General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Do you get sarcastic comments about your car?
Never, dunno what you're talking about.
38.15%
Once in a while....
52.21%
All the time, drives me insane!
9.64%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get more compliments then anything.

Although, I couple weeks ago I took my car out to go drop some stuff off in the mail. As I was exiting the car, which has no cats and is extremely loud, some guy probably in his mid 50's who was also getting out of his car commented "Your car is running really rich, you should take care of that." Chuckling me myself, I kindly replied, "Thanks anyway, but I'm sure it's running just fine." He then commented back, kind of snidly "I'm telling you it's running rich, I can smell it, I know."

At this point I just had to go off on the guy. I don't remember exactly what I said to this douche, but it was something along the lines of..

"Alright old fogey, this car is fuel injected, not carubrated. It has a computer which is tuned by another computer, on a dyno with a wideband 02 guage. All the fuel trims are monitered in every gear at every possible rpm to maximize fuel effciency, drivability and power. If you feel you can do a better job, feel free to call my tuner and butt heads with him, but you're going to feel like more of an idiot then you do now when he's through with you"

Then he just walked in the other direction and didn't say a word. the nerve of some people! I bet his 32 coupe doesn't make 600hp on motor, ********.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

PS you girls and your drama are lame.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01SuperSport
Yeah but whatever. I've had people try in flag me down and since I never stopped to talk to them because I didn't care for what they had to say, they started standing in the middle of the road trying to hit my car. Also had one of my neighbors call the cops on me complaining when I had my stock exhaust Now I have my longtubes and cutout and make sure they hear me coming to **** off whoever it was.
I havent had anyone call the cops on me yet, but my guess is its coming sometime soon. I wanted to swap my LM2 muffler out for a LM1 muffler because some of my neighbors were starting to **** me off too. Then I would really give them a reason to be mad.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jermzz
Alright old fogey, this car is fuel injected, not carubrated. It has a computer which is tuned by another computer, on a dyno with a wideband 02 guage. All the fuel trims are monitered in every gear at every possible rpm to maximize fuel effciency, drivability and power.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

time to time it happens, the coolest thing someone said was when....i notice a guy follow my moves through traffic (not getting on it just a little move here or a lane change there) and he ppulls up next to me at a stop light so i roll my window down, and he says "man, that ************ sounds GREAT! (i had just put on my loudmouth exhaust.) so i smile and say thanks and we drove off. had me smiling for a bit
Old 02-23-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

My gf drove my car to pick up some pizzas Friday night and a couple kids across the street yelled at her saying "Nice car dude, can we have a ride?"
Old 02-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jermzz
"Alright old fogey, this car is fuel injected, not carubrated. It has a computer which is tuned by another computer, on a dyno with a wideband 02 guage. All the fuel trims are monitered in every gear at every possible rpm to maximize fuel effciency, drivability and power. If you feel you can do a better job, feel free to call my tuner and butt heads with him, but you're going to feel like more of an idiot then you do now when he's through with you"
golly gee you sure did tell that guy off there. just don't write anyone a letter.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackonBlackTA
My gf drove my car to pick up some pizzas Friday night and a couple kids across the street yelled at her saying "Nice car dude, can we have a ride?"
WHat?!!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

I've never had anyone make a snide or rude remark(except for the dumb bitch who used to live in the same apt. complex) about it until last saturday. Was pulling into a parking lot to have lunch with the wife, and this toothless white trash bitch was mouthing something about it being so loud (I had the cut out open) and giving me a dirty look.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lsx85
time to time it happens, the coolest thing someone said was when....i notice a guy follow my moves through traffic (not getting on it just a little move here or a lane change there) and he ppulls up next to me at a stop light so i roll my window down, and he says "man, that ************ sounds GREAT! (i had just put on my loudmouth exhaust.) so i smile and say thanks and we drove off. had me smiling for a bit

That always brings a smile to my face. The best is when I see a lil kid in a car next to me smiling and waving, or they say nice car
Old 02-23-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Haha, this thread is crazy interesting! When I FIRST got my T/A (stock everything) I was driving down the higway with this girl I was tlaking to at the time (dang women). And This guy in a RICED OUT Civic hatch was two cars ahead of me at the stop light revvin' his fart can and she started laughing at me, so in the spur of the moment, I revved back and when the light popped, he gunned it, again, I'm two cars back, so I caught up. This guy had a racing seat, guages up the pillar, 'racing' and 'carbon fiber' accessories like CRAZY! (Including the 3-point seat belts) So I get next to him, hear him down-shift, and get on it. Since I have an auto, I had a lag to down-shift and go, but he got about 1ft on me and I FLEW past him! At the light he said (word for word)

"You may beat me to 80MPH, but after 80, I will own your a**!"

