Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pics - Duke's Blue Vodoo

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:10 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardcore Gary
Match race? OK! We'll be at several NSCA, NMCA and PSCA races throughout the season, and an LS1 tech race or two....bring some cash. We ain't skeert, because win or lose we're gonna have fun (just ask the folks who showed up at VMP.)
Gary, we like both of the Firebirds, with and without 4 link, street legal or not, and we will take you up on a bet in our Firebird, if we see you at one of our races.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

Stenod,

Proof? How 'bout May issue of Popular Hotrodding, Competitionplus.com, RPM Magazine, nscaracing.com...and coming soon the cover of June Pontiac Enthusiast magazine and a five page story in July GM High Tech Performance. You can read....can't you? But just for you, if I can figure out my new scanner I'll post the time slips later today, then you can say that they're not ours or something....
As far as whoopin' us....bring it.
Carbon fiber? Bring your wallet up to the shop.

Bickelfirebird,

Cool. Win or lose, we love to play...see you at the track. We're with you, anybody, anytime, and a beer and a steak after.

Gary
Old 03-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

How 'bout May issue of Popular Hotrodding, Competitionplus.com, RPM Magazine, nscaracing.com...and coming soon the cover of June Pontiac Enthusiast magazine and a five page story in July GM High Tech Performance. You can read....can't you? But just for you, if I can figure out my new scanner I'll post the time slips later today, then you can say that they're not ours or something....

Gary
Gary,
I am no big dog like the rest of you guys in this thread, but had a question. I don't doubt you guys ran the number. I was just curious what tranny you guys ran the 7.9X with?
Old 03-18-2005, 10:53 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

One guess, Rossler TH210. TH 400 with a 2.10 first gear and all the fun trimmings courtesy of Carl Rossler.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:54 AM
...with cheese.

This is funny to me, I have no doubt they ran the 7... not a doubt in my mind. Look at the money they've poured into the car! Tons of people will be in the 7's this year, Hardcore just had the money and time to get it there first. They get the title of "first" but that doesn't make them the best, "for long"
Old 03-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Stenod,

Proof? How 'bout May issue of Popular Hotrodding, Competitionplus.com, RPM Magazine, nscaracing.com...and coming soon the cover of June Pontiac Enthusiast magazine and a five page story in July GM High Tech Performance. You can read....can't you? But just for you, if I can figure out my new scanner I'll post the time slips later today, then you can say that they're not ours or something....

Bickelfirebird,

Cool. Win or lose, we love to play...see you at the track. We're with you, anybody, anytime, and a beer and a steak after.

Gary

Gary,
Do you guy's have the video of that run, either one of them? I would like to see how the car looked on the big end at that speed. Just to see how much it moved around. Also wouldn't mind seeing it on the drag radial run, that should be a fun one to watch!
Old 03-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DERTY
One guess, Rossler TH210. TH 400 with a 2.10 first gear and all the fun trimmings courtesy of Carl Rossler.
Well if they used the 400 on that run then that blows a hole in my uneducated guess for them not wanting to post a complete video and where the extra mph came from.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:06 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Originally Posted by XIII
Well if they used the 400 on that run then that blows a hole in my uneducated guess for them not wanting to post a complete video and where the extra mph came from.
We replaced our glide with a Th210 and picked up 2/10.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:07 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Stenod,

Bickelfirebird,

Gary
Gary-

I can read . I just can't type very good. LOL! I just want to see video of the car. Plain and simple. Maybe my posts are coming off like im trying to be a dick, not the case at all. I just don't have it in me. Ask those that know me . Please just post a video of the run, not little fragments. Everybody wants to see the video, it's been on every board you post on, just post a video and make us ALL happy.

I for sure am not trying to make enemies here, I'm actually looking forward to racing with you guys, you have one hell of a team and some VERY fast cars, makes for way better racing.

I had the luxury of travelling with Dan Millens Race Team last summer, and going to orlando with those guys only made me LOVE racing more. I hope we can get a bunch of cars running within .4tenths of each other, makes for some seriously bad *** racing

Stenod

p.s. about coming with cash for some parts, I don't have much, been blowing all of it on the shop here
Old 03-18-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

I just want to know the race weight? Just as a comparison.
Last time we ran our car it went 8.21 blowing the compressor pipe off and coasting to 152 mph. This was at 3550lbs. The new setup is going to be fun.

Time slip and race weight would be nice.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have a feeling this year will be insane for the top dawgs. I can't wait to see these races!!

How about you guys setup a grudge match. Make the entrance fee a couple of grand to enter and go at it
Old 03-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Chris,
No good video of the big end. Camera at the starting line and too much oil/fuel smoke out of the hurt engine to even see the car at the big end. That's why no video of the full run.

Guys,
Trans is a Rossler THM 400 with Hughes 8 inch converter. Nothing too top secret there.
Weight on the cars is around 3500 w/drivers, depending on how much ballast and which car. I'm not telling which car is lighter....but it will be on the starting line at any grudge race

Time slips are coming....I think....damned new scanner....may have to read the (gulp) instructions.

Gary
Old 03-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bickelfirebird
We replaced our glide with a Th210 and picked up 2/10.
What did it do for your MPH? I was thinking more along the lines of a Liberty or a Jerico. Losing weight or making more power wouldn't show up in a video, but those extra shifts sure would. Like I said, just an uneducated guess.

Edit - Just read Gary's post, I was way off.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Hope this works....timeslip is attached.

Gary
Attached Thumbnails Pics - Duke's Blue Vodoo-timeslip0002.jpg  
Old 03-18-2005, 12:24 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

What did it do for your MPH? I was thinking more along the lines of a Liberty or a Jerico. Losing weight or making more power wouldn't show up in a video, but those extra shifts sure would. Like I said, just an uneducated guess.

Edit - Just read Gary's post, I was way off.

Speaking of Liberty...do they have a website? Always been curious as to how those things work. Are they a planetary gear set like a lenco?
Old 03-18-2005, 12:32 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.libertysgears.com/
Old 03-18-2005, 12:34 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Thank you SIR!

How strong are their T-56s?? Anyone run one from here yet?
Old 03-18-2005, 12:36 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

What did it do for your MPH? I was thinking more along the lines of a Liberty or a Jerico. Losing weight or making more power wouldn't show up in a video, but those extra shifts sure would. Like I said, just an uneducated guess. Edit - Just read Gary's post, I was way off.
Also picked up a couple of mph.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks like there will be some good racing at the EFI Nat's this year! Don't worry, Brian and I will ensure everyone is legal.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dang i must be getting old, i need glasses or somthing to read them slips,
but it does look like you did 143 in the 1/8 !!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Pics - Duke's Blue Vodoo