General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

any trans am owners ever get this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
its one or the other i think. either they love the camaro and hate the ta, or love the ta and hate the camaro.
Quite a lot of people don't think F-bodies look good at all.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1998_trans_am_ls1
so today in class me and a buddy were talking about cars and he pretty much said my trans am was a nice car but they are butt ugly and he likes camaros alot more (he likes imports.) so atleast he likes some sort of muscle car. this is the second time this has happend its a either love or hate thing i guess you either love trans ams or hate them. haha but 2 people calling it ugly doesnt say much everyone else loves it.
I've always liked the looks of the TransAm/Firebird over the Camaro.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by myk
I love the nostrils/holes up front and the muscular, sweeping angles and shapes. Whatever the designers were smoking must've been some good s**t.
Agreed. The 4 hole "nostril" hood is bad-assed. Even more so than the current Camaro IMHO. Every time I see a 2k+ Trans-Am I drool. Especially a black one with chrome wheels. Love those cars. I wish GM could have made a new TransAm. I was looking more foward to it than the Camaro. And I am a Mustang guy.

This, but with a "modern" 4 hole intake design

Old 12-06-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

I however, do not like those wheels on the image above.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trans Am looks better than anything else..

/thread

Old 12-06-2009, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by myk
I'm not trying to start anything here, but looking at the G8 GT head on you can see the design influence and heritage that can easily be traced back to the LS1 T/A. So what's the difference?

As for the LS1 Camaro, everyone generally agress that the 73 Camaro RS had one of the best looking front ends ever made; the LS1 Camaro takes that look and perfects it...
You mean this?

If so, I have ALWAYS thought that was butt-ugly.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slayerized6
most people who comment my car give me positive feedback. once in a while i get the typical "batmobile" or "space ship" term being dropped, but i could give a **** less. Most people are shocked that my car is nearly 12 years and still looks modern.
And what EXACTLY is wrong with looking "batmobile" or modernish? Nothing at all. I LOVED the batmobile. It's why I like the "New Edge" body styling over the 2005 Mustang. It seems Ford took a 2004 Mustang and a 2005 Mustang to make the 2010 Mustang. I wasn't thrilled about the looks of the 2005-2009 Mustangs. I understood the vintage throwback look, but I like the modern looks better. The newest GT looks meaner, and more modern than the 05-08 GT. IMHO. I dislike the bubbly 1994-98 Mustangs. It wasn't till the 99 NewEdge came out did I start freaking out about them. Still do. They look mean from the front and the back. The WS6 T/A still looks better IMHO. Faster too.

I also love the honeycomb lights in the back. Damned sexy.

If I wanted a "tame" "sleeper" look I would have gotten something slower. If I have a fast car, It should LOOK fast. I love what GM/Ford did with their sports cars in 99-2002 years. They need to go back with the modernization.

The Camaro could have been more modern looking than it is. Having said that, it still looked more modern than the 05-09 Mustangs. My fav stang right now is the 03-04 Mach1s.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default good tackie

I personally will admit the WS6 do'es look tackie, I like tackie. I've only recieved compliments on my WS6.

one thing I can't figure out.

I pull into a gas station close to the track there was about 25 ricers there

one guy comes over and says preaty car.

?what doe's this mean if anything coming from a ricer? ricer insult stated nicely? or is this how ricers talk? either way I was cool and said thanks I guess.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

Guys... cars are cars. Stop being so closed minded. There are lots of great cars out there and most of them are not made by GM.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dragonrage
There are lots of great cars out there and most of them are not made by GM.
Except for the Trans Am.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Rockstar

Guys... cars are cars. Stop being so closed minded. There are lots of great cars out there and most of them are not made by GM.
Every post of yours that I see is so hate filled, almost anti F-Body, are you sure you're on the right forum?
Old 12-06-2009, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
Except for the Trans Am.

Not anymore!
Old 12-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

i think the 4th gen. firebirds and trans-ams are some of the sexiest damn cars out there. and thats why i drive one. never had one person call my car ugly. ever.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
ls1 t/a is the sweetest looking goddamn thing gm has ever made imo
Everyone who has seen my car loved it...
SAME HERE.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
Every post of yours that I see is so hate filled, almost anti F-Body, are you sure you're on the right forum?
Excuse me? Hate filled? Not at all. People like you think that anyone who points out something that they don't like about something that you don't like is a hater. Not the case. F-bodies are basic cars built around wonderful engines. I have not hated on anyone or anything - only expressed my opinion. So you disagree. Fine. I respect that. We don't have to like the same things.

Note the name of this subforum. "General LSX Automobile Discussion." I have an L76 which is in the LSx family.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdmanlt1350
i think the 4th gen. firebirds and trans-ams are some of the sexiest damn cars out there. and thats why i drive one. never had one person call my car ugly. ever.
Same here but maybe it is because I am lowered and a SOM car........
Old 12-06-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JohnFrazee02SS
Not anymore!
I hope this wasn't meant to say that the 5th gens look better.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 506 Likes on 365 Posts

Excuse me? Hate filled? Not at all. People like you think that anyone who points out something that they don't like about something that you don't like is a hater. Not the case. F-bodies are basic cars built around wonderful engines. I have not hated on anyone or anything - only expressed my opinion. So you disagree. Fine. I respect that. We don't have to like the same things.

Note the name of this subforum. "General LSX Automobile Discussion." I have an L76 which is in the LSx family.
You are quite right about your opinion but you have made the same point about 4 different times on this one topic. We get it already. You think our cars are ugly. Fine. Now go post elsewhere.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NC01TA
You are quite right about your opinion but you have made the same point about 4 different times on this one topic. We get it already. You think our cars are ugly. Fine. Now go post elsewhere.
It's no worse than people who keep posting saying that EVERYONE likes the looks of these cars. Seriously.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

You guys wasting your time on this thread make me laugh. Seriously, how can you possibily expect to change anyone's opinion on appearance? It's the most subjective thing possibile in this hobby. There is no fact behind, or arguement for, what "looks" better overall. It's all in the eye of the beholder. And sometimes, as we age, even our own opinions of what looks better change. I owned a WS6 Trans Am for over 4 years, and these days even *I* think 4th gen Camaros look better than the T/As now.

Seriously, this entire thread is a massive waste of time. There will never be a right answer here.

Oh, I'd just like to comment that I think ever asian vehicle ever produced is butt ugly. Every single one. I must be right, because it's my opinion.