Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

The new set up is up and running just working out a few bugs

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:54 PM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new set up is up and running just working out a few bugs

Well it’s been one hell of a rough ride but we finally got her just about done. Some of you know my car most may not. It has always been a nitrous car and currently holds the record for the fastest and quickest C5 on stock suspension with a 8.72 @ 158. Now we have kicked it up a notch going to a 12 bolt with torque arm setup in the rear and a power glide up front. We made some awesome changes to the motor as you can see in some of the links below and replaced the big shot of nitrous with some boost. I like to thank everyone involved The Vette Doctor, Never Lift Race Cars, American Racing Headers and Turbo People for all their effort and putting up with my CRAZYNESS. Jobe you’re not done yet. I set out to break new ground this season and hope to be the first PRO 8 car in the 7's beating Angelo Valla and Mike Mitchell to that magic number. I got a little bit of a late start but I am still in the game. The car is a bit of an experiment. We are in untested water but with my team of players, I feel we covered the bases pretty well. There was a lot of fear in putting the turbo in the back for this application but after going crazy trying to work with it up front. I pushed everyone to rear mount it. I enjoy wrenching my car when ever it is with in my limits and if you saw what it would have been like with it up front you would have run the other way. If I had a removable nose it would have been another story. Check out the links below.

http://www.thevettedoctors.com/video...sprayturbo.wmv

http://www.thevettedoctors.com/video...prayturbo2.wmv

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1403432
Old 06-01-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds F'ing sick
Old 06-01-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds great.

You going to release the motor set-up, turbo, intercoolers, etc.???

Why the "secret" about dyno numbers?

David
Old 06-01-2006, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

Thats a BAD BAD BITCH!!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
Sounds great.

You going to release the motor set-up, turbo, intercoolers, etc.???

Why the "secret" about dyno numbers?

David

Im with Dave....???
Old 06-01-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

All I can even say is, DAMN!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:14 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks sweet, what turbo is that exactly? Wish I had volume so I could hear it run.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MajorSpray
Well it’s been one hell of a rough ride but we finally got her just about done. Some of you know my car most may not. It has always been a nitrous car and currently holds the record for the fastest and quickest C5 on stock suspension with a 8.72 @ 158. Now we have kicked it up a notch going to a 12 bolt with torque arm setup in the rear and a power glide up front. We made some awesome changes to the motor as you can see in some of the links below and replaced the big shot of nitrous with some boost. I like to thank everyone involved The Vette Doctor, Never Lift Race Cars, American Racing Headers and Turbo People for all their effort and putting up with my CRAZYNESS. Jobe you’re not done yet. I set out to break new ground this season and hope to be the first PRO 8 car in the 7's beating Angelo Valla and Mike Mitchell to that magic number. I got a little bit of a late start but I am still in the game. The car is a bit of an experiment. We are in untested water but with my team of players, I feel we covered the bases pretty well. There was a lot of fear in putting the turbo in the back for this application but after going crazy trying to work with it up front. I pushed everyone to rear mount it. I enjoy wrenching my car when ever it is with in my limits and if you saw what it would have been like with it up front you would have run the other way. If I had a removable nose it would have been another story. Check out the links below.

http://www.thevettedoctors.com/video...sprayturbo.wmv

http://www.thevettedoctors.com/video...prayturbo2.wmv

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1403432

Cool setup. How is the lag on that car. Their is another 427 C5 car on the forum with a 101. The curve was extremely laggy and was well off the pace of a thumper unit mounted up front. Do you have any dyno sheets?? Either way the car looks primo man, and love the suspension work. I know forcedinductions.com is working with a C5 customer from texas with a custom turbo that is specifically made for a rear mount turbo car. I talked to them and I know they converted a thumper to dual ball bearings and custom wheel combination just for the setup.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:12 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Watched all the vids, ME LIKE.

What is the turbo size?

I can see where turbo packaging up front is a PITA on 98-04 C5's.

Did you have to mod the rear fenders for those 28's? Are those 28x10.5's?
Old 06-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Looking good Paul....wondered what you have been up to
Old 06-02-2006, 10:18 AM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

Guy's

We are still working on a few issues but we should have it to the track before the next Pro 8 on the 24th.

The turbo is a 106mm. We are running an air to water 3 core inter cooler. The motor is a LS2 block with C5R Heads.

The dyno numbers don't mean anything. Track results will tell the story.
We haven't had any issues with lag and are real happy with the power curve so far. We are having a problem with the intake manifold but we hope to get that squared away real soon.

The rear tires are 29.5 X 10.5 X 15 W and yes I modified the rear quarter panels.

It’s not a big secret it’s a big game we have a real competitive series going and I don't plan on laying out all the cards.

Quick Reply: The new set up is up and running just working out a few bugs