General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Welp, amazon wins I guess.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Default Welp, amazon wins I guess.

I guess I'm back to advanced auto with their online coupons or amazon sadly for my car parts.

I tried like hell to keep buying car parts from Rock Auto and others.. trying to support car parts specific retailers.. but they really screwed me.

Wheel hub, absolutely the wrong one even though it's listed in their parts tree for this specific car. Not an FBody in this case.

And their website "return" AI wizard wants ME to pay a HUGE return shipping fee for their mistake, with nobody to talk to to debate this with.

There is no support chat or phone numbers or email addresses to reach customer service AT ALL for Rock Auto support. No comment form. Nothing. You are at the total mercy of their "AI" wizard and its pre-programmed decisions. I searched their site and Google, no go. It asks if the part number on the box matched the web site, basically that's all it needed to know to pronounce this my fault.

I'm not mad about the part mistake, that happens sometimes. I'm mad that I have zero means to communicate with any form of customer service in any way to discuss it, or even report this as a problem.

Bye bye rock auto. I'll miss your magnets.

The bohemoth amazon wins again, as bad as I don't want them to. Hub ordered for the same price. Yea I know, quality/counterfeit stuff is hit or miss, but at least I can return things or at least have a customer service dialog.

Last edited by mk3cn4; 02-14-2024 at 08:30 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mk3cn4:
NC01TA (02-15-2024), slofut (02-15-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 03:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

I use them a lot too but I've learned to take a pick of every box and take a pic of each part.
Sucks but there are few good options with car-quest buying up all the smaller chains and neutering them to a tunup and oil change supplier...
Doesn't matter where you buy the odds are heavy that the parts are from Motorstates...
The following 2 users liked this post by pdxmotorhead:
slofut (02-15-2024), Y2K_Frenzy (02-15-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 07:15 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mk3cn4
I guess I'm back to advanced auto with their online coupons or amazon sadly for my car parts.

I tried like hell to keep buying car parts from Rock Auto and others.. trying to support car parts specific retailers.. but they really screwed me.

Wheel hub, absolutely the wrong one even though it's listed in their parts tree for this specific car. Not an FBody in this case.

And their website "return" AI wizard wants ME to pay a HUGE return shipping fee for their mistake, with nobody to talk to to debate this with.

There is no support chat or phone numbers or email addresses to reach customer service AT ALL for Rock Auto support. No comment form. Nothing. You are at the total mercy of their "AI" wizard and its pre-programmed decisions. I searched their site and Google, no go. It asks if the part number on the box matched the web site, basically that's all it needed to know to pronounce this my fault.

I'm not mad about the part mistake, that happens sometimes. I'm mad that I have zero means to communicate with any form of customer service in any way to discuss it, or even report this as a problem.

Bye bye rock auto. I'll miss your magnets.

The bohemoth amazon wins again, as bad as I don't want them to. Hub ordered for the same price. Yea I know, quality/counterfeit stuff is hit or miss, but at least I can return things or at least have a customer service dialog.
Sadly everything is heading this direction now. I just went through similar with Windstream, my telco provider. No way to get a human on the phone, all service numbers ring to the same automated vicious circle menu. Got the bright idea to call sales, instant human voice but with a thick indian accent I couldn't understand, I gave him a colorful message and hung up. I'm out 40 bucks with no way to resolve it.
The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (02-15-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

I wish it were reversed.

I wish RA had a killer Customer Service group and amazon was the one who had horrible customer service. As big as they are you'd almost expect that.

Unfortunately it's just the opposite.

I understand Hardees is planning on having AI taking drive-thru orders, that should be interesting.

When I get AI on the phone I just start hammering "0" over and over LOL..

I'm just venting at this point. Rock Auto, if you're listening you need to fix this. Every customer is going to need Customer Service at some point one way or another over the years, and they're gonna bail just like I did especially if the prices are about the same.
The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (02-15-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 08:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

If that happens to me, I put it back on the credit card company or payment company. They have a way to contact the vendor. I never had the CC company call me and tell me that I had to handle it.
The following 2 users liked this post by dw456post:
LS1Formulation (02-15-2024), NC01TA (02-15-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 04:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 506 Likes on 365 Posts

^^^ Yes, even with customer service (which is an oxymoron with some businesses) you need to rely on the credit card companies to make things right. You can't over use them though or they too will work against you. Too many claims is a negative. Save it for the expensive stuff.
Old 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Buried on rockauto's help page: (yes a human responds)

==> Question not answered above, nor on the other tabs at the top? Email us at service@rockauto.com
The following 2 users liked this post by markster:
mk3cn4 (02-16-2024), NC01TA (02-17-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 433 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by markster
Buried on rockauto's help page: (yes a human responds)

==> Question not answered above, nor on the other tabs at the top? Email us at service@rockauto.com
Good luck, Most of the responses from there are canned responses.
Sometimes it takes a few times before someone actually reads and understands your issue. You have explain over and over in detail the actual issue.
The following 2 users liked this post by 1FastBrick:
mk3cn4 (02-17-2024), NC01TA (02-17-2024)

Quick Reply: Welp, amazon wins I guess.