Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Anyone ever consider this idea for a fuel system?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone ever consider this idea for a fuel system?

Bosch or Walbro inline pump with its OWN feed from the tank. (Install another fuel feed line from the top cover of the tank: line goes in from the top and actually is positioned at the bottom of the tank) inline pump is hotwired and plugged into the stock fuel relay

Y-blocked into the stock Fuel feed line. (Both pumps are in parallel)

high flow fuel filter

AFPR installed after the fuel line "block" in between where the stock return line is now and the block. (Can remove the intank regulator or just set the AFPR pressure slightly higher than the intank reg)

That would be fairly cheap and easy to do and provide a lot of fuel flow. The rails and everything up front would look stock. (Aside from injectors if you needed to change them...

thoughts?

Chris
Old 09-24-2003, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Anyone ever consider this idea for a fuel system?

neat idea, but if you are going into the tank to remove the stock regulator.. why not just put the 2nd pump in there while its open?
Old 09-24-2003, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Chris,

What the heck do you have up your sleeve? First blowers now fuel systems Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, seems to me like you're playing mad scientist again

Paul
Old 09-25-2003, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

hehe just tossing thoughts around my head
Old 09-25-2003, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

what are you going to do to keep the pressure from fighting the other pump? i've tossed this around, but it wouldnt work unless you made some kind of check valve for the factory line.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

what do you mean pressure fighting the other pump?

chris do you think the inline pump would have a problem sucking fuel up from the tank all on its own.. the inline is designed as a pusher not a puller right?

i installed my second walbro pump in tank for the 100 for the pump (gss340intanks) and about 10 bux in fuel injection hose, clamps and a brass 3/8 tee and barbed fittings. then add a $7 relay and some wire found in the shed and you are all done.

using the 9 second CE as a benchmark, if you are going to need 2 pumps you will be above the hp level that (i'd say) the stock lines can provide...mo money.

that being said, i would have been completely fine staying stock lines/rails/single pump with the output of the last turbo kit.. so i wasted money on the fuel system i built.. but in th elong run its a good thing i added the pump/rails/lines/etc. because i will be giving it some exercise soon enough
Old 09-26-2003, 08:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

If I go back to the FI route I am going all out with the fuel system.

Ideally I would like to sump the tank but I have heard I can't run a rear exit exhaust with a sumped setup.

I'd like to be able to run the following:

Sumped tank
Aeromotive 1000hp inline pump with custom rubber mounts (noise/vibration damping) Hotwired
Aeromotive high flow filter
Braided line send and return (10-12an)
Custom rails with send line branching from Y-block to each side of the rails (from the back)
Cross over on the front of the rails with regulator on the drivers side rail going into AFPR and then return line back to the return on the tank. (Or a Y-block off the other side as well)
50# injectors

That would support a lot of power and I'd never have to worry about the fuel system again

Old 09-26-2003, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

exactly, although -12 is absolutely HUGE
Old 09-30-2003, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

its been done with success. I know of one mustang racer who's best is 8.90s @ 160 with a intank walbro and a weldon 2015 inline

also ASSC used to use a system like that except instead of y-ing the lines together they used another separate feed line and plumbed it before it hit the regulator. I know of a car that went 9.60s with a setup like that. Twin bosch pumps.