Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

New Aeromotive 340 in tank pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How would this pump compare to my Bosch 044 thats mounted in my tank? I think I'm going to be barely pushing the limit of that 044+meth and would rather have a little more pump without running a dual setup. I'm trying to find #s on that bosch pump flowing at 60psi to compare to yours. Also, hows the reliability compared to the 044?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
Is there such a thing as "over pumping" a car? what I mean is, can this be used for a simple h/c swap pushing around 500-550bhp with 58psi fpr?
I'm still on my stock fuel system, but upgrading injectors soon. Doing some homework for now.

TIA and Sorry for the jack.

Anyone? Can this pump be used for a simple h/c/i + bolts ons car?
Old 12-26-2010, 10:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
Anyone? Can this pump be used for a simple h/c/i + bolts ons car?
I'm sure it can be.... but it may not be designed for the application.

What you need to be sure of is that you get a pump with the factory style venturi design so it works properly. I'm not sure this will be an option with this pump. If so great...

The issue that most are missing here is if you do not need a pump this big, why worry about it. Remember pumps do not make ANY horse power, they only support what the engine is capable of. Your 550bhp is not an issue with any good 255 pump.

For reference, the stock pump in an LS1 f-body will typically support 500 crank HP. I've seen many stock ProCharged cars (which are rated at 540 crank) with a stock pump. But I've also seen many need a pump upgrade.

I'm still waiting to get my hands on one of these new 340's to test it out & see if they live up to all the hype.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I know the Walbros are popular 255s but what else is available?
Old 12-27-2010, 07:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Apologize for the oversite in advance but what kind of ponies with this pump support? Looking for a one pump solution to support my 800+ build (N/A) and still have some reservations on a dual pump set-up.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:47 AM
FormerVendor

No one has used one to know its exact limits, from numbers I would say about 750 rwhp NA. If you do not like the tested and proven dual pump system Then you need a big single pump. We have several systems to suit anyones needs including complete intank single pump setup for well over 1500 rwhp. Give me a call I will help you spec a proper system for your needs.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gectek
Do you drive honestly drive anything else besides a search engine? Now go a taddle about how aero isnt as good as your off brand pump that you are trying to pimp because you cannot get as good a price on it.

Honestly with the products you try to push, I am surprised your arms are not ginormous from all the nut hugging you do.

Gee, I wonder who that was?

On topic, the pump looks like it will work amazingly. Now the F body guys have some sort of equivalence to the new drop in C6 pumps that you came out with not too long ago!
i said should list for 150. I never said retail. hell Mcleod street twin disk retails for 1300 but no one sell it for over a grand. LIST PRICE

i push what works. sorry for me giving self learned info on a TECH site.

i have never ONCE said the DW300 is better or worst then the Aero. and same i have never said the Aero is better or worst then DW300. i want to know which is the best. i get a price break on both of them. MY (dealer ) cost is with in a few dollars of each other. so if idont need the aero i will get the DW300. but if the Aero is just that much better then i will get it. Simple.

i had a phone conversation with a well known sponsor on this site(name not said) and he stated that he is wondering if the top for the Aero(and DW300) is made out of states. Walbor owns a lot of patens on there **** and the top of both Units look just like the walbor.

Time will tell but From now on when you get ready to ride my *** about what i push. READ ALL MY POST TO GET FACTS STRAIGHT
Old 12-30-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Veteran

subscribed for updates as they come, would def like other twin intank options for us E85 guys.

almost seems like these will support on E85 Turbo, what a pair of walbro will support on Gas turbo car.

Also, do these NEED a controller, or can we run them like we always have, straight to the rails with a reg??
Old 12-31-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Still not as good as the 044s in the higher psi range
Old 12-31-2010, 01:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
i said should list for 150. I never said retail. hell Mcleod street twin disk retails for 1300 but no one sell it for over a grand. LIST PRICE

i push what works. sorry for me giving self learned info on a TECH site.

i have never ONCE said the DW300 is better or worst then the Aero. and same i have never said the Aero is better or worst then DW300. i want to know which is the best. i get a price break on both of them. MY (dealer ) cost is with in a few dollars of each other. so if idont need the aero i will get the DW300. but if the Aero is just that much better then i will get it. Simple.

i had a phone conversation with a well known sponsor on this site(name not said) and he stated that he is wondering if the top for the Aero(and DW300) is made out of states. Walbor owns a lot of patens on there **** and the top of both Units look just like the walbor.

Time will tell but From now on when you get ready to ride my *** about what i push. READ ALL MY POST TO GET FACTS STRAIGHT
If you want to make a business out of stuff like this, please do like the rest of us and pay for a sponsorship.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:49 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beast
Still not as good as the 044s in the higher psi range
Define the higher range. As in over xx PSI. I think these pumps look really promising and the size is an added bonus as well. The price should be the near the same or better.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Subscribed
Old 01-02-2011, 12:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Anything above 60psi

Old 01-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Why would you want to run the car at 90 psi of fuel pressure anyway... from all the flow data that's been presented here, it would seem to me that running between 45 to 60 would be rmoe then adequate, unless you're trying to make up for a lack of injector flow with added pressure (which means you need a bigger injector)

If' I'm missing something please fill me in.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gud info.
Sbscrb.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Why would you want to run the car at 90 psi of fuel pressure anyway... from all the flow data that's been presented here, it would seem to me that running between 45 to 60 would be rmoe then adequate, unless you're trying to make up for a lack of injector flow with added pressure (which means you need a bigger injector)

If' I'm missing something please fill me in.
You are absolutely correct. No need for extreme pressures unless you are trying to cover up another flaw in your fuel system. There are enough injector options out there to size things properly without playing fuel pressure games.

I run N/A cars at 58 & on forced induction I try to work backwards from the max boost referenced pressure to determine my base pressure. I typically try to design for a max of 65psi at peak boost if possible. This means a car with 20# boost would start at 43.5 base pressure. On cars with very high boost we have lowered base pressure even further with good results. The only vehicles with pressure limitations are ones with venuri transfer pumps that need a minimum pressure to operate (C5 & C6 Vette, G8, CTS & 5th gen Camaro) These need the higher 58# base pressures.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the info!! Subcribed
Old 01-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PokeyGTO
Thanks for all the info!! Subcribed
+1 i may be looking into this
Old 01-03-2011, 08:29 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
The only vehicles with pressure limitations are ones with venuri transfer pumps that need a minimum pressure to operate (C5 & C6 Vette, G8, CTS & 5th gen Camaro) These need the higher 58# base pressures.
So, based on this, what PSI would you use for a G8 during boost?
Old 01-04-2011, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wreckwriter
So, based on this, what PSI would you use for a G8 during boost?
Well, you'd have a base pressure of 58 psi then you would work up from there.

Base Pressure (58 psi) + Boost Pressure = Fuel Pressure During Boost

Quick Reply: New Aeromotive 340 in tank pump