Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

The beginning of something...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You car is slow... oh... adopt me.

I still want AFR 205's and a FAST 90/90... add me to your shopping list.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skip the ET Strrets.. either runa full slick or the ET Street Radials ie the drag radials... they hook better the nthe reg. et streets anyways....
Old 01-30-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
borrow kyles he has like 3 sets.lol

Hey now......
Old 02-13-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Veteran

There is more money wrapped up in parts in the first page of this thread than my whole car is worth... by a lot.

Originally Posted by Frost
.....and sell crack to 3 year olds...
So you the fool who's been undercutting my prices!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lookie what I got myself for Christmas!!

A nice fresh deep-panned th400 with a TCI RMVB and a brake

I have the crossmember, shifter, madman dipstick, steel driveshaft, hefty 2800 stall (looking for more under boost though ) .... all I need is the TCI flexplate, cooler, and I think a spacer for the stall. I have a 12-bolt (not in the car yet) but I need to get the 3.73s swapped out for some nice 3.08s. I'm hoping this combo will work well on the track and the gear and tight stall will make it a liveable setup for the street. It's not my daily driver but it'd be nice to retain that kind of usefulness.

What was that post all about?

Got more goodies

The new ring and pinion for the 12-bolt, tranny cooler, tranny shield, TCI flexplate, a cutout, and some ARP hardware.... and one toy robot courtesy of FANUC. I changed my mind about the shifter too, went with a quick silver, it was a favorite of mine when I was first driving.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Mounting position for the robot? It just never stops, does it...
Old 03-04-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

hell naw it never stops.... LMAO. cuz i'm still rolling now
Old 03-04-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

...just had to use fart.

LOL!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Regular

Youve shown us like 20k worth of parts..........I guess you can't hide success....at what is what i want to know..
Old 03-13-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

What kind of torque converter did you get?? You never said...
Old 03-13-2007, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FASTERthanYOU
Youve shown us like 20k worth of parts..........I guess you can't hide success....at what is what i want to know..
trust me you don't want to know...
Old 03-13-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

ever seen the GM commercial with the robot that messes up? well steve programms robots like that..... that mess up. job security
Old 03-13-2007, 08:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
ever seen the GM commercial with the robot that messes up? well steve programms robots like that..... that mess up. job security
The robot is only as good as the mechanics and repeatability of it's work environment. Plus you have to shy away from those bots that are clinicaly depressed and unhappy with their jobs

So... an update I guess.

I've been out of town for a week for work; I'll be home through the weekend but go back out for a different job this coming week. The last 2 months I've seen ridiculous deadlines at work with long hours and lots of stress, and I don't seem to handle the stress as well these days, so the car needs some attention.

My turbo kit has liberated my driver's side motor-mount, and I have no idea how to even get to it without taking most of the kit off ( https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/670029-ptk-pts-owners-tubular-k-members-inside-please.html ), since most of it is on that side. I also have to find a solution for the boiling of the power sterring fluid that the kit has blessed me with as well as burning up some plastic part of the steering shaft which has caused play in the wheel. When I get back home a nice set of Spohn solid mounts will be waiting, as well as my HPTuners unlimited GenIII USB Pro upgrade I've really been into this tuning schizzy as of late (for other folks that is)...

Since I am just action-packed with issues, outside of my motor mount, here's the latest: I buy a 12-bolt with under 2K miles from a user here. He says it makes some noise but hasn't heard another to compare it to really. They all make some noise, so I wasn't worried. It's a moser, 33 spline axles, 4ch all setup to go, 3.73. Since I want to keep this th400 streetable and let my turbo "work" it's tq magic, a 3.08 seemed to be a no-brainer. The carrier cut-point was 3.73 and numerically lower, so I should have been fine. The shop setting up the ring and pinion calls me... the rear has a broken spider gear. The user I got it from (OVER A YEAR AGO!) actually sent me some money back to help out, which I didn't expect and is great. Turns out on the Eaton carrier I can't get just a top gear, I have to get all of them and the plates and springs too. There goes another 180+65 labor. They rebuild the carrier (already have the pinion in) and find out that the 3.73 must be a FOUR SERIES ODD GEAR, cuz that 3.08 is NOT gonna work out. The only option at this point is MORE labor $$ and freakin $500 carraige or just have him re-install the 3.73 and sell the thing taking a loss on the work done.

