Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 04:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.moserengineering.com/Page...arranties.html

225-343-9029
Old 07-31-2008, 06:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Broke EF
Well that's just retarded. You have a car that makes a lot of horsepower, and is raced on a consistent basis, and you want free replacement parts (never mind that you want UPGRADED parts) when they break. I want what your smoking.

Sean
Not to jump on the bandwagon, but if someone gives a builder their goals and the info on their car and the power they are making and the builder recommends certain components for their build and they fail, then it shouldn't be customer who should have to suffer. The build was spec'd wrong and they should cover it but the customer should pay the difference for upgraded parts if they opt for them. I think that is what he is getting at.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by blackfang
Not to jump on the bandwagon, but if someone gives a builder their goals and the info on their car and the power they are making and the builder recommends certain components for their build and they fail, then it shouldn't be customer who should have to suffer. The build was spec'd wrong and they should cover it but the customer should pay the difference for upgraded parts if they opt for them. I think that is what he is getting at.
If parts are used for drag racing, no builder is going to fix your car for free when you break it. It's great that moser is even willing to give you a upgraded axle for free if you break yours.

Example:On a engine a few years ago, I had a well know builder put together a short block and he suggested a certain rod to use. He knew the power goals of the car and what I was looking to do with the motor. Well, one rod ended up snapping in half. Everything else looked great and the builder even agreed that it looked like the rod just could not hold up to the power. By your theory, the engine builder should have built me a new short block for free if I provided the cost difference to go with a different rod. Of course that's not how it worked though.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 69vette
If parts are used for drag racing, no builder is going to fix your car for free when you break it. It's great that moser is even willing to give you a upgraded axle for free if you break yours.

Example:On a engine a few years ago, I had a well know builder put together a short block and he suggested a certain rod to use. He knew the power goals of the car and what I was looking to do with the motor. Well, one rod ended up snapping in half. Everything else looked great and the builder even agreed that it looked like the rod just could not hold up to the power. By your theory, the engine builder should have built me a new short block for free if I provided the cost difference to go with a different rod. Of course that's not how it worked though.
I understand your point Dustin.

I would think they would work with the customer if they spec'd out the wrong set up and it did not hold the power. There are shops that do that to retain their customers and to not do that would definitely sending your competitor money and your customer. Especially if they have spend some money with you in the past. I guess there is a lot of factors that would weight that.

Not in the LSx community, but I heard of a Mustang shop that build a new motor, the motor failed within a short time of it being driven, and at no fault of the customer nor the builder. He still built him a new one free of charge.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:06 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by blackfang
I understand your point Dustin.

I would think they would work with the customer if they spec'd out the wrong set up and it did not hold the power. There are shops that do that to retain their customers and to not do that would definitely sending your competitor money and your customer. Especially if they have spend some money with you in the past. I guess there is a lot of factors that would weight that.

Not in the LSx community, but I heard of a Mustang shop that build a new motor, the motor failed within a short time of it being driven, and at no fault of the customer nor the builder. He still built him a new one free of charge.
I understand your point also but working with a customer and providing a free repair are two different things. At the end of the day, who had the final word on which part(an axle in this case) they wanted? As a customer buying a part, you have the opportunity to ask questions and ask multiple people's opinion to come to your own conclusion. If you choose to ask one person and rely on their knowledge then so be it. Hopefully they are correct and everything works out for you.

And FWIW, if you(David) snap the gun drilled 35 then just put a solid 35 in there. They hold up fine in my car so yours should have no problem with them.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i dont think that is a fair comparison. if my axles were your rods, i would only expect to return the original rods on exchange for appropriate ones i asked for originally, and pay the difference if there is any.

expecting a complete rebuild would be a bit much, for example if the axle breaking jacked the fender of my car up... as hot as i would be about that, i would not ask that be repaired in addition to the axle replacement

[QUOTE=69vette;9839555]QUOTE]

I cant remember if my axles are from strange or moser
Old 07-31-2008, 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

Speaking of differentials and driveshafts, my damn pinion seal is leaking.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:55 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
i dont think that is a fair comparison. if my axles were your rods, i would only expect to return the original rods on exchange for appropriate ones i asked for originally, and pay the difference if there is any.

expecting a complete rebuild would be a bit much, for example if the axle breaking jacked the fender of my car up... as hot as i would be about that, i would not ask that be repaired in addition to the axle replacement

I cant remember if my axles are from strange or moser
Yeah thats how it should work. Moser doesn't make you pay to upgrade to 40s if you snap your 35s so hopefully you have Moser axles From the below post, I thought you meant that you should recieve a entire 40 spline set up on exchange if you broke the 35 spline set up. I can see getting axles if you broke them, as that is Moser's policy but not an entire set up for the new spline count.

