General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What can make my car be lopsided??

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can make my car be lopsided??

Hey guys about 5 months ago I hit a curb doing about 35. My passenger rim was bent and my tire had a huge hole. The whole right side of my car went over the curb, it also became lopsided. I replaced my rack and pinion, put lowering springs and new shocks in the back. For some reason my car is leaning towards one side. Any clues??

Here's pics

left side

Right side

Old 02-07-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will definitely be paying attention to this thread, my car does the same thing. I have heard that it is normal, but it doesn't seem like it should be.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Naw man it can't be normal for my car. It wasn't like this before. It bothers the hell out of me..lol
Old 02-07-2009, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got a serious lean too the left on mine. Alot have a lean like yours. Most seem to think its the car settling after a long time, and tourqing hard too one side. some of the suspension sponsors atributte it too the motor not being centered in the engine bay. I notice alot of the mustangs do it too.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It bothers me too man. It looks like there would be something wrong with the suspension, but the car rides fine and there is nothing obvious wrong with it. If you figure anything out though, let me know.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28
It bothers me too man. It looks like there would be something wrong with the suspension, but the car rides fine and there is nothing obvious wrong with it. If you figure anything out though, let me know.
yeah man it sucks. I"m very picky so seeing this gets me mad..lol. My car rides fine too but I'm praying something is bent so I can get this fixedIll let you know when I take my car too get chcked out in the nearby future when I get my income tax money!
Old 02-07-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I know that these cars tend to sit lower on the right side than the left. Mine does too. Drove me nuts until I found out that it is typical, now it just irks me a little bit.

BTW, one thing I noticed in your 2nd pic, your driver side fender mounting tab is bent so it is sticking out in front of the door. Bend it back to line it back up
Old 02-07-2009, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

^^

Already did sir. Thanks . I had read that sticky about fixing it. Thank god for the person who wrote it..lol
Old 02-07-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um, maybe I'm on something, but your right side looks an awful lot like your left side, & vice versa.
And yes, it is lopsided.
-Matt
Old 02-08-2009, 12:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
I know that these cars tend to sit lower on the right side than the left. Mine does too. Drove me nuts until I found out that it is typical, now it just irks me a little bit.

BTW, one thing I noticed in your 2nd pic, your driver side fender mounting tab is bent so it is sticking out in front of the door. Bend it back to line it back up
same here, drove me nuts when i first noticed this, then looked it up on tech and i was more easy on my mind when i found out right side generally sits lower. mine seems more level now with the weight reduction
Old 02-08-2009, 12:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nemss1
same here, drove me nuts when i first noticed this, then looked it up on tech and i was more easy on my mind when i found out right side generally sits lower. mine seems more level now with the weight reduction
What made it really bad for me at first was I had just bought the car, I knew it had some exterior damage (dinged mirror, busted fender at the time) but then I saw it sat lower on the passenger side at the same time I found the dash sag and though oh CRAP this thing's been in a wreck and the car is twisted!

You can't imagine the relief it was to find out it was normal!

BTW no I haven't fixed the dash sag yet, car is still in the shop waiting on the motor to arrive
I hate this car, yet I miss it so bad at the same time
Old 02-08-2009, 12:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
What made it really bad for me at first was I had just bought the car, I knew it had some exterior damage (dinged mirror, busted fender at the time) but then I saw it sat lower on the passenger side at the same time I found the dash sag and though oh CRAP this thing's been in a wreck and the car is twisted!

You can't imagine the relief it was to find out it was normal!

BTW no I haven't fixed the dash sag yet, car is still in the shop waiting on the motor to arrive
I hate this car, yet I miss it so bad at the same time
ya, big relief! thinking about sending mine to the shop also because i really pissed myslf off today when i cut about 3 wires and pulled them doing the !wire mod in the engine bay and now the damn car doesnt crank! dont really feel like messing with it after how stressed i got yesterday
Old 02-08-2009, 12:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That doesn't look normal to me, that is a substantial difference. Do you have the rubber isolators in on both sides? Do the spring perches look bent? Any pictures of the springs on the car suspension loaded?
Old 02-08-2009, 09:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya been picking up too many fat chicks......
Old 02-08-2009, 12:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Ya been picking up too many fat chicks......
they need lovin' too
Old 02-08-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Was the frame checked when you wreaked it?
Old 02-08-2009, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by _JB_
Was the frame checked when you wreaked it?
nope not yet. Many people have told me that there would be no way I can have frame damagage but you never can be too sure. I hope that's not the case though..lol
Old 02-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Ya i have a lean to the right in the front as well.. I can fit one finger between the tire and fender on the right side and two on the left side. But something doesn't seem right, the hood sticks up a little in the front right corner and doesn't sit flush. Is there nothing that can be done about this lean?
Old 02-08-2009, 03:05 PM
12 Second Club

try an alignment and they can tell u if any suspension components are tweaked
Old 02-08-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flame99z
Ya i have a lean to the right in the front as well.. I can fit one finger between the tire and fender on the right side and two on the left side. But something doesn't seem right, the hood sticks up a little in the front right corner and doesn't sit flush. Is there nothing that can be done about this lean?
My car does this same thing, except on the other side.

Quick Reply: What can make my car be lopsided??