General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I took my car to a Chevy Dealership and now my car has a horribly loud noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^this is what I was thinking. 21,000 plus alot of interest vs few hundred to fix car now and have a faster car. I understand you didn't want to deal with the car but at least consider the alternatives. like someone said few posts above the car was just given away basically. I would have bought the car for 2,000 lOL!!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 506 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
Two grand on the spot.

I'm not going to be hating life, yeah its not as fast as my WS6 but I dont have to worry about the window motors, or the car falling apart more. Plus the TA was on its final breathe's of life and I dont have the money to fix it.
I totally understand your decision to get rid of the car but since you probably needed a loan for a new ride I sure would have liked to see you opt for the extra $100 per month, or whatever the difference would have been, to get the '11 GT since speed is so important to you. It isn't considered 'slow' by anyone. 'Settling' for something so expensive is never a good idea but I hope it works out for you in the long run. Good luck with it! It certainly is a reliable car which you will truly appreciate for awhile.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two grand on the spot.

I'm not going to be hating life, yeah its not as fast as my WS6 but I dont have to worry about the window motors, or the car falling apart more. Plus the TA was on its final breathe's of life and I dont have the money to fix it.
Sorry to say it but I think you got ripped.

I got $7,000 for my '01 WS6 M6, 96,XXX miles, no third or fourth and flashing SES light.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

I'd have bought your car for 2 grand bro. ****, maybe even 2500
Old 08-04-2010, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

you let a $7-8k+ car go for $2k over an issue that could be fixed for well under $500?
Old 08-04-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugh, man you gave it to them for $2,000? You could have sold it private party for so much more!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man you come to these boards for help, get good advice and then don't try to fix it? I understand if you don't have the mechanical knowledge but why not at least give someone here a chance to buy your car? lol I've seen rollers go for double what you got for your car....

I guess it is easier to do everything through the dealer but that's hard to hear, sorry. Hope you enjoy the Mustang.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

nooo noo, I only put 2k down on the GT and its a brand new car with warranty.

The Trans am alone was going to cost 1200$ JUST in labor to fix it, plus he said the lifters were probably bad as well. Another thing I was considering was any other damage that may have happened in the future because of this, that and my parents were not going to help me fix the car, the labor alone for fixing the car was ton of cash for me. I would of also needed a new cam, tune, maybe lifters, the labor was quoted as swapping the cam out only not doing the lifter work. By the time I rolled into ford it was barely idling and it was smoking out hte pipes. Trust me the Trans Am was unreplacable to me, Ill buy another one some day. Trust me I'm not going to turn into a ford ***, watching dog **** turn white feels faster than this mustang compared to my TA lol. But for 21k I think I got a good deal on it, thats a little more than a kia lol.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FireChickenws6
Sorry to say it but I think you got ripped.

I got $7,000 for my '01 WS6 M6, 96,XXX miles, no third or fourth and flashing SES light.
Not really, my car was pretty radical in terms of mods and it was barely running and puffing out smoke. I'd say I got pretty lucky for them to even take it in, I don't think the Trans Am would of made the 5 mile trip back home.

I dont have the mechanical know how and the tools to work on a car like that. So it was either pay a ridiculous repair bill (which I simply couldnt afford) and possibly have something else go wrong. Or get a brand new mustang :/
Old 08-04-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

nooo noo, I only put 2k down on the GT and its a brand new car with warranty.

The Trans am alone was going to cost 1200$ JUST in labor to fix it, plus he said the lifters were probably bad as well. Another thing I was considering was any other damage that may have happened in the future because of this, that and my parents were not going to help me fix the car, the labor alone for fixing the car was ton of cash for me. I would of also needed a new cam, tune, maybe lifters, the labor was quoted as swapping the cam out only not doing the lifter work. By the time I rolled into ford it was barely idling and it was smoking out hte pipes. Trust me the Trans Am was unreplacable to me, Ill buy another one some day. Trust me I'm not going to turn into a ford ***, watching dog **** turn white feels faster than this mustang compared to my TA lol. But for 21k I think I got a good deal on it, thats a little more than a kia lol.
Am I missing something? The 2K you put down was from the TA you gave them correct??? 21K for a new GT is not a bad deal. You could have gotten alot more for that TA private party though.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NAVY99B4C
long as your happy with it man thats all that matters.

