General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Having trouble with new DD.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having trouble with new DD.

Ok i posted this in the lounge as well but sense it has an "LSX" in it I figured what the heck.

So heres the scoop.

Bought a new daily driver about 5 months ago. 06 Trailblazer, its a 5.3 V8 and 4x4. Had about 25k on it when I purchased it. Ive put about 2500 miles on it sense. Warranty runs out in 1month.

Problems in the last 2500 miles.
Oil leak (pan gasket) fix under warranty
Poor alignment (been to 2 different GM shops) not fixed
Howling underhood when cold (GM shop "Fixed It") not fixed, they just threw parts at it and hoped for a warmer day
Messed up gas gauge (just happend tonight) Im really gettin pissed

So im getting alittle pissed and worried about this thing always having problems. I mean in the last 2500 miles 300 of the miles were back and worth to the shop. And with one more month on the warranty I dont know what to do.

Going to call the dealership that I bought it from 2mar and say WTF.
I think i'll give them 3 options.
1. Give me an extended warranty for atleast another 2 years.
2. Buy it back from me and give me a hell of a deal on a newer hemi ram. I know that my last dodge and most all dodges get horrible gas mileage, but who cares when ur wasting all ur gas driving to the shop for warranty work?
3. I drive my trailblazer threw there show room!!!

What do you guys think I should do???

PS. Good thing I didnt just waste 1600 on new wheels and tires that are mounted sitting in my basment for my new GM pile of crap. O wait?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

man that sucks.. i havent heard many bad reviews on the trailblazers. i wouldnt suggest driving it through their showroom though hahaha just go to them, explain your issues, keep going up and bitching higher and higher until they fix what you want. the last thing a dealership wants is a pissed off customer. i know this because i work at one haha! just keep bitching until they fix the issues. those are good trucks, dont give up on it!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also haven't really heard of many problems with them either but being there have been so many with yours I would get ride of it sounds like they gave you someone's problem before you talk to them I would carfax it to get all the info you can on it.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To me the problems you have having aside from the noise on cold start seem fairly typical. oil leaks and faulty fuel level sensors are common. Alignments that all depends. As far as your noise though since it has been documented that you have the problem and if you take it back even being outside of the GM factory warranty the dealership can still warranty (good will) repairs for you outside of the regular warranty if you have a problem.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Well I guess I'll just see what they say tomorrow. One problem is that the dealership I bought it at is 100miles away, so ive been taking it to the closest GM dealer for warranty work. Its been to a GM shop 6 times 30 miles each trip and a local shop twice. Thats about 200 miles. So that means 8% of the time im driving it to the shop, and the rest of the time im just driving it with problems.

Dont get me wrong, I really like this ride. If I didnt I wouldnt have just dumped 1800 in wheels, tires, and suspension mods. But when do you say enough is enough and cut your losses?

I mean if they offer me an extened warranty for free should I take it? Or bitch at them until they buy it back?
They probably wont do either.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

neither, bitch until they fix the issues!!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

One vote for option 3

Re'
Old 02-04-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah but when are the issues going to stop? I mean it seems like this things falling apart just sitting in my garage. Ive had these problems in the first 2500 miles... What do the next 2500 miles have in store for me, or how bout 50000 miles? It just gets old constantly going to the dealership, having the wife, a realitive, or co-worker pick ur *** up....
Old 02-04-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Regular

and all the people picking me up are driving older cars with much more miles, while mines acting up again.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

do what you want man.. im just telling you, these are problems that can be fixed and you are making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. remember, in the eyes of service personel, the customer is always right.

i know what you mean about it being in the shop. just make it very clear to them they have ONE shot at fixing ****, and it needs to be done ASAP or you will tell everyone in the lobby not to get their car worked on or buy their cars because they are lemons.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd sell it! My neighbor owns one and they have nothing but trouble with theirs. Everytime I go over to their house they are takinig it to the shop for something stupid. Shoot, this thing has received 3 ignition modules alone. Not counting the other stuff. cut your losses soon.

But that is what I would do...just my .02¢
Old 02-05-2009, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

keep taking it back to gm, let them fix it, check the lemon laws out! make them replace everything that needs to be replaced! while ur at it, do a search for all recalls for ur trailblazer too, print them off, & take the list to the gm dealer too, tell them to fix those while they r at it!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mebuildit
I'd sell it! My neighbor owns one and they have nothing but trouble with theirs. Everytime I go over to their house they are takinig it to the shop for something stupid. Shoot, this thing has received 3 ignition modules alone. Not counting the other stuff. cut your losses soon.

But that is what I would do...just my .02¢

that is interesting since there is not an ingnition module on a TB. Yes ignition switches but they are cheap and easy to replace. ignition coils sometimes for water damage. Yes they have some problems but all in all they are not the worst thing that GM has out there.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:52 AM
10 Second Club

Lemon Law. Not really but a option. If you had teh inline motor I would say get rid of it.

Some time if the dealer knows that you have had on going repairs on teh vehicle they wil work with you. Now I am not saying don't go back to the dealer that you bought from and ask for the extended warranty. That I would do. If they screw you over drive the suv threw the show room and get out lock the car and leave it.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Check engine light came on today. I scanned it and got, PO463 Fuel level sensor A. Circuit High Input. Gauge is still all messed up.

Called dealership. "They are working on it" "But cant give us an answer until the owner gets back tomarrow"

Looks like option 3.....
Old 02-05-2009, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
that is interesting since there is not an ingnition module on a TB. Yes ignition switches but they are cheap and easy to replace. ignition coils sometimes for water damage. Yes they have some problems but all in all they are not the worst thing that GM has out there.

Yeah that one had me LMAO. Guess they are in the the distributor cap huh
Old 02-05-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drive it through the front of the dealership. With a thank you ballon
Old 02-05-2009, 01:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are going to keep it, I would make the dealership buy you an extended warranty.
Otherwise, I would ditch it. Sounds like it just isn't worth having.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

I agree about looking into the lemon law. But it is different state by state so I'm not sure if it could help you. I would do this in this order
  • Ask them to buy it back
  • Trade straight across at the dealership you bought it from for a vehicle comperable in value
  • Trade it in at another car lot

Either way an extended warranty is not going to help. Granted you have that as a crutch you're not fixing the fact that your vehicle was built on a Friday