Since the driveshaft for the th400 fits the 12-bolt, I can't do the tranny without a rear-end to go in. I need to get the Wolfe 6-pt in the car still also.

I have a LOT to do before it sees the track and I don't have much free time. I live in an apartment right now too, so I have to arrange work at my friend's locations (sorry guys ) and not wanting to have to leave it on their property (don't want to inconvenience them) over night is making it VERY VERY tough to see through.

More time, more money

Last edited by Frost; 03-13-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn man that sucks....... just sit back, take a deep breathe and think about the end result...... its way worth it and u will be there soon........Just keep thinking about that Turbo spooling sound in your head LOL

Kyle
Old 03-14-2007, 07:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

steve i do have an open spot now...you know since i finished a whole nother car while you were buying broke stuff
Old 03-14-2007, 08:31 AM
10 Second Club

steve i do have an open spot now...you know since i finished a whole nother car while you were buying broke stuff

BHAHAHAHA
Old 03-18-2007, 01:03 AM
FormerVendor

...My turbo kit has liberated my driver's side motor-mount, and I have no idea how to even get to it without taking most of the kit off ( https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670029 ), since most of it is on that side. I also have to find a solution for the boiling of the power sterring fluid that the kit has blessed me with as well as burning up some plastic part of the steering shaft which has caused play in the wheel. When I get back home a nice set of Spohn solid mounts will be waiting, as well as my HPTuners unlimited GenIII USB Pro upgrade I've really been into this tuning schizzy as of late (for other folks that is)...

Since I am just action-packed with issues, outside of my motor mount, here's the latest: I buy a 12-bolt with under 2K miles from a user here. He says it makes some noise but hasn't heard another to compare it to really. They all make some noise, so I wasn't worried. It's a moser, 33 spline axles, 4ch all setup to go, 3.73. Since I want to keep this th400 streetable and let my turbo "work" it's tq magic, a 3.08 seemed to be a no-brainer. The carrier cut-point was 3.73 and numerically lower, so I should have been fine. The shop setting up the ring and pinion calls me... the rear has a broken spider gear. The user I got it from (OVER A YEAR AGO!) actually sent me some money back to help out, which I didn't expect and is great. Turns out on the Eaton carrier I can't get just a top gear, I have to get all of them and the plates and springs too. There goes another 180+65 labor. They rebuild the carrier (already have the pinion in) and find out that the 3.73 must be a FOUR SERIES ODD GEAR, cuz that 3.08 is NOT gonna work out. The only option at this point is MORE labor $$ and freakin $500 carraige or just have him re-install the 3.73 and sell the thing taking a loss on the work done.

Well, with the help of some good friends in RPM, I got the motor mounts swapped out for a set of Spohn solids that feel NICE. I got the play out of my steering that I THOUGHT was from the kit, turns out it was loose hardware just above the rack. It was a good day.

Man, Karma's a beotch...
Old 03-18-2007, 08:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

ill still run you from a dig without the turbo
Old 03-18-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry about the trouble with the 12 bolt Steve. I had NO idea whatsoever.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:43 AM
FormerVendor

ill still run you from a dig without the turbo
I take that, and you can leave when you want.

Originally Posted by Jimmyz
Sorry about the trouble with the 12 bolt Steve. I had NO idea whatsoever.
You couldn't have known, and thanks for sending some cash back my way, that's a first for me here, I did appreciate it.

Quick Reply: The beginning of something...