General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Do you get sarcastic comments about your car?
Never, dunno what you're talking about.
38.15%
Once in a while....
52.21%
All the time, drives me insane!
9.64%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always get good comments about my car( when it ran once up on a time).
hell i gave one of my buddies a ride in my truck today and i was gettin on it a little bit and this old guy got in his truck and drove 2 miles to where i was just to tell me my truck was bad *** and it sounded awesome.

even the cops tell me my car is bad *** when tey are giving me tickets

us rednecks digg it yup yup
Old 02-16-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Resident

nope.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I hate tailgaters and people who don't mind their own business
Old 02-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The insults are never ending when I drive my T/A.

"Throw some 20's on that thing man!"

"You think you the sh*t cuz you got a nice car?"

"Man my bruh's Impala would burn that thang!"

"What, You think you Racer X in this B*tch?!?"

"You need to slow that thing down playa!"

I generally don't drive around my house so I don't have to hear those things, but sometimes I can't avoid it.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:58 AM
11 Second Club

SPAM^^^ lol.

i have gotten a few, but i just tell em "wanna judge me race me"
Old 02-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Staging Lane

Ok guys i posted in here yesterday but I had a good one happen last night. I got my car out of storage. It was sitting in my driveway haha. I needed to drive it cause my truck has a hole in the radiator. Anyway I go and put some gas in. As soon as i start it it stars missing. I barley get out onto the road and
it dies. So i start to diagnoise it. turns out when i hit the schrader valve on the fuel rail i have on pressure and white little chrystals on the end of my pocket knife. Nice huh?? This ******* cocksuck sugured my tank cuz I kissed his **** gf like 2 years ago. The real shitty thing is that I can't even beat his *** cuz I got 5 priors... Just wanted to vent some...
Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 72 Z-28
Ok guys i posted in here yesterday but I had a good one happen last night. I got my car out of storage. It was sitting in my driveway haha. I needed to drive it cause my truck has a hole in the radiator. Anyway I go and put some gas in. As soon as i start it it stars missing. I barley get out onto the road and
it dies. So i start to diagnoise it. turns out when i hit the schrader valve on the fuel rail i have on pressure and white little chrystals on the end of my pocket knife. Nice huh?? This ******* cocksuck sugured my tank cuz I kissed his **** gf like 2 years ago. The real shitty thing is that I can't even beat his *** cuz I got 5 priors... Just wanted to vent some...
People are ridiculous. It sucks that there is probably no way to ever get a penny out of him to fix it.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear about the engine problems, bro. Not sure if sugar is your problem though:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/grace/sugar.asp

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/sugar-in-gas-tank.htm

http://www.coderetard.com/2008/03/28...snt-kill-cars/

So don't go do anything hasty and cause more problems!

And I'm sure you can get some help on here to find out what is wrong with your car.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Yea it happens. One time me and a friend were driving through a neighborhood going the speed limit. I hear this redneck yell to slow down...so i floored it and went sideways down the road. Granted this was a neighborhood where there are no cars on the road and the houses are about 20 yards away...no kids around, made sure of that.

i can be pretty immature when people try and tell me what to do
Old 02-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah i don't think that it screwed with the engine but, I will have to take the tank out clean all the lines and a new pump and filter. I think it completely demolished the pump. It could be something else though but it ran fine until i put gas in it. I think that washed the suger down the filler tube. Im not going to do anything to this punk...Although i did think about some bb's down his intake...but thats not my style. Anyway thanks for the good words
Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

every now and then i get goofy looks, and the occasional is that necessary. guess i shouldn't expect anything else with a big cam, 12-1 compression and dumped duals. lol.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

I get more good comment's about my car but once in a while i get step out of the 80's and get ride of that Camaro.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

I usually get more compliments than complaints. Usually the only people to give me dirty looks and rude remarks are old people, cops, and some dousch in a a red mustang that runs around my town. I don't get him. I've embarassed him stoplight after stoplight and he keeps trying, thinking somehow his 4.6 will one time keep up. I like to call him the Lil red stang that can't.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

people usually just stare at my car....

every once in a while when im at a redlight or something and an elderly person or someone on a phone is next to me they roll their window up.. but nothing else..

if someone yelled about my car being sarcastically fast.... i would show them how slow it is....
Old 02-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Launching!

Sometimes people in hybrids give me ****. But I tell them that I'm not a vegetarian and it still gets 20 plus mpg highway so quarter, someone who cares, you know the deal. Then I ask where their daughters are at every friday night. Cue up the hippie **** soundtrack.

As a side note, last spring when I finally broke the ole bird out from under the car cover and got it on the road again, I wanted to stretch her legs. Ended up taking it for a good spring cleaning spin (including a 20 to 70 mph smoke show) that influenced at least one of today's youth. As I live a few blocks from a skateboard park, the next day a 15 year old kid holding a skateboard said he saw my fun from the skatepark and had just secured a job working construction with the sole purpose of, you guessed it....buying an F-body. Guess some of today's youth isn't completely tainted....yet.

Last edited by 96autoformula; 02-17-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 96autoformula
Sometimes people in hybrids give me ****. But I tell them that I'm not a vegetarian and it still gets 20 plus mpg highway so quarter, someone who cares, you know the deal. Then I ask where their daughters are at every friday night. Cue up the hippie **** soundtrack.

As a side note, last spring when I finally broke the ole bird out from under the car cover and got it on the road again, I wanted to stretch her legs. Ended up taking it for a good spring cleaning spin (including a 20 to 70 mph smoke show) that influenced at least one of today's youth. As I live a few blocks from a skateboard park, the next day a 15 year old kid holding a skateboard said he saw my fun from the skatepark and had just secured a job working construction with the sole purpose of, you guessed it....buying an F-body. Guess some of today's youth isn't completely tainted....yet.

hahahha, i have got quite a few to turn to ls1s!

by either getting smoked or envy..
Old 02-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Launching!

I told the kid while he was saving, save extra for insurance, tickets and rubbers. B/c chicks dig fast cars. You can say it's not true, or a dumb statement...but deep down you know it's true.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

The only comment that I sometimes get is "oh! you're having a mid life crisis" of course I have to then explain that this is the only kind of car(s) that I have ever driven since I was sixteen! The strange thing is that there are some people who drive Corvettes that give snide looks but do not have the ***** to say anything! chicken s***s!! I personally could give a rats *** what people think, I buy these for myself and not to impress the idiots out there!
Old 02-17-2009, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

I'am a member of a car club,& go to a lot of little car shows. people like my TA, but you can tell that they like the old cars better!! I just tell them that my car can out run there car , with the air on & still get over 25 miles to the gallon!! I love the old cars & have done a lot of old cars. But still just dont care what people think!!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

last year i got the "tell your dad he has a nice SS." i know i look young, but c'mon.

Quick Reply: Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?