General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Crashed my Goat. Please help, any advice or input welcome..

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed my Goat. Please help, any advice or input welcome..

Long story short i was driving in the rain, my tire popped.. Lost control and ran into a curb.. My suspension took most of the damage unfortunetly

Damage is about 5000.00 But luckily all is fixable.

My questions are:

1.) How much do you all think my insurance will go up? I currently pay 125.00 a month, with 1 ticket only for speeding. Which was 1 year ago.

2.) How hard is it to find a drift r rim size 19x9 because i heard they now only make 19x10?

3.) Will this go on my driving record as a point? There was not a police report involved because there was 0 property damage and nobody was injured. But I heard that the insurance company is going to report it and the dmv will add it to my record as a point?

As you know i am in a deep state of depression, but I took my car to ALL MAGIC body shop in Norco Ca where i have heard nothing but great things about..

Any input would be appreciated. thanks.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Teching In

dude that sucks bro ....
Old 02-19-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Regular

I can't give you any useful info, but sorry to hear that. Hope everything turns out ok bud..
Old 02-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Teching In

I have been driving over 6 years and have never even came close to any kind of danger, so this being my first i keep having the memory of the accident replaying in my mind. not for any pain or anything like that.. but just the fact that it happened to my dream car

Old 02-19-2009, 01:23 AM
TECH Regular

Some insurance companies are different. With my accident it was considered a no fault as no other vehicles were involves-thus they cant use it to adjust your premium. But like I said all companies are different.

Also any accident where more than $500 worth of damage should be reported regardless. This is why your insurance company is reporting you.

The only thing that got me in the end was the driving unprudently ticket (watered down careless). Just work with your insurance company and you will be fine.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are one accident / speeding ticket away from being considered high risk.....right now your insurance could go up 20%. If you get one more moving violation in the next two years your insurance could double.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes depending on your insurance carrier. But my friend got to fast for conditions and his insurance did not go up. State Farm tho.

I would have to think that since there was no tickets issued there should be no points issued but then again I am not a officer.

Can't help you on the rim thing. I hope everything works out for you /
Old 02-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ItsNotStock
Some insurance companies are different. With my accident it was considered a no fault as no other vehicles were involves-thus they cant use it to adjust your premium. But like I said all companies are different.

Also any accident where more than $500 worth of damage should be reported regardless. This is why your insurance company is reporting you.

The only thing that got me in the end was the driving unprudently ticket (watered down careless). Just work with your insurance company and you will be fine.
yeah surprisingly when i called the police and they came down the officers were real cool and advised me to not make a report because it would make an automatic ticket for unsafe driving. I have mercury insurance and i heard their pretty easy to work with so i hope things work out..

Originally Posted by qwk93ta
You are one accident / speeding ticket away from being considered high risk.....right now your insurance could go up 20%. If you get one more moving violation in the next two years your insurance could double.
honestly though living here in California i know first hand the insurance for a 21 year old with a car like that is gonna sky rocket. I got real lucky in finding the rate so low, othere companies were quoting me 275.00 and up ..

Originally Posted by RsSean
Yes depending on your insurance carrier. But my friend got to fast for conditions and his insurance did not go up. State Farm tho.

I would have to think that since there was no tickets issued there should be no points issued but then again I am not a officer.

Can't help you on the rim thing. I hope everything works out for you /

Yeah i know it depends on the insurance. I'm going to have to ask an officer for this..
Old 02-19-2009, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Man that really sucks, but **** happens. Don't let it bug you too much, it's getting fixed
Old 02-19-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

I was like a kid on crack when I first got my car-I would not slow down. I had two speeding tickets at the time of my accident and I was not placed in SR22. It takes alot more to be placed in high-risk. Luckily I've slowed down the past two years and everything comes off my record this spring. Learn to drive slow I went from paying $370 a month, to paying $140 for full coverage on two cars
Old 02-19-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RsSean
That's because they did not run any updatd MVR, when they do his rates will be increased.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it won't show up on your mvr (since cops did not write a report and ticket), but since your insurance company is footing the bill, its going to end up on a national database that other insurers will automatically look up. there's no way around that.
i would expect your rates to increase on the next renewal.

exactly how long ago was the speeding ticket? you say 1 year, but was it more or less than 12 months? i have 1 ticket and 1 solo car accident within a year of each other (wrecked my first fbody) and my rates were so high for full coverage, i went with the 99 SS over an 06 GTO.

i pay $226/month for insurance through progressive (also in california). i see you're paying $125 now, if you can find a decent rate for that 05 GTO, let me know what the carrier is...
Old 02-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
it won't show up on your mvr (since cops did not write a report and ticket), but since your insurance company is footing the bill, its going to end up on a national database that other insurers will automatically look up. there's no way around that.
i would expect your rates to increase on the next renewal.

exactly how long ago was the speeding ticket? you say 1 year, but was it more or less than 12 months? i have 1 ticket and 1 solo car accident within a year of each other (wrecked my first fbody) and my rates were so high for full coverage, i went with the 99 SS over an 06 GTO.

i pay $226/month for insurance through progressive (also in california). i see you're paying $125 now, if you can find a decent rate for that 05 GTO, let me know what the carrier is...
Yeah your absolutely right about that. I had forgot about the MVR. That and the dmv reports are different. And i got the speeding ticket 11 months ago so almost a year..
Old 02-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Just spoke with the adjuster from the ins.

their restoring the car completely to how it was before the accident. I'm responsible for the 500.00 deductible. And their saying that a new tire is going to be needed so their charging me 60% of the price of a new tire. Which is kind of lame because the adjuster said the tire was near bald.. which i know for sure is not true because they have about 50% tread left..
Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

save yourself the trouble and sell me the driveline
Old 02-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Staging Lane

Burn it to the ground. Keep the emblems as a momento.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BayareaCobra
Burn it to the ground. Keep the emblems as a momento.
wow , good advice.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
wow , good advice.
hes just repeating it because thats what everyone tells him to do with his mustang.... he doesnt know any better
Old 03-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Should my car ever burn i would stay put, buckle my seatbelt and enjoy the ride..
Old 03-01-2009, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS2Jitsu
Should my car ever burn i would stay put, buckle my seatbelt and enjoy the ride..
in the straightest way that a man can love another man, i love you for saying that.