General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Does anyone hated his fbody someday ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98TAjwh
you probably need to upgrade your suspension
throw the BMR, SPOHN or UMI Catalog at your car$ and throw some bilsteins on the 4 corners. I sold my 02 SS after heavily modding it, bought it off the showroom floor in 02 -5 years later & LOTS OF $$$$ sold it for an 07 C6 Vette-I regret selling my F-body-just me-a muscle car guy. I just bought a 00 B4C Code car plan to reincarnate my 02 SS
Old 10-21-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

never, ever, ever, get rid of mine. i get pissed when **** breaks but what hey.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

At first I never considered getting shocks and springs, then I got pretty satisfied with the performance level of my car so I was bored and bought a set of Eibach shocks and Vogtland springs. Wow the difference is HUGE, the car handles and rides so much better and not to mention looks even meaner. Even my friend who drives a gay nissan who always said my car rides like **** sat in it after and said he felt a huge difference. If I ever get another fbody which I probably never will unless my WS6 is burned, crushed, and dumped in the pacific. Shocks and Springs will be my very first mod.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ive had my SS over ten yrs. its not longer a DD but i still enjoy it. yes, it need repairs constantly. (little PITA stuff) but i still enjoy it. ive upgraded most of my drivetrain so it never is boring. ill agree with getting a quality shock. my car feels so much different. it rides like a brand new car now.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:06 AM
11 Second Club

I sold my 2000 Trans Am in 2007 because I wanted a nicer interior and something less wild so I bought a loaded 4 door duramax and needless to say this summer I sold the duramax and bought a cheaper work truck and a 2002 SS back. Slow windows, bumpy ride etc. bothered me too but i ended up missing a V8 sports car more than I thought I would. I would have gone with a C5,C6, or G8 GXP instead for something a little nicer but it was to far of a stretch for my pocket book. I love my SS now even though after my heads/cam on stock tuning it runs like crap wating till next spring to dynotune
Old 10-23-2009, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
these might just be my next mod then. and this year was my first bier brothers, it was pretty damn cool. that one guy in the fox must have hated his tires, cuz those 20 second burnouts every 30 minutes destroyed them lol. hopefully ill see you and your car around.
You should definitely invest in some konis, you'll love them. Do you ever take your car out on the backroads of hwy 94 and hwy F?
And Ill gladly give you a ride in my car to show you the difference, but keep in mind that I have Sam's swaybars and springs as well so its not going to be the same.
I left right before all the burnouts (had to go to work) and the only one I saw was the guy in the black LPE C6 Z06. If you walked around the show you probably saw my car, I was parked next to a candy apple red C5.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
You should definitely invest in some konis, you'll love them. Do you ever take your car out on the backroads of hwy 94 and hwy F?
And Ill gladly give you a ride in my car to show you the difference, but keep in mind that I have Sam's swaybars and springs as well so its not going to be the same.
I left right before all the burnouts (had to go to work) and the only one I saw was the guy in the black LPE C6 Z06. If you walked around the show you probably saw my car, I was parked next to a candy apple red C5.
F is out by defiance right? me and a few friends have gone for some spirited driving along 94 and those backroads. i heard theres a few really cool hidden away ones from a few guys, something like T or that, ive never seen it.

and i might just have to take you up on that ride. i try to convince myself pwoer isnt everything and that i need suspension soon, so maybe thatd help suspension or wheels/tires is probably up next. ive talked to the guy with that "C5R." hes pretty cool, and said he wants to repaint that flat black, but ive heard alot of conflicting stories about his setup.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Teching In

ok...

well

look'

ill share something if yall dont mind...

