Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirtated

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looks nice.. good numbers there. id like to hear about your other packages as well... oh yea and BRING THAT BEAST TO THE TRACK!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've had LMR handle all my installs for my LE Camaro. If you have been to their shop and seen any of their builds it's all top notch.

You may pay more up front the first time around but at least you know they will do a clean, quality install by guys who know what the heck they are doing.

LMR
Old 06-01-2009, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

How about the people that are bitching buy the parts themselves and install them... Yeah didn't think so lol

I'm competent enough to install all these parts myself without a problem. But most aren't.

This is like bitching at a doctor for a dick enlargement. If you can't afford it, and you aren't smart enough to do it yourself... Buy a giant lifted truck on credit so the girls don't notice your small peen!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrisdacarnut
How about the people that are bitching buy the parts themselves and install them... Yeah didn't think so lol

I'm competent enough to install all these parts myself without a problem. But most aren't.

This is like bitching at a doctor for a dick enlargement. If you can't afford it, and you aren't smart enough to do it yourself... Buy a giant lifted truck on credit so the girls don't notice your small peen!
This isn't about someone being able to afford it or not. It's about price gouging, or aren't you competent enough to know what that means?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I just have to say, I'm blown away that people are questioning the price for what they are getting in this package. It's a very good deal IMO.

I have done a lot of our work myself and I've also had LMR do quite a bit of my work on our quicker car. No complaints here. The misc items add up extremely quick and the R&D was already done on our work. I have also spent an unbelievable amount of time testing different cold air kits, tunes and unique power tweaks. That all costs lots of time and $$. If you have lots of extra time, knowledge and $$ then do the R&D yourself. Good luck. The average Joe doesn't, so the logical option is to let the pros do what they enjoy and do best. At least they know it's done right for a fair price. That's all I have ever asked for.

IMO- If you have no plans or desire or plans of buying a new 2010 Camaro, you really have no right to post negative opinions in this thread. These guys have busted their butts to provide power adding options for the 2010 Camaro cutsomers.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by krauSS 02
did you guys used to be Icon motorsports. looks like the same shop?
Mike at Icon does great work but we are in no way affilitated with one another from a business stand point.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slither
Yall must use a lot of rags and staydry(or is the ****-eze included in this price?)
And LOL at the rest of the list...
What the ****?....A guy that averages one post a year is going to come in here and bash a legit, upstanding sponsor?....If I was a mod your dumb *** would be banned so fast. I'm all for good debate, and some of these guys voicing their oppinion on the price, but you're just a worthless troll. The only sad part is that you are such a troll I doubt you will even remember you made this post and will come back to read anymore.

Anyhow....Great job LMR. That is very impressive work. 500+ to the wheels with no power adder and stock heads is impressive to me.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome job! You guys are really waking this car up, I can't wait to see what other shops start doing!

As for those bitching, probably the ones who buy used or cheap parts and later have problems with them end up posting and bitching in need of help or end up taking it to a shop anyways...lol I think the price is far for what they offer and the gains you get.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Some people in this thread are completely dense. Great stuff guys. Can't wait to see it in person.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

How many of the folks griping were around 10 years ago when the LS1 Fbodies came out? Packages were pricey back then, same as this situation. Most folks don't understand how good they have it now with the LSX market being the way it is. It certainly wasn't like that in the beginning. The fact that Cartek was brought up is ironic because I recall Cartek having crazy prices on their heads/cam stuff back in the day.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Wow just incredible. I was hoping for 500rwhp with heads.

How is the driveability with the stage 3 cam?

About the price. It is fair considering the labor is included and the high quality parts used (such as the AR headers)

And I would not suggest having this done at an average joe smoe mechanic shop with the cheapest price around either. I thought about it when I had my car and I realized all the stuff that could go wrong if it is not done with care. But then I looked at the price to get it done right and decided to do it myself.

So either pay up or do it yourself is my suggestion. (as long as you have turned some wrenches in the past obviously)
Old 06-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Holy crap this thread got out of hand quick. You guys just make me laugh.

I totally understand that not everyone has the same budget when modding their cars. That is why we offer several different packages ranging from a $3k-CAI/Headers package to this street stalker package for $6k, our supercharger package(includes several other mods) for $20k, and all the way up to our LS7 440ci Punisher package around $30k. I promise if you search on these boards and read the fine print of other tuner shops you will see you got alot more for your money with us. At the same time you get what you pay for. So you need to look out for deals that sound too good to be true, usually means its a small shop with no overhead and not alot of experience and thats why they can charge so little for their work. People do not mind spending a little extra money to get it done right the first time, other wise you will end up spending twice as much in the long run. Here is a break down of prices so you can see how quick and easy it is to spend $6k.

