Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got My 2012 1SS/RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got My 2012 1SS/RS

Just picked her up today and love it!!! will post pics soon!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 173 Likes on 117 Posts

Sweet! I really enjoy mine
Old 02-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, I remember the day I got mine. I drove it for hours until the early morning of the next day.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lazerlemonta
Sweet! I really enjoy mine
Originally Posted by AJG383
Congrats, I remember the day I got mine. I drove it for hours until the early morning of the next day.
Thanks guys i love it!! still trying to get used to it though, theres so many interior buttons compared to my 4th gen lol, does anyone else notice on the Imperial blue metallic that when the light hits it, that the nose of the car sometimes seems a shade of blue lighther compared to the rest? Or is it just me lol
Old 03-01-2012, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

GM actually put a bulletin out on that subject. It is just the way the light hits her curves...dont sweat it...
Old 03-01-2012, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silver LS1
GM actually put a bulletin out on that subject. It is just the way the light hits her curves...dont sweat it...
Awesome cause i love this thing lol!! Need to get rid of the fishbowl first!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

youre killing me! i almost bought a 5th gen yesterday. have fun.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

All I can say is hold the traction control down for 8 seconds and enjoy the ride
Old 03-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Midnight00SS
Thanks guys i love it!! still trying to get used to it though, theres so many interior buttons compared to my 4th gen lol, does anyone else notice on the Imperial blue metallic that when the light hits it, that the nose of the car sometimes seems a shade of blue lighther compared to the rest? Or is it just me lol
Yes, the paint on the front does not quite match up to the rest of the car in certain light and angles. It's plastic and painted by the supplier, not the factory like the rest of the metal car. You might want to consider clear bra for the front and gill areas as soon as possible, they chip easy. At least on the first years run, maybe it is better paint on the new ones.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

All I can say is hold the traction control down for 8 seconds and enjoy the ride
Originally Posted by AJG383
Yes, the paint on the front does not quite match up to the rest of the car in certain light and angles. It's plastic and painted by the supplier, not the factory like the rest of the metal car. You might want to consider clear bra for the front and gill areas as soon as possible, they chip easy. At least on the first years run, maybe it is better paint on the new ones.
i thought that button had to be on or off? lol how do u do that?

Now it makes more sense so thats wut im seeing then, if u can find that article that would be great, its not too big of a deal, was just wondering why as long as i dont have anything to worry about
Old 03-02-2012, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry. had to do it.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94LT1TA6spd

sorry. had to do it.
working on it lol
Old 03-02-2012, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

so i have about 80 miles on her, wuts the break in period on this thing? when can i WOT? or should i not worry, i notice my gas mileage isnt so great, about 19mpg, looking to get a Halltech soon
Old 03-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

Everyone will suggest a different break-in method. Some say drive it like grandma, and some say drive it hard asap. I'm not going to offer my opinion on either one, but instead just tell you what I did.

If your car is an LS3/M6: Do not downshift through the gears to slow down or come to a stop, use your brakes.

I had about a 150 mile trip home from the dealership, mostly highway with speed limits ranging from 60-70 mph. Upon leaving the dealership, I tried to vary the rpms and gears as much as possible within reason, without going over 4000 rpm. I would speed up and slow down, switching between gears 3-6, speeds of 50-80 mph. I continued to vary RPM, gears and speed up to 500 miles.

Continuing on, from 500-2000 miles, I continued with this method, but involved some WOT runs in the lower gears, still without going over 4000 rpms. This is when the car really started loosening up and I started noticing slight power gain, slightly more aggressive exhaust note, and smoother shifting.

Oh and congrats!

Last edited by wise690; 03-02-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

Push it once to turn traction control off twice for competitive mode and hold it down to turn it all off
Old 03-02-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

id have your oil changed at about 500 miles then start to work it.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Change your oil to conventional and drive it 500 miles or so. Change the oil back to synthetic and drive it like you always would.

Their is a plethora of information available showing that synthetic oil does not allow for optimal ring seating as compared to conventional. You can also miss your optimal window of ring seating if you baby the car for too long.

I personally was somewhat nice to the car for about 500 miles and ran the conventional oil. Then I switched out to the synthetic and just drove it as I normally would...which is rather hard most of the time lol.

The 19mpg...if that is combined...isnt going to change much. That is on par for a mix of city and highway driving.
Highway only I can get about 24mpg.

But as wise690 said...their is a lot of debate/different opinions on break in and oil etc. Do your own research and make up your own mind. After my own research I was personally convinced to go the route I just described.

Enjoy the car....

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 03-02-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 PM
10 Second Club

I raped mine from the get go and it's been getting stronger by the mile. To each his own lol
Old 03-02-2012, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wise690
Everyone will suggest a different break-in method. Some say drive it like grandma, and some say drive it hard asap. I'm not going to offer my opinion on either one, but instead just tell you what I did.

If your car is an LS3/M6: Do not downshift through the gears to slow down or come to a stop, use your brakes.

I had about a 150 mile trip home from the dealership, mostly highway with speed limits ranging from 60-70 mph. Upon leaving the dealership, I tried to vary the rpms and gears as much as possible within reason, without going over 4000 rpm. I would speed up and slow down, switching between gears 3-6, speeds of 50-80 mph. I continued to vary RPM, gears and speed up to 500 miles.

Continuing on, from 500-2000 miles, I continued with this method, but involved some WOT runs in the lower gears, still without going over 4000 rpms. This is when the car really started loosening up and I started noticing slight power gain, slightly more aggressive exhaust note, and smoother shifting.

Oh and congrats!
Push it once to turn traction control off twice for competitive mode and hold it down to turn it all off
Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
id have your oil changed at about 500 miles then start to work it.
Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Change your oil to conventional and drive it 500 miles or so. Change the oil back to synthetic and drive it like you always would.

Their is a plethora of information available showing that synthetic oil does not allow for optimal ring seating as compared to conventional. You can also miss your optimal window of ring seating if you baby the car for too long.

I personally was somewhat nice to the car for about 500 miles and ran the conventional oil. Then I switched out to the synthetic and just drove it as I normally would...which is rather hard most of the time lol.

The 19mpg...if that is combined...isnt going to change much. That is on par for a mix of city and highway driving.
Highway only I can get about 24mpg.

But as wise690 said...their is a lot of debate/different opinions on break in and oil etc. Do your own research and make up your own mind. After my own research I was personally convinced to go the route I just described.

Enjoy the car....
I raped mine from the get go and it's been getting stronger by the mile. To each his own lol
thanks guys for all ur input, ive been trying to drive it differently everyday, somedays getting on it alittle harder then others, no WOT yet, but took her up to 3500 here and there, i love this car its so addicting to drive, the compliments at work that i got were amazing!, i am just alittle suprised at the gas mileage seems like the needle goes down fast lol, im guessing the tank is small too, o well hope fully a cold air intake might help down the road, gonna enjoy her for now!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

i cracked the throttle today in 1st gear from a slow roll with no traction control on, and the tires spun like hell and wheel hopped so i let off, def felt the power, does feel sluggish down low, but man up top she start pulling good lol, how can i avoid the wheel hop?

Quick Reply: Got My 2012 1SS/RS