General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

who makes good repair books!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who makes good repair books!?

who makes good repair books for 99-02 f body camaros which include wiring diagrams, and other repair and replacement information.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:22 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Nothing beats the factory manuals-you can pick them up on ebay for relatively cheap. They're more expensive than the parts-store manuals, but they give you EXACTLY the information you need to get the job done. Those parts store manuals are very vague, generic and at some point even tell you to take it to a shop on some repair jobs...
Old 06-28-2011, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myk
Nothing beats the factory manuals-you can pick them up on ebay for relatively cheap. They're more expensive than the parts-store manuals, but they give you EXACTLY the information you need to get the job done. Those parts store manuals are very vague, generic and at some point even tell you to take it to a shop on some repair jobs...
this would be correct,

gl op, lets us know if u find what ur looking for
Old 06-28-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a haynes book at advance auto part for 10 dollar, when it was on sale. not too bad information, enought of what I need to know.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

The Haynes manual walked me through a complete oil pan replacement, tranny drop, clutch install, and reinstall when i was 18. I suggest it.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by myk
This. The factory manuals are far more detailed than any of the Haynes manuals etc. I have both and there's no comparison.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

I just got a like-new set of factory manuals from ebay for $30. Keep an eye on the eBay listings and you'll get the 3 volume set pretty cheap.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

helms manual their phone number is in the back of the [owners manual] that came in the glove box of the car . i have a set for my car tells you EVERYTHING!! good luck..
Old 06-29-2011, 05:03 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't get me wrong, the store manuals are good for being abridged versions of the shop manuals. If you've got a lot of technical know-how they're fine, as they'll point you in the right direction and you can figure out the rest. But for people like me who don't wrench too often, I need every little diagram, instruction and piece of guidance in order to successfully change that blinker fluid. Also, I like the almost excessively detailed diagnostic tests that the shop manuals make you perform to help isolate problems...