I couldn't hold back, me and the girl started CRACKING up!

I said, "Oh yeah?"

And returned, "Yeah, those big V8's ain't got nothin' up top!"

And he gunned it when the light turned green and I was in stiches and didn't even notice.

Moral of the story: If you wanna make power up top, buy a 4-cylinder. If you feel like being slow, buy an LS1.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Village Idiot

I was seafoaming my engine last week, a neighbor said do you know what that is doing to our envirnment? I said no, but I know what it is doing for my car....

We got to talking and we were cool...
Old 02-23-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
WHat?!!
Kids these days use dude generically. Like everyone is a dude, even if they aren't a dude at all.

"A dude is an individual, typically male, particularly somebody well dressed or who has never lived outside a big city. The female equivalent, which is used less often, is "dudette." However, "dude" has evolved to become more unisex to encompass both genders[3], and this was true even in the 1950s, when the word was used in its more traditional sense.[4] It can alternatively be spelled "dood." - Wikipedia
Old 02-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackonBlackTA
Kids these days use dude generically. Like everyone is a dude, even if they aren't a dude at all.

"A dude is an individual, typically male, particularly somebody well dressed or who has never lived outside a big city. The female equivalent, which is used less often, is "dudette." However, "dude" has evolved to become more unisex to encompass both genders[3], and this was true even in the 1950s, when the word was used in its more traditional sense.[4] It can alternatively be spelled "dood." - Wikipedia
I'm just thinking of the time I seen a nice head of hair in a camaro and thought damn, a girl in a camaro, bet she's hot. Then the head turned....and it was a dude. a gnarly looking dood too. (I thought I'd use the alternate spelling there)
Sorry bout that.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most folks dig my car.

I absolutley LOVE it when a ricer rolls by me and revs his heap. I pop mine in neutral and give him a taste of 600hp through a 4 inch Mufflex with a Magnaflow muffler. Scares the **** out of em! They lean away from the window!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!

I get some weird looks from 50 year old women driving a Lexus or Benz at a stop light sometimes. I just wink and smile.

I love my junk, riot to cruise it around. Loud, obnoxious, fast. Just what I wanted LMAO.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Teching In

One time i was just drivin along normally, not hot roddin around. Some guy in a Buick comes up next to me and starts yelling at me. Stuff like, get that car off the road, the streets arent a race track, and stupid **** like that. I looked over at him and held my hand up to my ear and revved up my engine acting like i couldnt hear him. This totally enraged him more. He said he was going to call the cops on me and started dialing on his phone. While he was dialing he wasnt paying any attention to the road and looked up and locked his brakes up almost rear-ending a truck. At this point it was pretty funny, so i went slow and he caught up and passed me, totally ignoring me. I hope he felt like the dipshit he is.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Usually little kids are like, Nice Car! Thats about it.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Banned

I had a guy going through a midlife crisis decide to give me an earful once.

I pulled out of the dealer after having some warranty work done. Had to cross three lanes make a U turn and go the other way.
Well there was one SUV way down the road 3 lanes in each direction, all clear, one SUV.

I pull out, and was going 5 under the limit, I noticed this ***** riding my *** so I gave it a little gas to get away.

Then we get up to a stop light...
Two guys the driver about 50, home depot **** loaded down in the SUV shitbox.
I roll my window down and get an ear full off "ooohhhhhhh look at me in my big bad camaro, vroooom, vrooom, in my camaro look at me, yea you're a real bad ***, look at meeee vroooom vrooommm in my big bad camaro!!!!!!!"

I was in shock, I was going to yell back but that just blew my mind. What can you say to that stupid ****.

Thats about it, I think I scare people into not saying anything to me, or I just don't really look at other people.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Twotonefreak
That always brings a smile to my face. The best is when I see a lil kid in a car next to me smiling and waving, or they say nice car
O ya those are the best! I remember when I was washing my car in the driveway and I turned around and there is just a kid standing there staring. I just said hey and he goes nice car! I said thanks and he ran off. Kinda wierd but a cool compliment at the same time.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sujomatt
back to topic please!!! this was a good thread until douchers raided it.
Originally Posted by JIBBBY
I disagree this thread got good when the douchers raided it.
i agree and disagree.

no "douchers" raided any thread, i saw a few ... but thats about it..

Quick Reply: Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?