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
if i break an axle on the track, let alone on the street i will be super DUPER pissed.

If there is a chance of that I will just have to leave my mailbox open to a 40 spline set up on exchange from midwest.

EDIT: Here is Strange Engineering's axle policy for you:
Axle Replacement Guarantee
S/T Series (induction hardened 35-spline) and S/S (induction hardened 33-
spline) axles are guaranteed against spline breakage to the original owner
for a period of three years. Strange Pro Race Axles (thru-hardened) with
33, 35 (excluding gun-drilled) or 40-splines are guaranteed against spline
breakage to the original owner for a period of five years. This replacement
policy shall not apply to any product which has been repaired or altered in
anyway so as in our judgement affects its performance; nor which has
been subject to misuse, abuse, negligence or any other occurrence beyond
the control of Strange Engineering. The replacement policy is effective
from the invoice shipping date. In no way does Strange Engineering
accept responsibility or liability beyond repair or replacement.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

MM= Moser axles. i do not warranty anything i do not manufacture. i warranty only what i manufacture. this is the same thing for all customers. i did not assemble the rearend you have, never have seen or put my hands on that set of axles. the axles you have is plenty for the power you make as well as the way it is applied to the ground(turbo/auto/1.4-1.5 60'/3500#--- info i have from your build specs). the street driven spool would be the only concern from the manufacturer, i would assume. if my Procharger street car will 60 foot in the 1.3's at 3850 pounds on 31 spline axles, your setup should surely be fine.

as a direct dealer, i do whatever i can within reason to help out and get the customer taken care of, but the manufacturer's warranty is what the deal is. i state this to all customers who inquire about warranty. this is the same for all other components as well.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

pm sent
Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Well I feel a lot better now than I did when it first came up. So we shouldn't have to beat the horse any more.

All that out of the way, IF there is some problem I will come to you for a resolution. We have actually all ready talked about this concerning the incorrect flanging on Mosers fault. I bought the axles from you, and spec'd by you, not them. We can both plan the best case scenario unfolds that whatever problem would be covered by them.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone cares, if you do the math from moser. there 35 spline axle should be good for 1638 ft lbs of torque to each wheel. they say each axle should be able to take the full amount of torque the motor could possible produce.

That would also mean IF MM is making near 2,000 hp he should of gotten the 40 spline axles.

Chris
Old 07-31-2008, 08:16 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sideways240sx
If anyone cares, if you do the math from moser. there 35 spline axle should be good for 1638 ft lbs of torque to each wheel. they say each axle should be able to take the full amount of torque the motor could possible produce.

That would also mean IF MM is making near 2,000 hp he should of gotten the 40 spline axles.

Chris

1638 was in a glide with a 3.5 gear.

1088 in a t56 with a 3.5 gear

Chris
Old 07-31-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways240sx View Post

Chris

1638 was in a glide with a 3.5 gear.

1088 in a t56 with a 3.5 gear

Chris
At least we're not getting into the nitty gritty, LoL.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ssvert99
if my Procharger street car will 60 foot in the 1.3's at 3850 pounds on 31 spline axles, your setup should surely be fine.
That's impressive, and makes me feel that much better about what I'm getting.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:18 PM
9 Second Club

I am not worried at all of my rear breaking.(trans will probably break) Its slicked up and ready to go. Just need to drain, and refill, check everything make sure it all is tight, and go to the track.

Chris
Old 08-01-2008, 05:26 AM
12 Second Club

Hey guys, just wondering how much power and abuse you think a 31 spline limited slip with a 4.10 can handle? Thats what I have on order and I know its fine for the power I have now just wondering. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-02-2008, 05:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Well I can vouche that Sideways240's set up can handle 5k launches with a 6 speed

Sean
Old 08-02-2008, 07:18 PM
9 Second Club

Sure did. It took the abuse, drove home no issue. Car dead hooks from 4,000 rpm clutch dumps on a 275 40 17 et street radial. The rear is amazing. The turbo was bogging out of the whole, and da was 2800+ but we did ok.

Vid.

http://www.fquick.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=6756

Chris
Old 08-02-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Finally, a vid
That track looks drastically downhill???

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics