General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

TSP True Duals? need opinions? Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TSP True Duals? need opinions? Please

How's it goin fellas n ladys out there! I have a question for you guys? In your opinion what do you think is the next best loudest flowing exhaust set up out there on today's market? With or without cats but prefer without cats! The reason why I'm asking is I currently have TSP True Duals with bullets and don't get me wrong I think that they sound awesome on my car Im currently pushing 470rwhp and I'm just getting tired of the loudness maybe Im getting old and Its just time for a change plus I would love to put a top notch stereo in my car and enjoy it without having to crank it up to concert levels lol please give me your opinions on what exhausts you like and recommend I just want a clean exhaust that's loud and has that nice lopey Cam rumble at idle! Thanks for your time and I can't wait to hear what you guys say! Have a safe weekend!! Benny Blanco Aka SVTKILR

If you have any video soundclips of your exhaust please post it so I can hear it
Old 03-25-2011, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive ran loudmouth, dynomouth, mangnaflow and now current TSP duals with bullets. The loudmouth was definitely the loudest one. Magnaflow is the quietist one. The bullets arent that loud as loudmouth but still loud enough to hear.

I just got rid of my magnaflow catback for the TSP bullets because it was too quiet. I have a 230 cam and you can barely hear my cam lope.

If you are trying to quiet it down, go with the hooker catback.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Your TSP Trues with bullets are quiter then your loudmouth setup? My Tsp trues are ridiculously loud and my cam lopes Luvly out them!?!? But thanks for your info bro. Benny
Old 03-25-2011, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

I have TDs also, but love the 4" Mufflex systems as well. Sound nice at idle and like a drag car at wot. The gmmg would b my nxt choice. Sounds Great with a cam
Old 03-25-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Dude your getting old! Enjoy the tsp's! If there getting old and you want quiet i would say magnaflow bullets will tame that pretty good.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
Dude your getting old! Enjoy the tsp's! If there getting old and you want quiet i would say magnaflow bullets will tame that pretty good.
I guess Iam gettn old I'm 35 and sum days I feel like I'm 55 and other days I feel like I'm 25 but that's when I'm at the track at 6700RPM lol but Yeah I luv my Trus but it's Been 8 years with them on my car maybe the GMMG Chambered is the direction unless sumbody else convinces me otherwise? But I do like the Borla Dual box tip look out the back and they give that nice wrap of that cam out the back!! I wonder if there's a way to put tips on TRUs instead of being dumped??? BB
Old 03-25-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

you can run tail pipes under the rear end and put tips at the bumper, but you will have to put flanges on them so when the axle droops you can remove the tailpipes so your rear isn't hanging on them.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:39 AM
Launching!

Thanks bro I'm just trying to picture what it would look like all welded up Im thinking it would look kinda of ghetto looking? Hummm??? BEnny
Old 03-26-2011, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

I had the TSP system for a while, both before and after my cam install. Before the cam, with lid and headers, it sounded awesome. I had the spiral flows. Once i upgraded to the cam it became unbearable. I had the money to build a complete custom set up with cats, an X, with edelbrock mufflers dumped before the axle, and its a night and day difference, obviously...

My impression of the TSP system is that its in expensive for a reason. Its a cheap, but very useable system. TONS of members have it. If you want performance and dont care about the loudness, get it...If you want something more bearable on your ears, run it out the back, or go custom...just my 2cents
Old 03-26-2011, 11:26 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Benny Blanco
I guess Iam gettn old I'm 35 and sum days I feel like I'm 55 and other days I feel like I'm 25 but that's when I'm at the track at 6700RPM lol but Yeah I luv my Trus but it's Been 8 years with them on my car maybe the GMMG Chambered is the direction unless sumbody else convinces me otherwise? But I do like the Borla Dual box tip look out the back and they give that nice wrap of that cam out the back!! I wonder if there's a way to put tips on TRUs instead of being dumped??? BB
I'm 34 and I really like my Loud Mouth 2. I don't think you're getting old, just more refined.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Benny Blanco
Your TSP Trues with bullets are quiter then your loudmouth setup? My Tsp trues are ridiculously loud and my cam lopes Luvly out them!?!? But thanks for your info bro. Benny
Yes surprisingly, my TSP bullets are a tad quieter than LM1. I have a 230 cam and i can drive around town no problem it is bearable and sounds good.

When i had LM1 it was very loud, raspy and sounded like a machine gun goin off with all the rasp and was unbearable.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

Dude, I was in the same boat as you. I bought a new tsp dual system, incorporatead high flow cats and changed the mufflers out for flowmaster 2 chambers and I love it.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

to the OP, you basically picked the most universal exhaust system on the market aside from complete custom duals.

the mufflers can be switched out to just about anything imaginable, as well as the pipes tweaked here and there to fit just about anything anywhere. thats why i love my TSP true duals. i can change from bullets to basically stock mufflers if i want to and not have to completly change the exhaust.

however, here's another viable option....cutouts.

got your TSP TD's...cool, now find a good quietish muffler you can handle on the street and here your stereo, then when you want insane **** the neighbors off, uncork the plugs and go wide open. even better get e-cutouts and with the flip of a switch you go from cruiser to top fuel in seconds.