General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Bike or Mods for SS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bike or Mods for SS?

I am thinking of buying a 2005 R6, it is only going to run me like 4K which is a good deal. I have wanted a bike for a while now and I am really close to getting this one. My friend is trying to convince me to forget the bike for now and get a 12bolt and H/C. What do you guys think?
Old 07-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BLUE01
I am thinking of buying a 2005 R6, it is only going to run me like 4K which is a good deal. I have wanted a bike for a while now and I am really close to getting this one. My friend is trying to convince me to forget the bike for now and get a 12bolt and H/C. What do you guys think?
R1 or bust.

Seriously 4k is a really good price for that bike. I would get the bike.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

i have had lots of bikes....raced motocross, had 2 crotch rockets, selling a 1500cc cruiser right now....just not worth another payment to me....i will always love 2 wheels but i like my 02 SS alot better than any of them. I love putting money into a machine that can take you cross country w/ AC comfortably and be running 11's in the quarter.....which translates into beating up on alot of people in this town
Old 07-11-2006, 06:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Beater bike and all but one of the mods....

Seriously, unless you want to go touring you don't
need a dead-reliable one and unless you're dating
you don't need a shiny one. Ugly and good enough
will still put you in the wind.

I enjoyed my old CB360, CL360 twins as much, or
more than my Sportster and they cost me $350,
$450 back in the day, used. Easy to work on, parts
not a problem, points & carb with a kickstart in case
the battery isn't up to it. Simple enough to keep
running even with only a couple of years of wrenching
experience and minimal tools (hell, you could pretty
much disassemble and put it back together, with the
mini-tool-pouch that tucked into the compartment
under the battery).

Screw shiny.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From experiance LS1>Bike. I have a GSXR 600, I love the thing, and riding it is a blast, but I honestly just think "if someone hit me while I'm on this thing, I'm toast" I really couldnt put my family through that if its something I can avoid. I would rather have money in my car than the bike to be honest.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Just my opinion but nothing beats Riding ! I love my Z28 but I ride my Harley almost everyday to work. Plus It get's over 40 miles to the gallon ! You have a cool car already. Go for it . Just Ride smart !
Old 07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Banned

I wanted a bike in the worst way a couple years ago.

Then I had the scary reality check about how limited my life is and how quickly it can be gone. Doing 100 mph and having the handlebars slapping the tank back and forth is the one spot in time when you wish you never even thought about buying a bike.

Get the car parts, drive safe, and enjoy life a little longer.

If you ever visit the website www.ogrish.com it is nothing but the most graphic crime scene, death photos available. *Don't visit that website even for one second if you can't take gore and violence.*

I saw a picture of two guys that wrecked a motorcycle and it was the most obscene visual you can get of what happens to a bike rider when things go wrong.

The car will give you some chance, and you can't beat the rush of running up 2-3 gears in a H/C car.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
I wanted a bike in the worst way a couple years ago.

Then I had the scary reality check about how limited my life is and how quickly it can be gone. Doing 100 mph and having the handlebars slapping the tank back and forth is the one spot in time when you wish you never even thought about buying a bike.

Get the car parts, drive safe, and enjoy life a little longer.

If you ever visit the website www.ogrish.com it is nothing but the most graphic crime scene, death photos available. *Don't visit that website even for one second if you can't take gore and violence.*

I saw a picture of two guys that wrecked a motorcycle and it was the most obscene visual you can get of what happens to a bike rider when things go wrong.

The car will give you some chance, and you can't beat the rush of running up 2-3 gears in a H/C car.
I have had 3 close friends killed on motorcycles. I also have 2 friends who lost there leg from riding. In the spring Kid's are always getting Killed around here on their new bikes. My Uncle is a quadriplegic from a bike accident. All of them were Speeding ! My friends and Uncle admit to this and witnesses confirmed the other's were also. It is Hazardous to your health to ride. But your odds go way up when you don't ride like a Dick. This mite sound cliché but on a Bike SPEED KILLS ! I have been riding for almost 20 years (in NYC traffic!) and never went down. I am in an M.C. Club and there a members riding twice that long who have all their limbs and are still breathing that can vouch for this. That's because I Ride Smart (or I'm real lucky?). I don't Drink alcohol or SPEED when I ride. I obey all traffic laws. I read the road and I always make sure I have an escape route to maneuver out of trouble. Take a Rider's course or talk to a old Biker they will explain how It's done. I have been in a couple of car accident's though (speeding). That's probably cause I take more chances in my car than I do on my Bike. Also if you go to Ogrish.com look and see how many car accident pics they have. A 500 HP car is almost as dangerous if you Drive like a maniac. I'm not trying to be a Dick,I'm just sharing my experience and opinion. RIDE SMART

Last edited by NYC FRANK; 07-13-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mod your SS. i have a gsxr 750. and i pretty much parked it after i got my z28. riding is fun, but in yuma, the snow birds in the winter time don't pay attention, and in the summer time, it's too god damned hot to ride. in fact, i'm trying to sell my bike so i can pay some bills, and do a little modding to my Z.