General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Are the imports going to take over???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Finite1
rofl @ this guy bringing up "You couldn't run my Z or my GN"

dogg I own my own house, 2600+ sq. ft. You think I'm worried about your ****** ***?

it's a Z28 and a Grand National AT THE END OF THE DAY.

There's a Porche and a Benz out there that says you're a redneck. do you gloat to people about how your car is fast in a straight line? NOBODY ******* CARES when they are driving to work. you wanna be comfortable, you buy a nice car... you wanna be a douche bag who thinks straight line speed is the end all be all of performance, buy american.

you douche bag.
My house is over DOUBLE the size of yours. 5400 Square feet. Yea, stick that in your pipe and smoke it "dawg"

As if that has anything to do with the converstation...

You're going to be down on his GN and Z28 because they aren't "Benzes" or "Porsches"?? Get the hell out of here, seriously. I wouldn't even consider buying one of those cars unless I had tons of money to throw away. Why?? Because they are extremely cost prohibitive to maintain, often break, and are extremely expensive to fix and buy parts for. Not to say they aren't nice cars, but they aren't worth the headaches. My Sister has an '00 VW, and that car has been nothing but problems. Cats and O2's going out at 68K??...GARBAGE, European cars are notorious for things like that.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2000SLPZ28
i'll die a chevy man, but... show me an american V8 that can withstand more then 10 psi. on a stock motor. as soon as i sell my camaro, im going to be looking at a supra. i love my camaro but i cant go to the drag strip with out it breaking. there's not a lot of imports out there that i really like, only a few, (supra, 300zx). and when we say import, we're really meaning japanese cars, becuase jags, merc, and bmw are concidered import too. and i think almost anybody on here would take a jaguar, or a bmw anyday if it we're handed to us.

just becuase some people can make a 4 cyl. just as fast as a v8 doesnt mean we have to hate them... unless there a complete cocky idiot.
Buddy you are only fooling yourself if you honestly think that a Supra is going to be a more reliable drag car than an F-Body. With the right mods, F-Bodies are bulletproof at the track. Supras aren't build for drag racing in the first place, and when you blow the motor/trans/rear/suspension on that, its going to cost you 10x more money to fix the problem and replace the parts than it would on an F-Body.

Get your Supra if you really think they are so great, but I guarentee you will be dissappointed when it starts falling apart on you and you have to dump 3x the value of the car into it in order to keep it running
Old 12-23-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Regular

rofl @ this guy bringing up "You couldn't run my Z or my GN"

dogg I own my own house, 2600+ sq. ft. You think I'm worried about your ****** ***?

it's a Z28 and a Grand National AT THE END OF THE DAY.

There's a Porche and a Benz out there that says you're a redneck. do you gloat to people about how your car is fast in a straight line? NOBODY ******* CARES when they are driving to work. you wanna be comfortable, you buy a nice car... you wanna be a douche bag who thinks straight line speed is the end all be all of performance, buy american.

you douche bag.
The way you come to this GM/Domestic site and run your mouth like a immature troll beats me. You state mostly you r opinion and rarely facts, that usually dont matter. Why you own a domestic f-body beats me, the way you talk bad about it also bothers me. I believe everyones intitled to their own opinion, but the way you are ignorant to what people say and keep changing subjects everytime you get proven wrong is sad. Do us a favor and sell your car to a more deserving person and Thank you...
Old 12-23-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You're telling me the stock f-body was as good as it could have been? Why should I have to replace my shocks when/if i hit 100k miles, etc? fender gaps? rattles? why should I have to upgrade my suspension to MAKE IT handle? feel me?

and to TransAnimal, you have a big *** house.. so props... but the only reason I brought that up is THAT IS THE REASON why I dont blow money on my car.. and if you read the reply that led up to my comment, you'd see he was mentioning my car as a POS cause it cant beat his Z or his grand national.. I'd rather spend money on good living, than just a car.

word.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

naaa I'm gonna keep with my car cause I like it and we'll see what happens 4+ years from now when i kick over 100k, wont be for awhile.

NO CHANCE of this car lasting 200k miles.. i couldn't see it. it'd be beat by 120k like most domestics. I dont generally keep cars longer than 2 years.. so we'll see.

and...........time for a blunt.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're telling me the stock f-body was as good as it could have been? Why should I have to replace my shocks when/if i hit 100k miles, etc? fender gaps? rattles? why should I have to upgrade my suspension to MAKE IT handle? feel me?
word.

NO CHANCE of this car lasting 200k miles.. i couldn't see it. it'd be beat by 120k like most domestics.
Yep, I "feel" you, DAWG. And then I think, why should have to upgrade my motor to MAKE IT fast? feel ME?

