General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Are the imports going to take over???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BananaHead
That's something to be PROUD of. If I could open my garage and see a z28 AND a Grand National, I'd pretty much be one of the happiest people alive!

Somewhere out there is a Chevy owner who thinks you're a redneck because you call people "dogg".

And those same Chevy guys are laughing at the guy who dropped 80k$ on a Mercedes because he thought that it would make him look cool and impress chicks.

haha You'd buy a chevy over a Benz if you had the choice and the money... thats classic.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I went to drop 80k on a car it's be an 06 Z06

My "every day" transportation is a truck. An American made truck. Import Trucks Suck.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Finite1
haha You'd buy a chevy over a Benz if you had the choice and the money... thats classic.

Damn straight, man. I like Chevys and I think they're great cars! What's funny about that?
Old 12-23-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

hey Rxmfn7 if you didnt like what i said you can get the hell out of here. i give respect when respect is due. i dont bad mouth imports, only the ones that give car enthusiasts a bad rep. AKA RICERS. i have respect for imports and the performance they can achieve; but that doesnt change the fact that I will never own an import (over domestic) for performance (unless its porsche, ferrari etc.), but even then if i had enough money to own one of those cars im sure i would have a badass domestic to compliment my ballin' *** exotic. good day
Old 12-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

No reason to get all defensive bud.. In all seriousness though, can you please explain to me why you would not want your camaro if it was made in Japan?

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
hey Rxmfn7 if you didnt like what i said you can get the hell out of here. i give respect when respect is due. i dont bad mouth imports, only the ones that give car enthusiasts a bad rep. AKA RICERS. i have respect for imports and the performance they can achieve; but that doesnt change the fact that I will never own an import (over domestic) for performance (unless its porsche, ferrari etc.), but even then if i had enough money to own one of those cars im sure i would have a badass domestic to compliment my ballin' *** exotic. good day
Old 12-23-2006, 06:59 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,724 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Not only would I, but I already have.

What makes you think that someone couldn't afford a Benz just becasue they choose to own Chevy?

I could buy a Benz any time I want. There is no reason why I couldn't be driving an E-class if I really wanted. But I choose not to, I like GM cars.

Also, I don't really need a $50K car to be happy. I like what I have.

I don't see the problem there?
Old 12-23-2006, 07:01 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Hey BananaHead, I see you live in Lake Villa. I work in Gurnee. I'll have to keep my eye open for your car. It looks great

Ever go to any local car shows/cruise nights?

Last edited by RPM WS6; 12-23-2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:03 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
My "every day" transportation is a truck. An American made truck. Import Trucks Suck.
Once I move closer to work I'll be getting a 2500HD for daily driving/trailering/snow plowing. Nice trucks, not sure if I want the diesel or big block though.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Rxmfn7
No reason to get all defensive bud.. In all seriousness though, can you please explain to me why you would not want your camaro if it was made in Japan?
i dont need to... cause it was made in the USA.. what was it that Ricky Bobby said? something along the lines of, big hairy ameircan... well, anyways thats what my chevy is.. good day BUD
Old 12-23-2006, 07:18 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by Rxmfn7
In all seriousness though, can you please explain to me why you would not want your camaro if it was made in Japan?
If the Camaro had been designed in Japan, it would look like all the other tiny import sports cars, and have a small displacement V6. It wouldn't be a brute of a muscle car with a big V8 and the all-American flavor that it has. That's why I personally wouldn't like it, if it came from Japan. It would be a different car, altogether.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

I suppose I didnt really come across asking what I wanted... I see so much animosity toward a certain group of vehicle, weather it be on this website towards imports, or on the other side toward domestics. Each have their own reasoning which may have stemmed from valid personal tastes. Some people like large displacement higher HP car which are generally much larger and muscular, which is what most US performance cars are. On the other hand some lke the smaller lower displacement FI cars, which is whats available from alot of import manufacturers. But to go as far as to say "I'll never own a car made in ___ ", just seems silly to me. If Honda came out next year with a 400HP V-8 RWD civic that could comfortably seat 4 adults, I see no reason why it wouldnt attract your guys attention. Same reason I like the way GM is headed with the new Sky and solstice.

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
If the Camaro had been designed in Japan, it would look like all the other tiny import sports cars, and have a small displacement V6. It wouldn't be a brute of a muscle car with a big V8 and the all-American flavor that it has. That's why I personally wouldn't like it, if it came from Japan. It would be a different car, altogether.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Hey BananaHead, I see you live in Lake Villa. I work in Gurnee. I'll have to keep my eye open for your car. It looks great

Ever go to any local car shows/cruise nights?
Hey man! Good to see a local bro! I try to make it up to the Grand Ave./Gurnee Mills McDonald's Cruise nights on Fridays in the summer! I haven't been there much this year but I plan on going every Fri in 07 if I can. Some wicked cars roll up there! Maybe we could cruise our Fbodies sometime!
Old 12-23-2006, 07:45 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by BananaHead
Hey man! Good to see a local bro! I try to make it up to the Grand Ave./Gurnee Mills McDonald's Cruise nights on Fridays in the summer! I haven't been there much this year but I plan on going every Fri in 07 if I can. Some wicked cars roll up there! Maybe we could cruise our Fbodies sometime!
I work right near that McDonald's show (I work down Tri-State Parkway about a half mile south of Grand).

I've heard about that show but I've never gone to it. I'll have to head over there sometime.

Maybe you could check out some of our shows further south as well. We've got a couple good ones in Mt. Prospect (saturday) and Rolling Meadows (friday).

Just keep your eye on the midwest section of this site. There's always a gathering going on somewhere.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
If I went to drop 80k on a car it's be an 06 Z06

I can agree here. I totally agree.. American trucks > Imports.. definately.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not only would I, but I already have.

What makes you think that someone couldn't afford a Benz just becasue they choose to own Chevy?

I could buy a Benz any time I want. There is no reason why I couldn't be driving an E-class if I really wanted. But I choose not to, I like GM cars.

Also, I don't really need a $50K car to be happy. I like what I have.

I don't see the problem there?

I'm not saying they COULDNT.. I'm just wondering WHY WOULD YOU.

I also dont need a special car to be happy, I like my car also.

Why though? why would you think a chevy is better than a benz??

c'mon.. an E320 on some 18's chrome > any chevy IMO.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:00 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

I'm just wondering WHY WOULD YOU.

Why though? why would you think a chevy is better than a benz??
Because a very good friend of mine is a MB tech, and I know what basic maintenance and repairs cost on a benz. I just don't like those cars enough to justify all the money to keep it. Not that I couldn't afford to if I really wanted it, I'd just rather do other things with the money.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

realistically you'd be sacrificing ride quality, luxury, interior, options, over all looks and styling.. I dont get that.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

I do have the money and I have bought Chevrolets (and some Fords) over a Benz, or for that matter over any other regular production car sold in this great nation that I love so dearly.
What is so odd about that?
Old 12-23-2006, 08:03 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

realistically you'd be sacrificing ride quality, luxury, interior, options, over all looks and styling.. I dont get that.
Not just over looks and styling (actually I really like the styling of most MB products), but over cost of ownership. I just don't like it enough to pay the much higher price of ownership over a Chevy/Pontiac.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nothing wrong with that... dont be offended. You're loyalty is really impressive.

I think just that for muscle cars and all out performance, American is better. clearly.