Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Going FI, basic necessities?

Old 04-08-2007, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Going FI, basic necessities?

When the TT kits are available for F-body's I will be purchasing it. What are the basic necessities that I would need to run with that setup. Right now I have a mild H/C car (Stage II 241's, TR 224, Crane duals). What else will I need for the setup other than a fuel pump, injectors (which size?) and a tune in addition to the TT kit? My goals are 500 RWHP, thats all I really want right now (can I have that reliably with the stock bottom end??). What do you guys suggest? Like I said, I will be buying the kit when is available, but what I would like is a list of parts I will need in addition to run it safely and make the numbers I'm looking for. Thanks guys.

Last edited by 'Trust'; 04-08-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Injectors, pump, lines, return style fuel setup, tuning software, wideband, boost & fuel gauges, tires, good clutch.

And a large cash budget for all the **** you're gonna break.

FWIW, if you have a head/cam setup right now, you're going to be putting down quite a bit more power than 500rwhp even on minimal boost. If your engine is already in the mid 400rwhp range, adding some turbos is going to boost power in a dramatic way.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
Injectors, pump, lines, return style fuel setup, tuning software, wideband, boost & fuel gauges, tires, good clutch.

And a large cash budget for all the **** you're gonna break.

FWIW, if you have a head/cam setup right now, you're going to be putting down quite a bit more power than 500rwhp even on minimal boost. If your engine is already in the mid 400rwhp range, adding some turbos is going to boost power in a dramatic way.
Thanks! What lines and return style setup do you suggest?
Old 04-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

I agree with Mike. I have a supercharged ls1 with a cam and am putting down over 500 on 6lbs of boost so you breaking the 500 mark will be very easy on a turbo car. You will need a different clutch as well if you are still running the stock one, mine smoked almost instantly. Boost gauge as well, I have a triple gaue pod with a boost gauge and o2 gauge here in Edmond if your interested. The stock bottom end will take a pretty decent amount of abuse contrary to what all others may say, people run 8-9 lbs all day long on these motors and have no problems. How much boost do you plan on running? Whats the LSA on that cam 112?
Old 04-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Trust
Thanks! What lines and return style setup do you suggest?
Dude if your not going extreme injectors ( I am running 42lb SVO's ) and fuel pump will work just fine on the stock fuel rails and supply/return lines. If forgot to mention you will need to return oil out of the turbos back into the motor. I have turbo charged an few lt1's but not LS1 but from what I have read people are returning there oil in the inspection plate right above the oil filter? You may want to research that.

found this
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/672364-spot-oil-return-into-oil-pan.html

Last edited by L"SS"1; 04-08-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

L"SS"1, you live in Edmond? How much do you want for the pod/gauges? The car is an A4 with a built tranny so I'm not too worried about that, the bottom end is what I was concerned about at 500-550 RWHP. If it will handle it for awhile I'm fine, I'll build a forged 347 over the summer or something. It seems the Gen TT kit returns the oil to the valve covers, or I can opt to do it to the pan, I may do the latter. Where would I find more info on a 'return style fuel system' as I am unfamiliar with it. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

just noticed it was an auto What size stall are you running and do you know the specs on the turbos? Sorry to ***** it up but I am curious about this kit as well.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

3500, 2.5 STR. No problem, there is a thread a little below this one on the Gen TT kit, APS is also doing one, I'm looking at both. Any idea on pricing for the pod/gauges?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

I do live here in Edmond at 15th and boulevard. I decided to go back to school so I am also going to UCO as well for mechanical engineering. You may have seen a black SS with SSLS1 plates on it maybe? If you want the gauge pod and gauges I would take 50 bucks for it all, it will not fit my car anyways, its for a t-top car. As far as the fuel system goes your fine with just injectors and fuel pump. If you get a good tuner you should have nothing to worry about on that motor as long as you are boosting a modest amount.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:14 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds good, can you hold on to the pod/gauges for a couple days? I have the money, I'm just mowing over whether I want the TT kit or bigger H/C. What days are you at UCO? I'm there Tuesday/Thursday and my car is always out at the back of the parking lot by the water tower they just repainted. Usually by a Silver 05 GT and my friends red SS is there in the morning.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

