Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

corvette twin turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im definately subscribing to this thread! I almost pulled the trigger and ordered this kit, but held back due to all the negative comments everybody said about this kit.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xtremejimmy
im definately subscribing to this thread! I almost pulled the trigger and ordered this kit, but held back due to all the negative comments everybody said about this kit.
be sure you buy from the right seller if you do.. DO NOT get it from turbokits4cheap123, he has zero sells, doesnt except paypal, just became a ebay member july 5th 07, and in one of his auctions he has a picture of a mustang kit claiming its a camaro kit... he also stole all the pics for all of his auctions from other sights including the camaro kit i just purchased.. so be careful of this seller here is his link
DO NOT BUY FROM http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQs...okits4cheap123 DO NOT BUY FROM

mods ^^^this is not a link to a sale, but a caution to other buyers who think this maybe the kit me and my neighbor got^^^ its not

my stuff should be here tomorrow (according to fedex), so ill post pics and send you a PM from where i purchased mine...(if you dont already know)
Old 07-09-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok.. he re-started doing the turbo install again and now that he's had um in once everything was a breeze

here you can see the headers wastegate and turbos back on and one valve cover off (he is painting valve covers and intake this week, and should have everything painted by this weekend)

here is the drivers side (valve cover still on)

here is the aluminum intercooler that comes with the kit

his fancy halltech radiator fluid resivior (discontinued but they had a few left instock a few weeks ago)

and here is a catch can for his powersteering fluid resivior

EDIT: all this is being done in a home garage with very basic hand tools that anybody who tinkers should have (a gear wrench is the most technical tool used on this install lol)

Last edited by presto_z; 07-09-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the intercoolers looks just like the PTS stuff! did you geet all the little bits and bobs in thsi kit??? stuff like relocation brakets and things??? they are supposed to come in the PTS kit.

also what is the turn around time?? i hear guys having to wait 6 months for PTS stuff!!

CHris.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

all the brackets came with it.. he did however have to cut his stock alternator bracket to make the drivers side header fit but i assume its the same with the ptk.. the catch cans did not come with the kit, but they are fairly cheap.. turn around time was roughly 4 days.. thats from date ordered, to sitting on his door step..

i ordered mine july 3rd at 10pm, didnt ship till the 5th (4th was a holiday), so fri. sat, (i dunno if fedex works sunday, but we will count it anyways) mon, and its supposed to be here today, i live about 3 hours from orlando and it departed there at 8pm lastnight, so it should deff be here today.. so mine was 5 days which is pretty quick
Old 07-10-2007, 06:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats an amazing turnaround time! they must have them pre made up then.

have you got any info on the suppliers? PM if needed.

Chris.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by presto_z
all the brackets came with it.. he did however have to cut his stock alternator bracket to make the drivers side header fit but i assume its the same with the ptk.. the catch cans did not come with the kit, but they are fairly cheap.. turn around time was roughly 4 days.. thats from date ordered, to sitting on his door step..

i ordered mine july 3rd at 10pm, didnt ship till the 5th (4th was a holiday), so fri. sat, (i dunno if fedex works sunday, but we will count it anyways) mon, and its supposed to be here today, i live about 3 hours from orlando and it departed there at 8pm lastnight, so it should deff be here today.. so mine was 5 days which is pretty quick
Have you ever thought about just reselling the supplied turbo on Ebay and buying a known good piece?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry no new pics of his install today, he just did some prep work for painting..

but if you want to see the camaro version of this kit come take a look and tell me what you think.. it just got it today https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/746837-project-turbo_z.html

Originally Posted by GrahamHill
Have you ever thought about just reselling the supplied turbo on Ebay and buying a known good piece?
he plans on running them..

