General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Cammed GMMG Sound?! Civilized?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Cammed GMMG Sound?! Civilized?

hey guys i got my mind set on a gmmg exhaust. i got a 2002 ws6 with a torquer V2 cam LTs and no cats. if anyone is running a cammed car with the same exhaust set up, question: is it tolerable for the neighbors, and can i get a sound clip?

Thx guys,
Tom
Old 09-03-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

reading your sig, i would assume a gmmg would not be as loud as your LM1
i would like to hear a clip as well...
Old 09-03-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looked TORCHD02TA on here. he is cammed with LTs, no cats and GMMG. it sounds really good
Old 09-04-2009, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blacklightning744
hey guys i got my mind set on a gmmg exhaust. i got a 2002 ws6 with a torquer V2 cam LTs and no cats. if anyone is running a cammed car with the same exhaust set up, question: is it tolerable for the neighbors, and can i get a sound clip?

Thx guys,
Tom
I would let you hear mine but GMMG wont ship mine to me. I'm sure its a great system but theyre not the best company I've ever dealt with. Its been over 3 weeks since I paid for mine.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:24 AM
11 Second Club

I'll try to get a sound clip of mine up tommorrow. I think it sounds AWSOME. Some people say its too raspy, some people dont care. I have Pacesetter LT, TSP ORY, and GMMG catback, and I love it.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:25 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
I would let you hear mine but GMMG wont ship mine to me. I'm sure its a great system but theyre not the best company I've ever dealt with. Its been over 3 weeks since I paid for mine.
Sometimes it gets pretty hectic over there... Im sure there is something going on nice guys to deal with.

Im glad I live close, I just went over there and picked mine up. LOL.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Launching!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SMOKNSS
I'll try to get a sound clip of mine up tommorrow. I think it sounds AWSOME. Some people say its too raspy, some people dont care. I have Pacesetter LT, TSP ORY, and GMMG catback, and I love it.
hey thx, i apericiate it, yea my LM1 one sounded like a a damn Grenede lol, i got the cops called on me twice in my neighborhood just idling. it was way to loud for my liking anyway, it sounded good but let me put it this way, if i drove my a cop i immediately threw the car in neutral cuz i was a ffraid theyd pull me over lol. im lookin for something that is a lil on the loud side really good tone, but at the same time not sounding like the end of the world.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:02 AM
TECH Veteran

from what i know its a lengthy process to make them. they dont just stock these ready to ship like any other catback
Old 09-04-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Part of the problem as I understand it is GMMG DOESN'T make them so they are at the mercy of their supplier...

I dunno bud..... GMMG is loud IMO.....
Old 09-04-2009, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

GMMG without cats is RASPY. I would put some high flow cats on it! Or you can put Borla Bullet muffler in the I pipe

Last edited by SOM02WS6; 09-04-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

GMMG with a cam will be extremely loud even with cats. I had to add another GMMG muffler in the I pipe to tone it down. Even with that I still don't start it early in the morning and use my daily driver instead when I work really early at work.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Launching!

what about the stainless works exhaust, doesnt that have 3 mufflers?
Old 09-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JScamaro
GMMG with a cam will be extremely loud even with cats. I had to add another GMMG muffler in the I pipe to tone it down. Even with that I still don't start it early in the morning and use my daily driver instead when I work really early at work.
n e chance i can get a sound clip?
Old 09-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Launching!

also even it being loud, wouldnt it still be quieter than my original SLP LM1?
Old 09-04-2009, 04:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SMOKNSS
Sometimes it gets pretty hectic over there... Im sure there is something going on nice guys to deal with.

Im glad I live close, I just went over there and picked mine up. LOL.
lol. When I ordered my GMMG catback it took about 2-3 weeks before they shipped it out and email responses took about 3-4 days. It was definatley worth the wait though. Now all I have to do is get my headers and catted Y-pipe put on.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
looked TORCHD02TA on here. he is cammed with LTs, no cats and GMMG. it sounds really good
I second Hitman. TORCHD02TA's ride sounds good. And he'll be happy to tell you it does.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mumbles
I second Hitman. TORCHD02TA's ride sounds good. And he'll be happy to tell you it does.
yea it sounds sick as hell, and like i said it can't be worse than a LM1 catless.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Hey bringing up another topic for discussion, whats everyone think about that Stainless Works System that has 3 chambered mufflers on it?
Old 09-10-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Addict

After just 1 month of waiting, I finally received my GMMG system today & installed it after work. Damn, it is loud but I love it & its hard to resist puttin the hammer down

Originally Posted by SOM02WS6
GMMG without cats is RASPY. I would put some high flow cats on it! Or you can put Borla Bullet muffler in the I pipe
I will agree it does have some rasp to it, one of the things I was a lil concerned about when ordering but IMO its a GOOD rasp. No cats here, I am not changin nothin. It has a very nice crackle to it.

Originally Posted by Blacklightning744
yea it sounds sick as hell, and like i said it can't be worse than a LM1 catless.
After driving mine tonight, as loud as it is, its hard to believe the LM1 is much louder. Mine is pretty loud, but it put a big grin on my face every time I got on it
Old 09-10-2009, 01:22 AM
TECH Veteran

After just 1 month of waiting, I finally received my GMMG system today & installed it after work. Damn, it is loud but I love it & its hard to resist puttin the hammer down

I will agree it does have some rasp to it, one of the things I was a lil concerned about when ordering but IMO its a GOOD rasp. No cats here, I am not changin nothin. It has a very nice crackle to it.

After driving mine tonight, as loud as it is, its hard to believe the LM1 is much louder. Mine is pretty loud, but it put a big grin on my face every time I got on it
i know what you mean about the LM1 volume. i actually think the GMMG is louder

Quick Reply: Cammed GMMG Sound?! Civilized?