Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

The beginning of something...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 01:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm trying to keep alot of this together and in one place so I thought I'd add a link here.

I added a second pump over the holiday (THANKS EPP!!) so that I could continue the slow (for me) process of turning things up. I'm at 13.5psi right now but having some trouble dialing back the fueling under boost. Oh well, chipping away at it... Here is a link to the twin pump install pics in the fueling section: https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/615108-my-twin-walbro-s-01-t-pics-schizz.html
Old 11-27-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work Frost, that is some good work, just read the fuel pump setup. I still cant get over how sweet your FMIC looks in your pic.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:35 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks alot...

After some retuning, I got the car up to 15psi at VERY conservative timing tonight with a AFR that was kind of rich during spool (looking at 3-bar upgrade now) leveling out to 10.2:1 up top with the meth. I didn't bother with pulling in 2nd gear, but third wants to cut it loose at very high MPHs

I have to go out of town for work again Weds morning and out for 8 days without the car again I'm kinda bummed about that...
Old 12-31-2006, 12:26 AM
FormerVendor

Lookie what I got myself for Christmas!!

A nice fresh deep-panned th400 with a TCI RMVB and a brake

I have the crossmember, shifter, madman dipstick, steel driveshaft, hefty 2800 stall (looking for more under boost though ) .... all I need is the TCI flexplate, cooler, and I think a spacer for the stall. I have a 12-bolt (not in the car yet) but I need to get the 3.73s swapped out for some nice 3.08s. I'm hoping this combo will work well on the track and the gear and tight stall will make it a liveable setup for the street. It's not my daily driver but it'd be nice to retain that kind of usefulness.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no wonder you didn't return my phone call.... lol (j/k, cuz i just told ya to change my number), been busy haven't ya!!!!! LOL
Old 12-31-2006, 05:12 PM
FormerVendor

Any body know if I'm going to have to hammer my tunnel any to get this in?
Old 01-01-2007, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Frost
Well, remember that this is on meth for time being, It'd be a point or so higher without it.... I am at 10.0-10.1 up until the pressure begins to drop.

Another reason to be so fat and light on the timing (even tho I'm at about 8.6:1 CR) is that when my buddies and I had the M6 out the other weekend, I lost feedback from both knock sensors This coming holiday (end of the week) I'm swapping intakes and will be addressing the knock sensor issue then and will feel a little better about leaning things out and adding timing.
I have a customer in Canada that tunes his more serious pump gas/meth engines at 10.0-10.1 at WOT. makes tons of power. So I wouldnt worry about being on the rich side.

I would worry about fuel system not keeping up.. that in itself is an issue that needs addressing. And not use the injection to fix that issue.

FWIW, I had a dropping fuel pressure issue 3 months ago, ended up being the FP relay contacts had arc'd and not allowing full voltage to pump. So sometimes we get caught in blaming the pump.. and its something else real simple.. Well only when you find it

HTH
Old 01-01-2007, 11:25 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Julio
I have a customer in Canada that tunes his more serious pump gas/meth engines at 10.0-10.1 at WOT. makes tons of power. So I wouldnt worry about being on the rich side.

I would worry about fuel system not keeping up.. that in itself is an issue that needs addressing. And not use the injection to fix that issue.

FWIW, I had a dropping fuel pressure issue 3 months ago, ended up being the FP relay contacts had arc'd and not allowing full voltage to pump. So sometimes we get caught in blaming the pump.. and its something else real simple.. Well only when you find it

HTH
It was really out of pump... I added another pump and I was back in business ( https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615108 ) I NEED to move to 3-bar tuning though... On the rise up to peak boost I'm off-the-chart rich. It has to have enough fuel in the 9-10psi area to support where the engine will be at 15.5psi as I am running blind.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

I would stay on the 2 bar until your at least 18-19 PSI. You will have better resolution out of the 2 bar.

If you do move to the 3 bar, contact me to give you instructions on resetting the controller.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:31 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Julio
I would stay on the 2 bar until your at least 18-19 PSI. You will have better resolution out of the 2 bar.

If you do move to the 3 bar, contact me to give you instructions on resetting the controller.
Well to be honest, I'm hoping to be in that area.... I am just setting a personal pump-gas limit at 15.5psi for now. I want to get some good fuel in the car and look at the upper teens. I'm hoping the turbo will max out before the fuel system now, but you never know. This coming season, 20psi on race fuel sounds nice for the track
Old 01-01-2007, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Remember that the old MAF setup would pin the MAF and from that point on you would dial in the amount of fuel needed to sustain the power. Meaning that if your planning on hitting 20 PSI a few times, I would at the track hook the laptop up and dial er in. Your drivability on the 2 bar will be better.

This is that street car vs race car deal we run into.. its a fine line.. and one to make. For 20 PSI.. looks like your going to need a good cage

Keep your boost modest and get lots and lots of passes out of her. By the end of '07 you want to get greedy.. then start to crank it up. Hopefully by then the piggy bank is filled back up for bigger and badder
Old 01-01-2007, 12:16 PM
FormerVendor

Yeah I know it's a fine line, and it's gonna stay on the street side. Depending on a few things, I'm going to moving to a SD tune here very shortly. I probably will start with 2-bar using the MAP that came with your alky setup. I REALLY don't want a cage in the car. I have a Wolfe 6pt bar (not in the car yet) and I honestly don't even want that thing in there. It's hard to resist the urge to get greedy; I'm working on it
Old 01-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Banned

I just swapped a TH400 in to my car, no hammering needed. Now I just need to go get the car finished and on the road.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 01-29-2007, 03:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
Haha thanks.... this thing has taken a long time to see through and it's still not done...

I'm really hating having to give up my 6-speed.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha thanks.... this thing has taken a long time to see through and it's still not done...

I'm really hating having to give up my 6-speed.
you wont hate missing shifts and changing out $1500 clutches,
Old 01-29-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
you wont hate missing shifts and changing out $1500 clutches,

h aha ah LOL thats true...

Hey man on a side note will your car be ready for the track by March 16th???
The reason i ask is were doing an MIR rental.... 8 hrs... im already planning on it.... just looking for a trailer with my Tax $$$

Kyle
Old 01-30-2007, 08:08 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
h aha ah LOL thats true...

Hey man on a side note will your car be ready for the track by March 16th???
The reason i ask is were doing an MIR rental.... 8 hrs... im already planning on it.... just looking for a trailer with my Tax $$$

Kyle
hmmmm I'm not sure... on top of the work I need to do I have to get some big n littles and tires. I won't know until closer to the date.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmmmm I'm not sure... on top of the work I need to do I have to get some big n littles and tires. I won't know until closer to the date.
borrow kyles he has like 3 sets.lol
Old 01-30-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

WHAT KIND OF POWER ARE YOU MAKING? I HAVE 763 TO THE REARS AND I USE MICKEY THOMPSON ET STREETS AND THEY HOOK REAL GOOD.

Quick Reply: The beginning of something...