Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

People who use a stolen credit card to buy rear-ends!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok well the guy denied my friend request on myspace.....so something is a little fishy there
Old 08-26-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

i actually tried goin on his page again to request being a friend and he deleted his myspace entirely!
Old 08-26-2008, 02:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes we also were gotten by Mullins 2625 it came through our website we did ship to the address he listed unfortunately there is no AVS"address verification" done by American card processors on foreign orders, So basically anyone with the card number and the expiration date can order under any name with any address and it will pass through.Unfortunately for our customers we will now only accept wire transfer of foreign orders.
I am not worried though I beleave in KARMA and he will get whats coming to him one way or the other. Bad part is when stuff like this happens to any of us we really have no choice but to pass the cost to our customers in the short run it hurts us and in the long run all of our customers are paying for this guys stuff
Frank

Call 888-744-6542

Old 08-26-2008, 04:45 PM
FormerVendor

Free crowbars to visitors

Dont worry, were not done digging on this guy.

We need a PI or a Bounty hunter lol
Old 08-27-2008, 05:07 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Hey Bob, I think a friend of a friend is a Mountie....I'll see what he suggests or if he can help at all.
That's great! Please let me know, thanks! Bob
Old 08-27-2008, 06:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Jake@EPP
Free crowbars to visitors

Dont worry, were not done digging on this guy.

We need a PI or a Bounty hunter lol
You should PM 1987firechicken. He is the guy who helped Noyzee find out all the info about the guy, Rowin Gearz, who appeared to be scamming him out of a little $$. If he can find out where this guy lived and all his personal info, I dont see why he can't help you guys out.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/racer-s-lounge/966615-rowin-gearz-beware.html
Old 08-27-2008, 08:27 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
You should PM 1987firechicken. He is the guy who helped Noyzee find out all the info about the guy, Rowin Gearz, who appeared to be scamming him out of a little $$. If he can find out where this guy lived and all his personal info, I dont see why he can't help you guys out.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966615
Will do, thanks! Bob
Old 08-27-2008, 08:28 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LS184
i actually tried goin on his page again to request being a friend and he deleted his myspace entirely!
Thanks, we noticed the same thing. Bob
Old 08-27-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This is a little strange here on of the shipping addresses is to a business called DC Ducks.

D C Ducks
(202) 636-4200
901 Evarts St NE
Washington, DC 20018

http://www.localsearch.com/insp.byca...9245/Relevance

As usual the map to the street address it was shipped to:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...num=1&ct=title

If good ole Earl works there they may be interested in the cops showing up to arrest him for credit card fraud. I would think they would at least know how to get ahold of him since it was shipped there. May want to call that number and see what is up. Also I may have found Earls 88 year old mother if I have the correct one. If I can nail down which one is his if you shell out some money (not to me) you can get a full history for the guy including all relatives and arrest history. Normally people who commit fraud have a history of other **** they have done. Gotta get a little sleep here I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Last edited by 1987firechicken; 08-27-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:56 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 1987firechicken
This is a little strange here on of the shipping addresses is to a business called DC Ducks.

D C Ducks
(202) 636-4200
901 Evarts St NE
Washington, DC 20018

http://www.localsearch.com/insp.byca...9245/Relevance

As usual the map to the street address it was shipped to:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...num=1&ct=title

If good ole Earl works there they may be interested in the cops showing up to arrest him for credit card fraud. I would think they would at least know how to get ahold of him since it was shipped there. May want to call that number and see what is up. Also I may have found Earls 88 year old mother if I have the correct one. If I can nail down which one is his if you shell out some money (not to me) you can get a full history for the guy including all relatives and arrest history. Normally people who commit fraud have a history of other **** they have done. Gotta get a little sleep here I'll look into it when I get a chance.
Thanks, I appreciate it. We contacted that place where he works a month ago, and gave the cops all the information. He is a mechanic there, and we called back today and he still works there. We also called the detective back today who is working the case and we asked him if we should go ahead and file a lawsuit. We're going to check with our attorney to see if we can include the place where he works at, since it was delivered there. He said he would get back to us by tomorrow at five.

Any information you can find out about his relatives would be much appreciated! Thanks! Bob
Old 08-29-2008, 02:59 AM
12 Second Club

Man that sucks!
We have never had that problem yet, and I hope we never will! I sell Kite Surf Equipment.

When i got home last time from CA my bank sent me a cryptical mail, where they told me to call them. When i Called them up they told me to go to the bank with draw some money, and after that they erased my card and sent me a new one.
All that because they had got som information from VISA that several customers at a resturant in CA had gotten ther money stolen from their cards.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:49 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by The Crazy Sweed
Man that sucks!
We have never had that problem yet, and I hope we never will! I sell Kite Surf Equipment.

When i got home last time from CA my bank sent me a cryptical mail, where they told me to call them. When i Called them up they told me to go to the bank with draw some money, and after that they erased my card and sent me a new one.
All that because they had got som information from VISA that several customers at a resturant in CA had gotten ther money stolen from their cards.
It is really becoming a problem. More people are getting ripped off these days then they use to when you had to get robbed of your cash! Bob
Old 08-29-2008, 07:25 AM
10 Second Club

Bob,

The guy I know in the Mounties said you'd have to file a claim with them for them to get involved. Here is a link & a phone # to get you started if you want to go that direction.

"not sure...best bet would be to call the Burnaby office since this is where the guy is

Mark, number for Burnaby, BC RCMP is....604.294.7922"

http://www.city.burnaby.bc.ca/cityha...lcsf_rcmp.html

Let me know if you need any leg work done that you think I could help with.

Mark
Old 08-29-2008, 08:15 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Bob,

The guy I know in the Mounties said you'd have to file a claim with them for them to get involved. Here is a link & a phone # to get you started if you want to go that direction.

"not sure...best bet would be to call the Burnaby office since this is where the guy is

Mark, number for Burnaby, BC RCMP is....604.294.7922"

http://www.city.burnaby.bc.ca/cityha...lcsf_rcmp.html

Let me know if you need any leg work done that you think I could help with.

Mark
Thanks Mark, we found that same number several weeks ago and we have a detective from there looking into it. I just hope we get somewhere with this, we pass on every new bit of information someone gives us. Thanks again! Bob
Old 08-29-2008, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

Road trip......:d ark:
Old 08-29-2008, 09:13 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SS1875
Road trip......:d ark:
No doubt Darren, I checked, it's 35 hours to drive up there. Of course, thats at the speed limit... Bob
Old 08-30-2008, 10:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Thanks Mark, we found that same number several weeks ago and we have a detective from there looking into it. I just hope we get somewhere with this, we pass on every new bit of information someone gives us. Thanks again! Bob
So did you file a claim? Give me the number & I'll pass it on to my friend.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:22 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

So did you file a claim? Give me the number & I'll pass it on to my friend.
Yes we did, I'll get it from Diane Tuesday. I decided to let everyone have Monday off, out of the kindness of my heart... lol Bob
Old 08-30-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn.. That really sucks!!! I hope they catch the dumb bastards.. And they get arrested and have to pay you guys all the money they stole back.

I dont know how those dumb ***** can live with themselves.. How can they justify stealing from other people like that? What a bunch of low life pieces of trash.

Karma is a bitch too... ( ***Waits for someone to say.. "Whos Karma?"*** )

Best of luck with the whole situation!

- Mike
Old 08-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Launching!

I'm up for a road trip!!! I say we douse him with cow in heat moose **** and tie him to a maple tree!

Quick Reply: People who use a stolen credit card to buy rear-ends!