Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It seems the 2011 Mustang Gt's performance was "Inflated" vs 2010 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rayhawk
My guess is the new 5.0 is going to bring a lot of those same people into the Mustang world, with memories of Vanilla Ice... HAHAHA Word to your mother...
Agreed. The 5.0 hype will no doubt cause people that normally wouldn't buy a Mustang, to buy one. You'll also see a lot of them wrecked because these same people are used to FWD cars with 160hp tops.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FOG52
At least I can see out of it.

Fast pigs > Slow pigs
I can see fine, no reason to look behind me to see those ugly mustangs.

Anything is possible with money though, you might even be able to make that pig of yours pretty.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dark SS
Heh... Are ya just sayin' that as long as you don't try to see what's behind you, the view is good(which is prolly accurate) or that since the Mustang will be beside or ahead of you, you'll not be looking back for it? Or both?

Hehehehe... They both look great to me. I can't see an "ugly" argument.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Agreed. The 5.0 hype will no doubt cause people that normally wouldn't buy a Mustang, to buy one.
This may be the case, just as it was with the new Camaro, and that was surely a goal for Ford(since the '05 model) as it is GM in the 2010.
You'll also see a lot of them wrecked because these same people are used to FWD cars with 160hp tops.
This isn't likely. We're talking about 40yr old people here. Not only that, the average FWD sedan those folks may be driving today has over 250hp... Well, over 200...

Hey... I don't make OR drive 'em, but the V6 Camry and Altima and Maxima and Accord are all around about 265 and most V6 GM and Ford products anymore, have over 200. Besides, it's TORQUE that'll do 'em in on the take off. But not the "old folks" we're talking about.

PS... Did you get that buzzard from a radio station? It totally resembles one I used to see in Cleveland Ohio.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

Yes, it's Cleveland's Buzzard. I used to live near there.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Anything is possible with money though, you might even be able to make that pig of yours pretty.
If you are looking behind you are looking the wrong direction.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:11 PM
11 Second Club

Evolution Performance, Inc. First Pass - 10.58 @ 127mph - 1.43 60ft

I believe they switched from Radials to Slicks, pretty tough drivetrain to cut 1.4 second 60's!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Yes, it's Cleveland's Buzzard. I used to live near there.
Yeah... WMMS 100.7 "The BUZZARD" Rock-n-Roll. It was a big thing at one point.

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
Evolution Performance, Inc. First Pass - 10.58 @ 127mph - 1.43 60ft

I believe they switched from Radials to Slicks, pretty tough drivetrain to cut 1.4 second 60's!
I'm thinking I saw a pick with pure slicks on the car... Maybe I'm remembering JPC's instead...

Well, whatever... They're haulin' *****. Soon, we'll find the weak point in this new Mustang GT. On the other hand, mid 10's and 1.4 shorts doesn't really make a case for weakness... Credit is due the new car.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FOG52
If you are looking behind you are looking the wrong direction.
No no, I won't be in the mustang. You must be confused. I will be in the better looking faster car with the bowtie.

Look, I give ford credit on finally putting a good motor in their halo car. I am skeptic and want to see how the car does in the hands of normal owners. 1.4 60' is awesome and that going to be the Camaro's down fall with the IRS at the track. 1.6 is about the best I've seen. Nitrous is not a good way to judge a car IMO. Sure a shop will spray the hell out of their car but will an average guy really throw a ton of N2O at his new car. We'll see what happens when these cars start getting to the local test and tunes. And yes, I'm a fan boy. Everyone is to some extent. If all you guys weren't fanboy's then you wouldn't be on LS1tech talking ****. I will always look for the downfalls and short comings of the mustang. If I didn't me and my friends wouldn't be able to give each other **** at the track.

Last edited by Dark SS; 05-24-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

No no, I won't be in the mustang. You must be confused. I will be in the better looking faster car with the bowtie.