LMR Cold Air Induction System-400
A/R 1 7/8 Stainless Steel Headers with catted connection pipes-1700
MSD 8.5mm Wires-75
NGK spark plugs-20
160* Thermostat-38
Modified Factory mufflers(removed resonators)170
LMR Stage 3 custom grind cam kit-850
Prototype 25% Underdrive Pulley Kit-300
All gaskets/Crank Bolt-150
Oil change with filter-55
Shop Supplies-292
Labor-1300
Dyno Tune-500
Custom Street Stalker Badges-150
PLUS TAX

Why dont one of you call Hennessey or Linginfilter and see how much they charge for a package like this?
I plan on buying a 5th gen Camaro, and I also plan on modding it. But 6 thousand dollars for a cam and bolt-ons, are you guys out of your ******* mind? That is outrageous! This is why a deal with Texas Speed and Performance, and will continue doing business with them. They are an honest company who isn't out to rape poor bastards that know nothing about cars. Good luck with your sales. I'm sure you guys will be able to find a few yuppie shmucks that want some "custom street stalker badges" and a cam for 6 thousand dollars. I won't be one of them.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Those are some great numbers, and a VERY reasonable price considering those are A/R headers. I plan on getting a new Camaro myself.

Last edited by Black98Z28; 06-02-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01sscam
I plan on buying a 5th gen Camaro, and I also plan on modding it. But 6 thousand dollars for a cam and bolt-ons, are you guys out of your ******* mind? That is outrageous! This is why a deal with Texas Speed and Performance, and will continue doing business with them. They are an honest company who isn't out to rape poor bastards that know nothing about cars. Good luck with your sales. I'm sure you guys will be able to find a few yuppie shmucks that want some "custom street stalker badges" and a cam for 6 thousand dollars. I won't be one of them.
I spent almost 7k with texas speed when they did my H/C/Nitrous install and tune.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chrisdacarnut

Man you really have no clue do you? We buy lifted trucks because fat girls can't jump.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Originally Posted by Black98Z28
I spent almost 7k with texas speed when they did my H/C/Nitrous install and tune.
Lol, You aren't getting heads and you aren't get a nitrous kit for the 6k plus tax.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01sscam
Lol, You aren't getting heads and you aren't get a nitrous kit for the 6k plus tax.
The price of the heads that I got are the same price as the A/R headers on this 2010 Camaro, the only difference is my nitrous kit which was $700+install. So if I were to have purchased some A/R headers, I would have been near $8300.

Everything adds up fine on the parts list, its just those headers are expensive as ****, and there isn't a company out there that has cookie cut these yet like Pacesetter. So until that happens headers for a 2010 Camaro are going to cost a lot.

If there were Pacesetters available(given right around $400) you would be looking for the same package right around $4700+, also to add this tune isnt a "mail-order tune" this is a custom tune.

So if you were to have them put all the parts in off this package, (with make-believe $400 headers) without a tune thats $4300 and you take it to your tuner of choice or yourself. Also I am sure you could provide your own headers, so this package without a tune, or A/R Headers(best of the best) would run you $3800 ($3650 since you don't like the badges). You can do it yourself take off the $1300 for labor and there you go $2349.00. SO with that said Eddie, I don't see why you are bashing LMR for this package, it is not outrageous whatsoever..

Last edited by Black98Z28; 06-02-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

Nice package guys! When is it going to see the track?
Old 06-03-2009, 06:33 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Congrats, those are some great numbers! LMR does top notch work and is asking a fair price for their work. They are not some guys in their mothers garage having items drop-shipped to them and assembled by a crew of illegals. These guys actually have overhead and R&D cost, so they will never be as cheap as you buddy, Bubba, the retired a/c repairman, but they will stand behind their work and give you a great product.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats impressive! Makes me jealous!

On another note, $6k is not THAT bad of a deal on a completely NEW design that has not been cracked open much. I personally do all my stuff myself, but LMR has to pay bills just like all of us.

I can solve all the cheap ***'s problems, open a credit card that will have a $6k limit, spend it at LMR and let the credit card go back.

Quick Reply: Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirtated