Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

OFI build taking shape..no 56k

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey cablebandit you goin to fbody gathering next month? I'd love to see this car there.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:30 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I just cried it looks so good. Nice job man!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:44 PM
12 Second Club

What did the S488 cost you ?
Old 04-05-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Does anyone have a running kit? Id be concerened about the a/c, power steering and ABS setup. Where does the ABS block go? Turbo headers get VERY hot under boost. Ive melted many things that werent even close to them. I had to use the plug boot protectors and heat wrap over those.

Its a nice looking setup for sure.
I guess nobody saw the thread that was on here for a few weeks of the OFI setup on my car lol. Its running. Yes they melted and yes its taken care of. BTW it made 724 rwhp and 723 rwtq.
Sorry to jack the thread jerry, your setup looks good coated and all that. I ran out of money lol........
Here is pics of the old wires....they are at the bottom of the first page.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/684352-ohio-forced-induction.html

Last edited by GotV-8; 04-05-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

sweet ride for the 2nd time around i cant wait til i can get some time to myself, i will def try to figure out how to fab my own stuff up
Old 04-05-2007, 09:50 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe I should try mounting my condenser behind my radiator, might help with my cooling issues?

Are you using pusher fans then?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks hot bud!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

Lookin good Jerry!! Sure wish I could afford to go turbo..
Old 04-08-2007, 07:25 AM
9 Second Club

I got the pics you guys asked for....just been too lazy to post them but i will

Got it driving friday night. No boost yet as I am still learning efilive/roadrunner and i dont have the wg/bov hoses hooked up. Ill do all that Monday.

Got a little experiment going on the power steering to header clearance. I have the return hose wrapped with "heat shield" tape. Where its closest to the header, I have a zip tie....the CHEAP kind. If it doesnt melt el cheapo, I know it will be fine. Only got about 50 miles on it so far with the zip tie so no data yet. Its cold here so its going to be hard to get a LOT of heat under the hood until the end of the week. I will report back on the power steering and plug wires but with only 50 miles, they are fine so far.

I am waiting on my support brackets for the turbo and then I can pour the coals to her and see what shes got. Joel get me those brackets!!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:12 AM
9 Second Club

Sound's good jerry.Tell joel to come on with it!!!can't wait to se it in person!!
Old 04-08-2007, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

sweet car man, looks like these headers and x-over will fit into my GN that Im looking to go 370 PT88 with.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cablebandit

I am waiting on my support brackets for the turbo and then I can pour the coals to her and see what shes got. Joel get me those brackets!!!!
I didn't know Joel was offering support brackets or is he making a one off set for you? Just wondering cause I asked him about a bracket in a pm and he never responded about it so I thought he wasn't interested in making one. I would have paid good money for one too. But now we are buying a welder to fix some of the fitment issues and I figure I will make my own bracket or get someone to make one for me using my welder.

CABLEBANDIT, how did your crossover pipe fit to your headers? If I clamp mine on the driver's side, the pass side hits on the inside of the flanges but I have a 1/8" gap towards the outside. No way to get the v-band on. Gonna have to cut the crossover, tweak it, tack it and have someone re-tig it. Also, did your DP fit right up to your turbo? Mine acts like the turbo outlet is a hair too big for the DP flange and I can almost get the v-band on it but not quite.

I will talk with Joel on tues and I am sure he would fix the stuff but that means boxing up at least the headers and crossover and sending them back and not knowing when I will get them back so I'm not sure what to do at this point. Just want to get the freakin thing running!!!

Everytime I think I am making some progress I run into another fitment issue.

Not trying to jack the thread, just wondering if I am the only one with fitment problems.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:21 PM
9 Second Club

My crossover fits perfect....no issues at all there. The wastegate was a bitch to get lined up but Joel said it was...it lines up....just made me work to get it lined up.

As far as the brackets, I'd ask Joel...if you have a t-4 or smaller turbo...he said they werent needed.

Turbo was 1350 shipped from a non sponsor.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:32 PM
9 Second Club

MonkeyBoneSS...here is a pic of the boot protectors you asked for

Old 04-08-2007, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSblack98
I didn't know Joel was offering support brackets or is he making a one off set for you? Just wondering cause I asked him about a bracket in a pm and he never responded about it so I thought he wasn't interested in making one. I would have paid good money for one too. But now we are buying a welder to fix some of the fitment issues and I figure I will make my own bracket or get someone to make one for me using my welder.

CABLEBANDIT, how did your crossover pipe fit to your headers? If I clamp mine on the driver's side, the pass side hits on the inside of the flanges but I have a 1/8" gap towards the outside. No way to get the v-band on. Gonna have to cut the crossover, tweak it, tack it and have someone re-tig it. Also, did your DP fit right up to your turbo? Mine acts like the turbo outlet is a hair too big for the DP flange and I can almost get the v-band on it but not quite.

I will talk with Joel on tues and I am sure he would fix the stuff but that means boxing up at least the headers and crossover and sending them back and not knowing when I will get them back so I'm not sure what to do at this point. Just want to get the freakin thing running!!!

Everytime I think I am making some progress I run into another fitment issue.

Not trying to jack the thread, just wondering if I am the only one with fitment problems.
this whole scenario sounds real familiar to me....... dont worry you are not alone
Old 04-08-2007, 10:07 PM
9 Second Club

i dont have them yet...was supposed to ship them last Monday but I aint got em yet
Dont wanna hit the track/dyno without them

Again, mine fits pretty darn good. maybe mine got built on a Friday
Old 04-08-2007, 10:21 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by cablebandit
Again, mine fits pretty darn good. maybe mine got built on a Friday
that would be a Wednesday Jerry...
Old 04-08-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Superado
that would be a Wednesday Jerry...
Right, friday's are for the GTO kits!!

Man, mine is on route and this just makes the wait seem twice as long. She looks ready to rock. Let me (us) know of any tweaks you might have to do so you dont melt anything, less work or me er... uh, i mean us.

anyways, awesome, just awesome!!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 08:04 AM
9 Second Club

Obzidian, is your motor completely together now? I would take off the alternator and power steering....makes everything much easier to access and install imho. do you have a custom radiator or using OFI? Call me and lets yak a few about it 770-231-6810 Jerry