i plan on having mine inspected prior to using, and if it is garbage i wont resell on ebay, that would be shitty if i did.. i would just keep it as garage art or make a lamp out of it or something lol
Old 07-11-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok here are a few pics of what he painted/is painting

here is just a plain shot of the intake, fuel rails, and valve covers

here is where it all should be

well gettin ready to lay down some apoxy primer so the paint and high build primer will grab

sprayin the intake

and the fuel rails and valve covers

here is his custom color he named "grab bag blue" the pictures don't due this color justice.. i need a good camera so you can actually how sweet this color really is

it is darker and deeper then shown here, but you get the idea

and the clear

sorry that this has turned into a painting thread lol, but it is all part of the install, and ill post pics of the intake and valve covers hopefully tomorrow when he paints them

ur comments are always welcome so tell me what ya think

here is just a random shot of the turbo with oil feed line attached a silicon 90* and coupling (i was just taking alot of pics lol)
Old 07-11-2007, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

looks alot better than i first thought it would after the first initial posts...very nice.

Chad
Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nimitz87
looks alot better than i first thought it would after the first initial posts...very nice.

Chad

as do a few other people who sent me PM's asking me about this kit..

should be a very nice setup when everything is complete.. hopefully within a week or so... it sucks when you only have a few hours a night to mess with it...

and when there are no instructions you kinda have to play everything by ear which always takes longer..
Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

paint is finally done (for now), the intake and valve covers are torch red and the fuel rails are "grab bag blue"

he spayed on some high build primer first and wetsanded the intake and valve covers(no pics since it was the same color as the apoxy primer, but that **** sprays on thick and is a pain to clean out of the mix cup)

the pictures look kinda orange, and that is because of my cheap camera.. they are actually torch red

and here is a shot of the fuel rails

the coil brackets are going to be matching blue, and he is also painting the coils (red i believe)

even though the colors are so different, i think they are going to look great together
Old 07-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

man, im so excited to see how this turns out for him. I ended up putting a forged 347 from TSP with ported/polished ls6 heads and MS4 cam. But this is definately still of interest to me. Im rooting for ya!
Old 07-14-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok well he has the intake, fuel rails,and valve covers back on the car and just painted his coil brackets..here are some pics for your enjoyment and please let me know what ya think..

but now for a more important question.. does anybody know where these go?? the kit is supposed to come with an alternator relocation bracket(s) but were not sure if they forgot to send it or if it is made up of these pieces

piece1

piece 2

and piece 3

some of the holes on piece 1 line up on the water pump, but we are not sure exactly what it does

piece 2 dunno and piece 3 is some sort of bushing or something

no instructions can be confusing lol

well any help would be great.. his install should be finished tomorrow (except fuel upgrades and gauges) and if the fuel parts come in, he should be getting a mike Norris tune on Friday or Saturday along with some numbers
Old 07-15-2007, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that red is too damn bright....sheeeesh you can't even make out the intake, barely.

I would have left the intake black and painted the valve covers a glossy black......
Old 07-15-2007, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mekkadon
that red is too damn bright....sheeeesh you can't even make out the intake, barely.

I would have left the intake black and painted the valve covers a glossy black......

its not really that bright, its my shitty *** camera.. the red is actually torch red, i can only take pics with my flash on, if i dont its blurry
Old 07-15-2007, 03:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like Superman threw his cape over the engine bay. j/k.

Very nice paint job, especially considering that he did it at home. Is that what he does/did for a living at some point? Did he use anything to extract the oils out of the intake manifold? A friend of mine painted his and it turned out great at first but then a couple of days later it started to bubble from the oils.

Keep up the good work on the Vette! It's coming along nicely and you guys are actually making good time considering that you are doing in your spare time. I thought with the paint that it would be another month before there was an update. Surprised the hell out of me.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

he used to paint alot i guess, but not to much anymore... this project is nearing completion, now he is just waiting on a few parts to finish it up so he can get a tune.. and still had to figure out the alternator bracket..
Old 07-15-2007, 10:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lookin good!
Old 07-15-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

today he tapped and ran all of his oil lines.. this thing should be finished really soon, there are only a handfull of things to finish up like running the intercooler piping, hooking up the catch cans, and a few more odds and ends befor he gets the tune...

he has a programmer for his old vortech system, that changes the tuning for the bigger injectors and for running boost (would he be able to use that to get the car to the shop for the tune? or will he need it trailered) it seems like it would work doesnt it??

Quick Reply: corvette twin turbo