i started with a red 94 v6 mustang 3.8 looked like GT oh wow it was the big thing girls loved it' it was pretty yehp looked real nice too sound system almost everything a 15 year old would spent on but hey...i noticed the difference when i got a 93 3.4 camaro and seriously that thing felt like a v8 dunno why, but the accelaration to top speed and posi rear was no joke' so i was curious about the Z28 i wanted one, and ofcourse the SS
then i had a 4th gen 99 3.8 firebird white on white covertible but it still wasnt V8
my next target was a Z28 LT1 atleast but i came across my cousins
Salvaged! 98 silver transam 5.7 LS1 which was pre-owned by another cousin i offered to buy it for the intention to keep it in the family everyone loved that car, i had an accident and it got totaled i was pissed it was just too much invested in the car. i let the insurance know about everything that car had and they payed me double what i payed for it even it was salvaged! PLUS i got to keep it =] (that is prolly 1 special reason these cars are worth it for me )

so this is whats up, i was with out an f-body for lets say... almost a year i was missing the car badly within the first 2 months so you can imagine what it was i was living hell. specially when i realized i didnt had an f-body no more and started recalling every special moment ive had with the cars' i was with out a toy! the 2007 4.0 premium pony package mustang i was driving wasnt even at the level my T/A was' it just doesnt compare the engine and still even the great look from the outside'i still couldnt believed an 11 year old car was like my brand new car of choice, so you dont know what you have untill you lose it.

and now i have the rare 1/84 bright purple metallic Trans-am T-top ramair hood LS1-5.7L alluminum which will be my sweet WS7 with 20'' chrome wheels that dont look bad at all c6 type/look alike even better' and this one im barely starting to modify previous owner is a ls1 member car came with long tube headers and borla cat back and the f-body trust me -turns heads because its just pretty impressive and it doesnt get OLD i felt like i was getting old at 22 but now that i have that car i seriously feel younger and rejuvenated when i hit the streets for good or bad i actually enjoy it because I KNOW the difference and feeling ill get if id be driving something else! sure the luxury cars are great and trucks and all that ive had other cars and trucks very nice and new with big rims u name it, but do you know what style and POWER! is... if your not enjoying ur not riddinn wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo t!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

As the band QUEEN said....." I"m in love with my car." NO....I like my car every day....
Old 10-23-2009, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

i got tired of a previous f-body, words of advice; put some money into the suspension, its like a new girlfriend after your done
Old 10-23-2009, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation
i got tired of a previous f-body, words of advice; put some money into the suspension, its like a new girlfriend after your done
I agree 100% with this. Probably the worst thing about our cars is how they ride in stock trim.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

well,

I wanted something more comfortable for a daily drive , something that has a good handlig too . I made searches in ford,bmw and nissan forums.

M3 is a very good car, BUT will be in debts problems !! financial situation wont be the same , and since family is first, TO HELL WITH THE M3.

350z as some said , chick car ,,, cars were made for both males and females !!! but it's really dam slow and the engine is ****.

I thought about a gt mustang and I wont buy a mustang just if it's a gt500 or the new sn197.

I love my car, unlike a guy who said I'm not a camaro enthausiast. But since I have a different situation , the temp here is damn hot and the roads are pumpy !!! I thought about something more reliable.

so I decided to keep my z and upgrade the whole damn suspension. I'll make a rebuild for the t56 cuz it has some bad synchros (driving with that problem makes you hate the car too) !! ...

and just replaced the slp lm1 with Borla xr1, car sounds lot better than the noisy rapsy lm1 !!

Thanks to all of you . Some of you wrote very good advices. and some of you were harsh but it's ok

will be ready to do the upgrades after three months.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
F is out by defiance right? me and a few friends have gone for some spirited driving along 94 and those backroads. i heard theres a few really cool hidden away ones from a few guys, something like T or that, ive never seen it.
Yep out in the boonies, some get really twisty and tight and to mix things up even more most of the roads are pretty bumpy, making it down right scary on the stock shocks...

and i might just have to take you up on that ride. i try to convince myself pwoer isnt everything and that i need suspension soon, so maybe thatd help suspension or wheels/tires is probably up next.
I was kinda in the same boat, but I just hated the way the car felt at higher speeds or when being pushed, it got nervous and squirly. After months searching on here I figured out it was because of the shocks, and replaced them with konis. I was completely blown away, and that's what got me hooked on doing suspension first. It sucked to be able to get up to speed really quickly but having the car feel nervous at those speeds.