I just hope it gives your old car gets another chance to be taken and fixed by another fellow f body lover and not scrapped. There just cars but sad seeing slowly disappearing, them getting wrecked and totaled, trashed by non car people who dont care, or traded for 2010 mustangs! haha J/K man.

Lets see a comparison on the TA to the rustang
The Trans Am wins in everything except interior, I guess for a stock car the mustang isn't to bad, but the TA was my wet dream lol.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
Am I missing something? The 2K you put down was from the TA you gave them correct??? 21K for a new GT is not a bad deal. You could have gotten alot more for that TA private party though.
Yeah it was the 2k from the TA, yeah I know I could of gotten more private party, but when I say the car was barely running I meant it was BARELY running. It would die as soon as I stepped on the clutch, the oil pressure was dropping fast and it wasn't going passed 40 psi, the cam was fucked, the lifters were probably done. Could I have made more if I would of sold it private party? Yes, but I need a car I dont have anything else I can drive.

I believe the car is going for an auction, if it does I will post up the link maybe one of you guys can ****** it up.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not really, my car was pretty radical in terms of mods and it was barely running and puffing out smoke. I'd say I got pretty lucky for them to even take it in, I don't think the Trans Am would of made the 5 mile trip back home.

I dont have the mechanical know how and the tools to work on a car like that. So it was either pay a ridiculous repair bill (which I simply couldnt afford) and possibly have something else go wrong. Or get a brand new mustang :/
So when you first started hearing the noise you just kept driving it correct? Thats the way it sounds, which is a brilliant move. Well have fun watching the dog **** turn white, lol.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
So when you first started hearing the noise you just kept driving it correct? Thats the way it sounds, which is a brilliant move. Well have fun watching the dog **** turn white, lol.
No I parked it and went to my military drill dumb ***, it hasnt moved except from the shop to the dealership. Learn the facts before you jump on insulting people, a genuinely "brilliant" move.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Teching In

What a sad story Good luck with the mustang.
Hopefully you won't have to wait to long to get in to another LSX.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u could have sold it even with a blown motor for easily 6 grand i understand u needed the car but you just threw away atleast 4 grand for nothing
Old 08-04-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Regular

When I go back to active military Im going to buy a roller and stuff a LS2 in it and just keep it bolt on lol. I want a red or silver WS6, my black one looked bad *** but it got hot as **** in the sun.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

Good luck with the Stang man, you'll be back tho!

I would have personally freaked right the #$%@ out at the dealership if this was ANY of my cars, let alone my TA. I would have started the car, heard the noise, turned it off, found the service mgr and asked him when he would expect my car would be back to me after a free NEW engine went in, or rebuild. HIS choice, his cost.

I avoid going to the stealership for anything, but if I have to:
I log drop off milage
Tell the service advisor the car cannot leave the property without my consent
Try to watch a tech do whatever needs to be done(my buddy is a tech so we usually shoot the ****)

When I recieve the car back:
I do a walk around to make sure no dents/scratches/missing parts
Listen very carefully for anything for the first cpl mi

once you leave the property, it becomes alot of your word against theirs
Old 08-04-2010, 03:23 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

I'm just not making sense of how a $21k car is an affordable alternative when you don't have the cash to fix your current car. $21k is a decent chunk of cash, even with a loan (moreso actually, because of interest).

You probably could have gotten a much cheaper used car as a daily driver until you were ready to tear into the TA. I just don't understand why you went down this path when you say how much the TA was your dream car. There were other options man. I just hate to see anyone give up something they love so much, especially for so little.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

21k for a car is around 400$ a month with your average loan. I am very confused. Good luck with the stang

Quick Reply: I took my car to a Chevy Dealership and now my car has a horribly loud noise