General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

what happened to the "street warrior" intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what happened to the "street warrior" intake manifold?

does anyone know the official story? whats up with this thing, i know mast motorsports got ahold of one and did some dyno testing with it. Ive looked and looked but have yet to hear what is actually going on with it, are they still going to produce it or what?
Old 05-23-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its actually on bigfoots 4v LS1 right now.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
Its actually on bigfoots 4v LS1 right now.
oh ok i could have sworn it as on the lockness monsters honda civic.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

think its dead ..
Old 05-24-2010, 05:44 AM
On The Tree

i work for a local NAPA, we just got a new aftermarket book (2010) and in the intake section, there is a full one page color ad for this intake (street warrior). why are they still on advertising campaign if not in works? i called the supplier company, they said in stock ready to ship. i ask how many, they said 14 available. i thought "i'm gonna make some $$$ on these." i asked for holley's number and called them, they just laughed!!! i was told that first shipment of intakes were no good and all plans are off until they can find someone (company) that can produce them to spec. they didn't elaborate if they just didn't fit, or didn't flow, or had poka dots, or whatever. my GUESS is that it will eventually show up, although it won't make the numbers originally advertised. it will be hush hush until real world dyno results come in. would i buy one?: depends on price. if it is considerablly cheaper than FAST with similar resutls, sure. cost more than ls6, produce similar numbers, hell no. all in all, my bet: 1.5-2 years. my old fashioned ls1 intake will have to hold on until then....
Old 05-24-2010, 07:00 AM
TECH Resident

Ohh... you mean the intake on chester cheetah's DOHC
ls1?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

vaporware.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Talk about a huge disappointment...
Old 05-26-2010, 06:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They realized it didn't make the power the promised, or at least they couldn't sell it for what they said they could. No matter what, it didn't live up to what they promised. However, I believe it could eventually show up under a different name, since all the R&D would be wasted, but not under the premise of the SW's massive gains.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Banned

sure was a cool looking intake!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jon87transam
i work for a local NAPA, we just got a new aftermarket book (2010) and in the intake section, there is a full one page color ad for this intake (street warrior). why are they still on advertising campaign if not in works? i called the supplier company, they said in stock ready to ship. i ask how many, they said 14 available. i thought "i'm gonna make some $$$ on these." i asked for holley's number and called them, they just laughed!!! i was told that first shipment of intakes were no good and all plans are off until they can find someone (company) that can produce them to spec. they didn't elaborate if they just didn't fit, or didn't flow, or had poka dots, or whatever. my GUESS is that it will eventually show up, although it won't make the numbers originally advertised. it will be hush hush until real world dyno results come in. would i buy one?: depends on price. if it is considerablly cheaper than FAST with similar resutls, sure. cost more than ls6, produce similar numbers, hell no. all in all, my bet: 1.5-2 years. my old fashioned ls1 intake will have to hold on until then....
You should order all 14 from your supplier and then call and complain daily that they are taking too long to ship. Order them COD, you'll ever have to pay for them.. but it would be fun bugging them.

Quick Reply: what happened to the "street warrior" intake manifold?