ive talked to the guy with that "C5R." hes pretty cool, and said he wants to repaint that flat black, but ive heard alot of conflicting stories about his setup.
Most stories come from the fact that the car has had different setups and different tunes (specifically from the previous owner to him). But Ive been in the car numerous times and lets just say it isn't slow, it gets sideways from 60 rolls...
Old 10-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

Depends what you want F-bodys are great drag cars, not many things have solid axles anymore.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Teching In

My last F-body, a 95 Formula, I bought it 7 years ago with 110,000 already on the LT1. I put 157,000 more miles on it. It had 267,000+ when it blew a head gasket in January. Did I ever hate my interior.. no, not really.. Did it ever handle badly, no... Put new tires on it about every 2 years and always had it aligned (if needed) at the same time. Took good care of it

In fact only 1 of the 6 F-bodys I have owned over the last 20 years ever handled bad. The 1 started handling bad, because the stablizer bar or sway bar (don't remeber which) broke in the rear.

I am now on my 7th F-body. Just bought it last week. 2001 T/A 6-speed and loving it..

It is my opinion that if you take the time to take care of your car, it will give you a lot of miles and smiles.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hex04
My last F-body, a 95 Formula, I bought it 7 years ago with 110,000 already on the LT1. I put 157,000 more miles on it. It had 267,000+ when it blew a head gasket in January. Did I ever hate my interior.. no, not really.. Did it ever handle badly, no... Put new tires on it about every 2 years and always had it aligned (if needed) at the same time. Took good care of it

In fact only 1 of the 6 F-bodys I have owned over the last 20 years ever handled bad. The 1 started handling bad, because the stablizer bar or sway bar (don't remeber which) broke in the rear.

I am now on my 7th F-body. Just bought it last week. 2001 T/A 6-speed and loving it..

It is my opinion that if you take the time to take care of your car, it will give you a lot of miles and smiles.
I agree with the above!

Plus, why would anyone buy a Camaro or Firebird for the interior? Second, why would someone purchase one as a sole daily driver? That's just being stupid.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Demon 383
I agree with the above!

Plus, why would anyone buy a Camaro or Firebird for the interior? Second, why would someone purchase one as a sole daily driver? That's just being stupid.
I don't know if i want to agree or disagree with this. Honestly man i wanted my first car to be car that looks good and drives great.

Still in college, I don't have the funds to have a dd duramax or even a cheap honda civic.

Your saying anyone that drives these cars are fools for having it in dd duty?
Old 11-11-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

yeah i can't agree with the dd idiot. I dd my cammed ls1 t/a and have absolutely no problmes with it in rain, shine, snow, w/e. If you take care of it it will take care of you. Added sound deadening to the car over last winter break and now even long highway drives are enjoyable.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm about to reignite the love for my car. She's been sitting in the driveway for 6 months, in that time I've ridden 1400 miles on my bicycle commuting to work and school. About to reignite my neighbors hate for the car too H/C/I and Stall to go with the longtubes and TSP rumbler...
Old 11-15-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

A buddy of mine had a 540 BMW, nice car but damn did he take it in the shorts when it had to go in for maintenace. Rest assured outside of changing oil you ain't workin on a BMW so if your gonna go there you better have some very deep pockets. Nothing is cheap on a BMW.

I've had a lot of muscle cars, mustangs, trans-ams, camaros all different years. I have to say the LS1 F-body platform is by far the best bang for the buck. Yes the creature comforts suffer a bit and it does ride like a truck but hey its a muscle car not a lincoln. Keep in mind this comes from the same guy who wishes you could get a new camaro with no ac no power anything. All I want is a 6 manual and the biggest engine they can stuff in it.

Quick Reply: Does anyone hated his fbody someday ?