Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Progressive Vortech install with Pics and Q's

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
The blower is loud! Man you could hear my car coming down the street, it was awesome. The best was pulling into car shows or cruise ins.

sounds like fuel level sensor to me regarding the fuel issue.

make sure the drain line is away from the crank pulley or you 'll puke oil everywhere when it cuts open.

Any other questions lemme know.

I think I have some other pulleys laying around if you are interested.

<Rides a Suzuki now.
Ha guess it's all good then. I actually ran it for about 10 mins and it started to sound better. It's a different noise than your used to hearing out of your engine bay.
I just took the pump back out and double checked everything....the swing arm was pinned to the bottom I think. When I started it up it was back to normal.
On the down side I still can't get the stupid water pump for the powercooler to work.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:59 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sworaz
Ha guess it's all good then. I actually ran it for about 10 mins and it started to sound better. It's a different noise than your used to hearing out of your engine bay.
I just took the pump back out and double checked everything....the swing arm was pinned to the bottom I think. When I started it up it was back to normal.
On the down side I still can't get the stupid water pump for the powercooler to work.
Take off the line off at the small resevor with the pump running and suck on the hose a couple of times you will hear the pump load up and you want to be quick ot place it back on the barbed fitting before you spray it every where LOL! I told you priming the pump on the first time can be difficult.
Jeff
Old 03-10-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Take off the line off at the small resevor with the pump running and suck on the hose a couple of times you will hear the pump load up and you want to be quick ot place it back on the barbed fitting before you spray it every where LOL! I told you priming the pump on the first time can be difficult.
Jeff
Sick sick man you are...or would that make me...

But anyways the info in this thread is definitely going to help me, post any and all problems you run into so I know whats coming.

Also did you get it tuned? because I am not getting the tuner that Vortech sends you so I may have to trailer it to a tuner before I run it with the new injectors.
From what I hear it wouldnt be wise to even drive the car with no tune after the injectors are put in.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CO99Z28Vert
Sick sick man you are...or would that make me...

But anyways the info in this thread is definitely going to help me, post any and all problems you run into so I know whats coming.

Also did you get it tuned? because I am not getting the tuner that Vortech sends you so I may have to trailer it to a tuner before I run it with the new injectors.
From what I hear it wouldnt be wise to even drive the car with no tune after the injectors are put in.
Wow, I can't believe you took it there lol. jk
I sent my computer to Speed Inc and they did a mail tune set up for the boost and injectors....next tuesday I will take it down to Speed for a dyno tune. Yeah, from my understanding it's a very very bad idea to run your blown car with out tuning. So you may have to do the trailoring idea.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:25 PM
12 Second Club

Jeff
Jeff do you mean the hose from the cooler to the small fill tank....or the line going from the large reservoir to the bottom of the small fill tank?
I ask because the pump pushes water from the small radiator to the powercooler, so it would be counter productive to be drawing on the wrong one.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Also during my ten mins of start time I noticed I have a good steady leak from the top of my radiator.....right in the place I dented it really deep trying to get the 2.75 pulley off. It doesn't pay to try and take short cuts and be lazy, I should have just took it out.
Is there anything else besides a new radiator that I will need or can I just re-use the lines etc?
Old 03-11-2008, 08:04 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Jeff do you mean the hose from the cooler to the small fill tank....or the line going from the large reservoir to the bottom of the small fill tank?
I ask because the pump pushes water from the small radiator to the powercooler, so it would be counter productive to be drawing on the wrong one.
Obviously I am talking about the return side to the small resivor that is right by the battery coming from the power cooler. You guys are sick although I saw that it could have gone there LOL!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:23 AM
12 Second Club

Obviously I am talking about the return side to the small resivor that is right by the battery coming from the power cooler. You guys are sick although I saw that it could have gone there LOL!
lol
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't pay to try and take short cuts and be lazy
Been there before, and I'll probably be there again...

Looking good on the project.

Jim
Old 03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DeltaT
Been there before, and I'll probably be there again...

Looking good on the project.

Jim
Thanks, can't wait for it to be completely done.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

Jeff
Still can't get it getting a little old. lol What else can I try? I think I'll re-check my wiring, I doubt that's it though...it's pretty straight forward.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:10 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Still can't get it getting a little old. lol What else can I try? I think I'll re-check my wiring, I doubt that's it though...it's pretty straight forward.
Is the pump turning the right way? pull off the hoses and check it.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Is the pump turning the right way? pull off the hoses and check it.
I'll have to look and see. I don't even hear it on at all...should you be able to hear it or feel it moving?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

I'll have to look and see. I don't even hear it on at all...should you be able to hear it or feel it moving?
Yeah it is very quiet, but not silent and yes you should be able to feel it. And don't anyone go and turn my words around again LOL! They are pretty easy to kill from what I understand, although I never had an issue with mine dying and I ran it dry several times by accident.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah it is very quiet, but not silent and yes you should be able to feel it. And don't anyone go and turn my words around again LOL! They are pretty easy to kill from what I understand, although I never had an issue with mine dying and I ran it dry several times by accident.
Huh, if that's the case then either the pump is dead or I don't have it wired right
Old 03-13-2008, 09:38 AM
10 Second Club

I didn't drill a hole into the couple going into the throttle body. If there's a hole I suspect the new owner of my car, put a nozzle for spray there before he took the kit off.. Get a new coupler for that, should be inexpensive. You can get black ones which would look tough.

Download the instructions from Vortech and check the wiring diagram. Are you sure your grounds are good?

Been real busy at work and stuff so sorry I haven't been able to be responsive.

Enjoying the hell out of riding my Suzuki though.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:51 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
I didn't drill a hole into the couple going into the throttle body. If there's a hole I suspect the new owner of my car, put a nozzle for spray there before he took the kit off.. Get a new coupler for that, should be inexpensive. You can get black ones which would look tough.

Download the instructions from Vortech and check the wiring diagram. Are you sure your grounds are good?

Been real busy at work and stuff so sorry I haven't been able to be responsive.

Enjoying the hell out of riding my Suzuki though.
Ha, what's the Suzuki...GSXR?
I ended up finding the issue with the pump, had the relay in wrong. After that it started right up and sprayed everywhere....including all over me
Yeah don't know the story with the coupler but I'll definitley look into those black ones.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 03-13-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can check the pump easy by disconnecting it and using a set of jumper cables to give it power and ground. Should feel it buzz with your hand.

Jim
Old 03-13-2008, 04:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DeltaT
You can check the pump easy by disconnecting it and using a set of jumper cables to give it power and ground. Should feel it buzz with your hand.

Jim
Thanks Jim, I actually got it working.

Quick Reply: Progressive Vortech install with Pics and Q's