General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Which car is more popular
Camaro
24.66%
Mustang
75.34%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Who gets more love Mustangs or Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 04:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy has a 06 Mustang GT, and yah he gets a few looks here and there, but when we are cruising around in his car he doesnt get thumbs up from people, or people telling him his car is badass, hes also got some appearance mods and is blown.

When we are rolling in my car i get constant looks and thumbs up, speaking of... the other day some older black guy basically jumped out of his window as we were driving, to tell me "Open that sucker up!" always fun to see people give u credit.

But yah in most girls minds they like Mustangs more because they are more common and still being produced. Like this chick at my work, she bought a yellow V6 06 Mustang and put "YOUWISH" on the license plate lol
Old 10-27-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I get a ton of compliments and looks in my camaro I think its because Im just so sexy. haha
No its really just because my car is so ******* loud, the constable pulled me over the other day to tell me he liked the way my car sounded, and since im on probabtion for racing with his lights went on, I need a new driver side seat. haha
Old 10-27-2006, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mustangs are everywhere around my town but only 3 f- bodys
Old 10-27-2006, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

noone knows what camaro's are but everyone love's them..i think GM did a really bad job adversising them, if everyone knew the performance and drivability and how good they can look GM woulda sold WAY more
Old 10-28-2006, 08:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Stupid people outway Smart people , nobody even know these cars are 6 speeds , and they actually think their 04 GT auto will take say a 02 Firehawk M6. I just said Fugg It a long time ago , just gonna be more dissapointed people thats all , just WAX their *** one at a time

Last edited by Adam_346; 10-28-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

i recall a camaro commercial back in the day something ab out kids listening to engines and describing the car
Old 10-28-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Adam_346
Stupid people outway Smart people , nobody even know these cars are 6 speeds , and they actually think their 04 GT auto will take say a 02 Firehawk M6. I just said Fugg It a long time ago , just gonna be more dissapointed people thats all , just WAX their *** one at a time
What happened to the rest of your post?
Anyway, I used to feel quility 'picking on' Mustangs, but if it's true that Mustang drivers are uneducated about the LS1 f-body, I'll just have to keep educating them.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

I'm in the same boat, Military town so a lot of "nice" ( ) Cars around. Everyone thinks they're fast and is always eager to try and pass me. Suprise suprise when 346 cubic inches of anger and hatred laughs at your puny 4 cyl.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Veteran

everyone and their mother drives a damn mustang, v-6 and v-8's!

But I like Camaros much better of coarse!
Old 10-28-2006, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

Found a camaro commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZwONYWUu0Y
Old 10-28-2006, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Camaros
Old 10-29-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Personally i love the fact that mustangs get more attention. Well that atleast seems to be the general consensus. I get plenty of looks from people, yea its true that they know nothing about f-bodies, but they still like my car. I even have a friend with a Tiburon Gt who thought me and him would be a good race , yea he has intake, exhaust, carbon fiber hood, all that ricer stuff...but that puts him in the 15's i guess? Mustangs do get more respect and are way more common and popular but i like that, that is the main reason i bought an fbod, plus they are way faster Sometimes it would be nice for people to respect my car and what it can do but the look on their face when they get smoked is always worth it
Old 10-29-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mustangs just have some kind of charm on people. Last week i was washing my car on campus and a new v6 mustang with the ghey "mustang" along the side on the bottom of the car pulled up to wash his car. Everyone flocks over to it to talk about how fast it is and how amazing it looks and how it is everyone's exact dream car. I did not get one stinkin comment on how nice my car looks. It doesnt bother me too much anymore cuz i just go talk to my buddies about how car ignorant people are and we laugh it off.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

mustangs get more love because they are more popular. damn gm for discontinuing the camaro!!

sorry... i guess i'm kinda late in this thread haha
Old 10-29-2006, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

I'll tell you what's sad. Around here people think that Mustangs are fast, and LS1s...wait, what is an LS1? I'm serious. I have had an LS1 car since may of 03, and I have slowly been educating people around here that the little GT ain't the end all of cars like they think. It just seems like everyone thinks a Mustang is fast, and even a full bolt-on car will get beat by a stock LS1 all day long with even drivers. Oh well, I'm glad there aren't tons of WS6 and SS cars running around like there are Mustangs, just makes it all the sweeter to have something different AND faster
Old 10-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

some people are just plain retarded. i was sitting outside in my car prom night waiting for my date to come out of the restaurant. my car was on and i was ready to go, and this lady pulls up next to me and asks me if my car is a firebird....... i said yes adn she totally beleived me, its hilarious and sad at the same time
Old 10-29-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Generally people think mustangs are faster, not really sure why. I hate when the DRIVERS of mustangs are so ignorant and think they are the baddest cars on the planet. It's one thing for people that don't own them and look from the outside and just aren't educated.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

I see mustangs everywhere I go that's why I didn't buy one. I didn't even know that a 4th gen formula even existed when I was looking for a car until I found this one. Everyone thinks it's a v6 and doesn't pay attention.

My friend has an 05 v6 stang with all the add on roush body parts with racing stripes and people go nuts over that car. It's a nice car but he's embarrassed to pop the hood. lol

I have a feeling that when the 09 camaro comes out the tables will turn big time....How can you NOT stare at that car?
Old 10-30-2006, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96formvert
I see mustangs everywhere I go that's why I didn't buy one. I didn't even know that a 4th gen formula even existed when I was looking for a car until I found this one. Everyone thinks it's a v6 and doesn't pay attention.

My friend has an 05 v6 stang with all the add on roush body parts with racing stripes and people go nuts over that car. It's a nice car but he's embarrassed to pop the hood. lol

I have a feeling that when the 09 camaro comes out the tables will turn big time....How can you NOT stare at that car?
easily
Old 10-30-2006, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

I didn't read every comment so if I repeat someone's I apologise.

I think the general public admire the Mustang over the f-body. I have driven vary few Mustangs, maybe 2-3 tops. From what I hear about the Mustang is they are driver friendly. Meaning they have a comfertable ride and handle well. Not to mention they are vary trendy.

F-bodys are for the muscle car and hot rod enthusiast ( Z28, SS, WS6, T/A ect...) They are designed for performance. One buys an f-body to go fast, not to have what everybody else is driving or to or to fit in.

It doesn't help that the f-body has been out of production for the past 4 yrs; however, the f-body has a lot of staying power to still be in as much demand as they are today.