Look, I give ford credit on finally putting a good motor in their halo car. I am skeptic and want to see how the car does in the hands of normal owners. 1.4 60' is awesome and that going to be the Camaro's down fall with the IRS at the track. 1.6 is about the best I've seen. Nitrous is not a good way to judge a car IMO. Sure a shop will spray the hell out of their car but will an average guy really throw a ton of N2O at his new car. We'll see what happens when these cars start getting to the local test and tunes. And yes, I'm a fan boy. Everyone is to some extent. If all you guys weren't fanboy's then you wouldn't be on LS1tech talking ****. I will always look for the downfalls and short comings of the mustang. If I didn't me and my friends wouldn't be able to give each other **** at the track.
I don't know where you were or what, if anything, you were driving when the 98 F-body hit the streets, but I can assure you that MANY owners found the limitation of their 10 bolt via NITROUS OXIDE! I knew guys running over 200hp shots in their 98-02 F-bodies back then. And I remember many of us saying, "THIS THING LOVES NITROUS!" and similar comments on a regular basis. The 1st several LS1 Camaros I saw run 11's were using nitrous and very few other modifications were available for much of that time. Indeed, people often complained that this or that mod wasn't available yet... LS1 edit was like the biggest deal around and many of my friends were unhappy they couldn't use more boost due to high compression. One friend ordered a 10th Ann Firehawk and added the then new inter-cooled pro-charger system... He was stuck at 5-6 psi boost for what he called "forever" because he had no edit available... What I'm getting at is that, yes indeed, many new owners will slap that N2O system on and ROLL... I call it a little crazy, but it certainly isn't unheard of, or even uncommon.

When the new SS came out, one of the 1st things I said was that I expected it to really respond to nitrous. One thing's for sure. Nitrous is a great "test" because if there's an honest weakness, you'll find it with nitrous!
Old 05-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Launching!

Default Nieve Camaro owners

Im for the general all the way but Ford has really stepped it up. Just went to the book store and MMFF just did a review on the 11 stang, Let me tell you that thing is MEAN on stock tires it went like 12.6 @112 and when they put on some 275dr it went like 12.1,12.2 @111-112 it even lifted the drivers side tire. So all you SS owners thinkin its a driver's race the only thing you'll be looking at is the tail lights of the stang sorry.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Black1997T/A
Im for the general all the way but Ford has really stepped it up. Just went to the book store and MMFF just did a review on the 11 stang, Let me tell you that thing is MEAN on stock tires it went like 12.6 @112 and when they put on some 275dr it went like 12.1,12.2 @111-112 it even lifted the drivers side tire. So all you SS owners thinkin its a driver's race the only thing you'll be looking at is the tail lights of the stang sorry.
Those times are almost identical (slower actually) than the best times thus far for the 2010 Camaro. How is that not a drivers race?
Old 05-24-2010, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

My guess is the new 5.0 is going to bring a lot of those same people into the Mustang world, with memories of Vanilla Ice... HAHAHA Word to your mother...

man, i know you are right.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

its gonna be a drivers race, with the one who can drive winning by 2 seconds.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Launching!

Those times are almost identical (slower actually) than the best times thus far for the 2010 Camaro. How is that not a drivers race?
Every body and there mom is running 12vs, 11"s, and tens lol! They haven't even tested the auto with a stall and spray all the motor runs in humid hot weather.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black1997T/A
Lets see what the regular owners do with the car. Its so easy to say what professional magazines like mmff and tuner shops like evolution do. They are selling a product and have a interest in seeing the 5.0 do well. The proof will come when the average joe tries to repeat those times.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02 wife
Lets see what the regular owners do with the car. Its so easy to say what professional magazines like mmff and tuner shops like evolution do. They are selling a product and have a interest in seeing the 5.0 do well. The proof will come when the average joe tries to repeat those times.
I agree cause these guys at evolution can seriously drive and I don't see the average guy getting these numbers.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I haven't seen one yet at the local track below 13.5, with most running 14s. I got to line up against one when I was on street tires. It was bus lengths and I only ran a 13.2@117.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

Where are you getting your info from? I've been reseaching both cars for a while know and I have never seen those kind of times from a reliable source on a stock SS with street tires.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Lethal Z
Where are you getting your info from? I've been reseaching both cars for a while know and I have never seen those kind of times from a reliable source on a stock SS with street tires.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBpve1Enha8

I mean comon, are you serious!!? This is right from the start that mags ran the 10' SS to 111mph in the 1/4. Do you really think nobody is gonna figure out how to lunch this car?

Last edited by Johnnystock; 05-24-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Quick Reply: It seems the 2011 Mustang Gt's performance was "Inflated" vs 2010 Camaro