can be removed is pretty much already gone off the car, and it will have a radiator that stands straight up and down.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id would like it to be where the battery goes, maybe cutting out a little to fit one in.
im sure some would like it to be where the driver's side bumper cover is.

are you going to include a water pump, heat condeser & fan in your kit as well.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
Here are pictures of how the turbos are setup

http://mtg.homeunix.com/ls1/TurboIns...5/IMG_0518.JPG
That's hot. Who did your headers? If you don't mind answering, what's your setup?

Ryan
Old 02-04-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ryan23
That's hot. Who did your headers? If you don't mind answering, what's your setup?

Ryan
Local machine shop put them together, I got the materials. Cost me under 1000
Old 02-04-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

This worked out good on my TRUCK... It actually fits on the two mounts that are there for the stock air filter (slotted mount on the intercooler) then one nut holds it down at the bottom where the air cleaner was bolted..

If you look carefully at the pic you can see the two slots in the reflection at the top of the intercooler..

I know you are probably not asking about trucks, but may go that direction someday....
Attached Thumbnails Where do you guys want to install a air-to-water intercooler?-r-side-view-2-50.jpg  
Old 02-06-2005, 02:04 AM
Launching!

Flipper, for some reason I can't look at the picture. Ever since I became a sponser I can't see uploaded pictures Anyone else have suggestions? I would have thought this would be popular with the amount of request I get
Old 02-06-2005, 02:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1-7
Flipper, for some reason I can't look at the picture. Ever since I became a sponser I can't see uploaded pictures Anyone else have suggestions? I would have thought this would be popular with the amount of request I get
I want to mount them right in the area where my front mount is, can you make 2 of them welded together into 1 big huge unit for my twins? that would be a sweet setup, esp if the air outlet was in a great spot to run up to the throttle body.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
I want to mount them right in the area where my front mount is, can you make 2 of them welded together into 1 big huge unit for my twins? that would be a sweet setup, esp if the air outlet was in a great spot to run up to the throttle body.

Something like that would be easy to make. Are you talking two seperate cores plumbed together or keep them seperated, just have them welded so they look like one? I also sent you a pm, did you get it?
Old 02-06-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1-7
I emailed a pic through your website email

Quick Reply: Where do you guys want to install a air-to-water intercooler?