General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

OBD2 gauges

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default OBD2 gauges

What's a decent inexpensive OBD2 gauge setup, regardless of size and/or quality. Just need something to monitor at least trans and oil temps on the track.

I used to have a Dashawk that I liked but I see they are discontinued. It's replacements (the Edge CTS and CTS2) are pretty big and nice looking, but at $300 and $500 respectively a little expensive. And they don't support trans temp. I had an ultra gauge, but that was crap as is the scangauge. Aeroforce is cool but I think they only show 2 PIDs at the same time.

Anything else out there besides the Android/IOS based apps like Torque? I find that those are not really quick enough through bluetooth (unless they make an OBD2 adapter for phones).
Old 07-06-2015, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by redtan
What's a decent inexpensive OBD2 gauge setup, regardless of size and/or quality. Just need something to monitor at least trans and oil temps on the track.

I used to have a Dashawk that I liked but I see they are discontinued. It's replacements (the Edge CTS and CTS2) are pretty big and nice looking, but at $300 and $500 respectively a little expensive. And they don't support trans temp. I had an ultra gauge, but that was crap as is the scangauge. Aeroforce is cool but I think they only show 2 PIDs at the same time.

Anything else out there besides the Android/IOS based apps like Torque? I find that those are not really quick enough through bluetooth (unless they make an OBD2 adapter for phones).

I have the aeroforce and love it. it can scan and read anything on the PCM. it displays two parameters at a time, but it can be set up to display different ones every five seconds.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge too. I got mine from the guy on here that sells them in the classifieds. I believe they are display models, they come with the bezel, machine lips, and the 5' obdii cord for $180 shipped. Sometimes he has them a little cheaper, but has different colors. Here's the link on ls1tech and he's good to deal with and ships fast. Just throwing it out there for you and the gauge looked brand new, not one scratch or smudge on it. You can see that it looks perfect in these pics, I know I'm always skeptical of things like this so that's why I'm posting pics.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...tor-gauge.html Here's his add in the parts classified

Old 07-07-2015, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Scangauge II. Works great. Reads anything the PCM puts out. Displays 4 gauges all the time. When the ses light pops on, I can check the code and clear it in ten seconds. Any color display u want. 150 bucks.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

does it show the air fuel ratio??
Old 03-26-2017, 05:12 PM
Teching In

reviving an old thread here-
Is there an obd2 gauge system that will output fuel ecomony data from a 0411 gen three ls swap?
I went and installed the scangauge E which works for everything except the fuel data.
thanks for any help here
Old 03-26-2017, 10:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LS Bertram
reviving an old thread here-
Is there an obd2 gauge system that will output fuel ecomony data from a 0411 gen three ls swap?
I went and installed the scangauge E which works for everything except the fuel data.
thanks for any help here
I'm not sure what you mean by 0411 gen 3 swap, but the fuel economy showed up on my old ls1 car on a aeroforece scan gauge.
It's also listed on their site as the parameters that work on this gauge.
RPM
MPH
Intake Air Temperature (post Intercooler)
Ambient Air Temperature (pre Intercooler)
Engine Coolant Temperature
Exhaust Gas Temperature (PCM Calculated)
Transmission Temp. (auto trans)
Manifold Pressure (vacuum/boost) displayed in PSI
Fuel Temperature
Battery Voltage
Battery Temp
Injector Pulse Width in msec.
Injector Duty Cycle (%)
Air Flow Rate into engine
Long Term Fuel Trim
Short Term Fuel Trim
O2 Sensor Voltage
Barometric Pressure
Ignition Advance
Base Spark
PCM Spark Adjust
Fuel Status (open/closed loop)
Wastegate Solenoid Duty Cycle (%)
Knock Retard
Knock Sensor Raw Voltage
Throttle Position Percentage
Throttle Position Sensor Raw Volts
Calculated Net Horsepower
Engine Load
Transmission Slip
Current Transmission Gear
Torque Delivered to Transmission
Torque Converter lockup status
Brake pressure
Brake Booster Travel
Steering Angle
Non-driven Wheel Speed
Lateral G's
Yaw
Fuel economy (instantaneous and average)
P-ratio - pressure ratio MAP/Barometer
2 user configurable analog inputs**
** 0-5v inputs can be configured to read the outputs from MAP sensors, Air/Fuel ratio k
Old 03-26-2017, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subd.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Sorry i have a chevy 5.3 LM7 in my boat with a 411 ecm- got a gps speed signal working and thought the scangauge E would give me the fuel data, sadly nothing.
ill check out this aero force system.
thanks

Quick Reply: OBD2 gauges