Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

1dirtyZ V3.2 build (F2 procharger , 427, etc. )

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 04:35 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i got nothing done today

i didn't go to the garage so i'll be doing alot of stuff tomorow .
i did however talk to my tanny guy, who told me that the transmission oil pump i got was not going to work. he said that the plunger relife thingy was stuck and that the spring was too soft..... does that make sense? its a huges hi volume/pressure pump for a th-400. are they supposed to be like that or did i just get a defective one?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:30 PM
8 Second Club

i got something done today
i finished installing the torque arm on the car , took me about 20 min start to finish, which made me feel good cause the first time i did it - 5 years ago - it took me a whole afternoon , guess a lift makes all the difference
all i have to do now is set the pinion angle

didn't get a chance to check on the tranny , but it should be done by now, all it needed was to have the pump installed. no word on the CSI shield though

i called summit up today and was informed that the super pulley has arrived there and is due to be shipped out today
( off course i totaly forgot to ask about my tranny shield )
Old 08-10-2008, 02:00 AM
8 Second Club

wohooo! got the super pulley in yesterday, and its off to the machine shop today to have it narrowed, it should be done this afternoon.

i guess i should go back to working on the camaro now , i just have to tidy up the mess i made in the garage while working on the stang.

the transmission shield should be here in a couple of days i hope , and then i could bolt the trany back in !
Old 08-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

nice set up!!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 02:06 AM
8 Second Club

thanks man .

i got the pulley machined , and boy was it one tough little @#%$# !! i guess ATI wanted them REAL tough ! the machine shop had a hard time milling it down cause the material was hardened soo much !

any way , i got my pulley ! and its off to the garage i go
Old 08-13-2008, 04:00 AM
8 Second Club

Its F2 time!
Here’s the mandatory blower glamour shot:

and here is the pulley installed ( note to all who are thinking of installing this pulley on the f-body bracket: you need to use the small spacer ring that pushes the pulley/ cog out from the blower , or else the cog will touch the bracket and cause a big mess!! ) :

I thought I had room for the dinky little filter I got , but apparently not , guess I have to find me a cover for the intake hole. ( sorry but i couldn't find a better pic to show )

Another little snag I ran into was the blower brace; I was planning on running it from the oil pan to the top most mounting hole that is not used by the bracket. That worked fine with smaller serpentine pullies, but with the cog pulley being so big there would be no way to use that hole with the brace I had (I was planning on making the same brace you see here , but with a longer tube part on the end to clear the cog) :

But luckily the blower has several other mounting tabs on the body of the unit that are further out:

(the big ones by the drain bolt and the snail retainers)

I’ll be using one of those along with a longer tube section on the brace to make the brace assembly. I think its going to work out fine.

I also got my sexy looking CSR trans shield in yesterday

i also managed to stuff the tranny back in , just need to get new converter bolts since the old ones were getting mushed from all the times i took them on and off
and here is how a sexy CSR shield looks installed on a car

More misc. stuff done too; I relocated the trans temp sensor to the pan , installed the drive shaft, and finally managed to clean ( read : shuffle ) the mess I had laying on the floor of the garage. Sure feels good to walk around without the fear of slipping on oil

another thing i noticed while under the car is that the oil pan leak might not be from the oil pan gasket, it may be from the main cap external bolts . so i'll be taking one off to see if there was thread sealer or silicone used on them , if not then i'll be doing that.

i guess all i have to do now is bolt the converter, hook up cooler lines ,fill the tranny up with oil , check the side bolts and then i can fire her up !

next on the list :
- get cog belt
- set pinion angle
- fab blower brace
- upholster new seat and fab bracket for it
Old 08-23-2008, 02:36 AM
8 Second Club

so i finally get to start the thing
it fired right up with no issues thankfully .
i got a belt for it that was a bit longer than i would have liked ( it worked , but the tensioner was almost bottomed out) , so went and got a shorter belt, which didn't work. with my rotten luck the belt size i need falls between two sizes (1000 and 1040 ) and i need 1020 to be perfect . the solution : get a bigger cog pulley
another thing i noticed, there was a small leak from one of the transmission coolers , it has a cracked tube , so i have to replace that .

i also took the tranny out again last night, cause i have to take the engine out now . why you might ask???? well i think i just sold my long block! and you know what that means?? : its LSX time !!

i'm gathering quotes from a couple of places right now, and should be ordering one as soon as earliy next week hopefully!

wish me luck !
Old 08-23-2008, 02:45 AM
10 Second Club

wow man make a pulley set up like this for a d1 and then sell it to me!!!! very nice work man very nice work!!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:53 AM
8 Second Club

i (finally) took the plunge and went ahead and ordered my lsx shortblock from tsp . it should be here within a month i hope

also got the ball rolling on a set of etp heads , these could be here within 4 months
Old 09-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Banned

What was wrong with your lsx 427 engine? How many miles/passes? And who built it?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:21 AM
10 Second Club

nice man cant wait to see how this thing does!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 04:58 PM
8 Second Club

i got to take the seat to the upholsterer , and i just got it back ( should have the pic uploaded tomorow ). looks pretty cool if you ask me

the short block should be ready soon , i'm thinking in about 10 days it should be ready to ship. i also decided to go with a set of TFS 6 bolt heads done by TEA . should be placing the order anytime now, and they should be done in about 2 weeks .
Old 10-13-2008, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

wow man its great to watch a build like this!!! also if you dont mind how many CI will your LSX be?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ricky 427Ci I believe.

Sam Great work man and great choice with TSP LSX Those guys are the best I deal with them all the time.

Do you think the car will be ready with 6-BOLT and block in 1st round??? I sure hope so

After that you can turn the boost big time with huge F2

"""" cough'''''' Low 8s ''''''''cough"""""

Old 10-13-2008, 09:57 AM
10 Second Club

thanks man
Old 10-13-2008, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

all I can say is that biotch is gonna move!!

oh and clean that thing up, a clean car is a happy car!!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:47 PM
8 Second Club

thanks guys
it is a 427 . and to tell you the truth i'm in no hurry to get it . i'm not planning on competing this year , i'll probably attend later on with the car just to see how fast can i get it to run , but for now , i wave my hands full with azooz's mustang project, houston999's camaro , and tntaddict's camaro; i'm thinking i'll be crew cheif for the season
Old 10-13-2008, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Capown
all I can say is that biotch is gonna move!!

oh and clean that thing up, a clean car is a happy car!!

Sam told me years ago when I asked him why he doesn't wash his car...

"why? it's just going to get dirty again" lol
Old 10-13-2008, 06:06 PM
8 Second Club

looool, i still don't wash it
Old 10-13-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Oso SS
Sam told me years ago when I asked him why he doesn't wash his car...

"why? it's just going to get dirty again" lol

Tell me about it!!! The last time his Mustang launched in Bahrain drag racing championship, it pooped a pile of dirt and the two tail lights were left behind. The crowd laughed their azez out. I was like what was so funny?! Until I saw what he left close to the Xmass tree

Quick Reply: 1dirtyZ V3.2 build (F2 procharger , 427, etc. )