I can hold on to it for you no problem, just let me know. I am there every day but I allways park in the south parking lot. I may have to swing around and check out the ride. Go with the turbo kit man trust me there will be no dissapointment. Hey man, do you ever cruise with any other f-bodys? We are taking a cruise out to Eischens in Okarche to grab some chicken not next weekend but the following you are more than welcome to cruise along if you like.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

return the oil to the valve covers man, it would be so much easier.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Hey Trust i plan on doing the same thing. right now i've got heads and cam 440 rwhp. i plan on buying the aps kit slapping it on my car as it sits with a nice fuel set up double 255lb walboro new lines and rails with a nice tune and probably some meth, and my car should see 600-650 rwhp 10psi on stock bottom end thats what i'm shooting for until i build a bottom end as well. The only other thing i heard we need with the aps kit is the BMR k-member which i planed on going with anyways. but anyways you will be able to make that power and more with a TT set up. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by L"SS&quot
I can hold on to it for you no problem, just let me know. I am there every day but I allways park in the south parking lot. I may have to swing around and check out the ride. Go with the turbo kit man trust me there will be no dissapointment. Hey man, do you ever cruise with any other f-bodys? We are taking a cruise out to Eischens in Okarche to grab some chicken not next weekend but the following you are more than welcome to cruise along if you like.
I hang around with some, mostly the OKGMP guys. Do you go with a club (COFBA, OKGMP?). I'm always up for Eischens, I'll have to check on that weekend though, I'm going to D.C. for a trip with the company I work for in a couple of weeks so I'll double check those dates. If you can hold the pod that'd be great! I can shoot you a PM tomorrow or something on it.

Originally Posted by nastysupaspt
Hey Trust i plan on doing the same thing. right now i've got heads and cam 440 rwhp. i plan on buying the aps kit slapping it on my car as it sits with a nice fuel set up double 255lb walboro new lines and rails with a nice tune and probably some meth, and my car should see 600-650 rwhp 10psi on stock bottom end thats what i'm shooting for until i build a bottom end as well. The only other thing i heard we need with the aps kit is the BMR k-member which i planed on going with anyways. but anyways you will be able to make that power and more with a TT set up. GOOD LUCK!!!
Yea, the K-member doesn't bother me at all. I know of a 30th TA that was running 630 RWHP with Vortech on a stock LS1 with an LS6 cam back a few years ago. Never really had a problem. How much are you setting aside for your fuel system?
Old 04-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

I can do that for ya man. I run around with cofba, never really met anybody from okgmp except Justin and he seems like a pretty good guy. Thought about maybe catching a okgmp meeting sometime but I stay so busy with school and work I dont have much time for two car groups. Anyways man, if your intersted here is a link to the cruise were takeing.

http://www.ws6zxr.com/showthread.php?t=37521

Hope you make it out!
Old 04-08-2007, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

i believe you can pick up a nice fuel system from ls1speed i wanna say between $1000 - 1500$ but that includes everything injectors, fuel rails, double 255lb walboro and lines. the system is good for 900-1000 hp
Old 04-08-2007, 04:59 PM
10 Second Club

^ Thats good to know. So with that fuel system, and either the Gen TT kit or APS, what else would be needed? (other than a tune)
Old 04-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

I know I keep sticking my nose in but you really need to ask yourself what your power goals and how much boost you really want to run before you can really awnser allot of these questions. If you are only boosting 6-8 lbs you can get away with buying only injectors and a 255 fuel pump. If you want 800-900 hp and boosting 15lbs then even larger injectors, double fuel pumps, larger supply line etc. You can build the heck out of the fuel system if you want, it will not hurt anything, it's only money and it will be there in the future and allows you room to build. I have boosted 8-9lbs on a stock fuel lines, 42LB svo's and a fuel regulartor on an lt1 turned up to 50 psi. Really just set a goal and build to that.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

My goal is really only 550 RWHP. I won't go more than that until I have the bottom end built up, and by the time I do that I will have graduated and money will become less of an issue. I want to build the car to make that power and thats really it, I think that would be awesome.

Search this Thread