And I guess if I bought an import, I'd never have to replace my shocks and the car will never rattle! NICE!

You take care of an LS1, and it will EASILY pass 200k.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you wouldn't. not based on my first impression on basically every lexus I've been in. those cars are built to last FROM THE START.

i had a friend with a corolla that went over 300k and another with a pathfinder that went 240k. shitty, yes, but thats how the japanese do it.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

go find me someone with a ls1 with 200k+ on the motor without major problems that had to be fixed.. please?
Old 12-23-2006, 11:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
Yep, I "feel" you, DAWG. And then I think, why should have to upgrade my motor to MAKE IT fast? feel ME?

And I guess if I bought an import, I'd never have to replace my shocks and the car will never rattle! NICE!

You take care of an LS1, and it will EASILY pass 200k.
No kidding I have over 100k already and havent replaced a damn thing, besides regular scheduled maintenance. There are F-bodies running Heads/Cams with over 180k as DDs and numerous ones using spray regularly on the stock engine/drivetrain. So sorry Finite1 your stereotype on every domestic=unreliable is bs.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Banned

you wouldn't. not based on my first impression on basically every lexus I've been in. those cars are built to last FROM THE START.

i had a friend with a corolla that went over 300k and another with a pathfinder that went 240k. shitty, yes, but thats how the japanese do it.

Oh good! I'm glad you figured out how the shocks, and the rattles will be at 100k+, based on your first impression. Ask your corolla and pathfinder buddies what they did for maintenance.

Last edited by Asmodeus; 12-24-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:05 AM
TECH Junkie

if your having so many problems, seems like your the one to blame. seeing how many people on this forum are running head/cammed camaros with over 120k on the clock.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Banned

go find me someone with a ls1 with 200k+ on the motor without major problems that had to be fixed.. please?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=high+milage

and I'm specifically looking for the thread with the guy who was a salesman, and drove his C5 across country all the time because he hated flying. He was well over 200k and said he never had any problems at all. Not sure if I can find it though using the search.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:12 AM
Banned

I peronally have 94k on mine, have had it since 50k. I've done nothing but change brake pads, oil, and gear fluid. It gets a Heads/Cam kit this spring, and already has full bolt ons, and I run the car pretty hard.. a lot. It's never even flinched. In fact, I'm even on the stock clutch! Oh, I changed the sparkplugs for the first time when I went to long tubes. Forgot to add that one.

Maybe I should add "oil change mod" or "spark plug replacement" to my sig so I can be cool like you and your "fuel filter replace" mod.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not having "problems"

I do all scheduled maintenance and haven't had one issue under warranty yet.

like, I said.. maybe you can prove me wrong when I drive my car that many miles.

and stop bringing up this ******* bullshit about FACTS.. everyone in this ******* thread is using facts associated with personal opinion. start jumping on everyone else for using opinions instead of jumping on me, just cause I took the side of imports.

haha.. this is too funny... you guys are so hurt... HOW COULD he own a Ls1!?!?! OMG OMG..
Old 12-24-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=high+milage

and I'm specifically looking for the thread with the guy who was a salesman, and drove his C5 across country all the time because he hated flying. He was well over 200k and said he never had any problems at all. Not sure if I can find it though using the search.
Or just look at all the old highway patrol B4Cs that were sold and still running around with 150k+ miles.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I peronally have 94k on mine, have had it since 50k. I've done nothing but change brake pads, oil, and gear fluid. It gets a Heads/Cam kit this spring, and already has full bolt ons, and I run the car pretty hard.. a lot. It's never even flinched. Oh, I changed the sparkplugs for the first time when I went to long tubes. Forgot to add that one.

Maybe I should add "oil change mod" or "spark plug replacement" to my sig so I can be cool like you and your "fuel filter replace" mod.

You are a complete ******... and honestly if you looked around the ******* site, youd see the same **** that i put in my sig.

I simply added the stuff that I did myself, just cause I dont really know much mechanically otherwise and I was able to do things myself

you're ******* pathetic... come to AZ.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:14 AM
TECH Junkie

finite i think its about time for your blunt
whats so cool in arizona btw? besides the cardinals?
Old 12-24-2006, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

I'm not having "problems"

I do all scheduled maintenance and haven't had one issue under warranty yet.

like, I said.. maybe you can prove me wrong when I drive my car that many miles.

and stop bringing up this ******* bullshit about FACTS.. everyone in this ******* thread is using facts associated with personal opinion. start jumping on everyone else for using opinions instead of jumping on me, just cause I took the side of imports.

haha.. this is too funny... you guys are so hurt... HOW COULD he own a Ls1!?!?! OMG OMG..

No the point is that you talk so much crap about domestics, yet own one. You say so much about the US's education, business, and autos, yet you still live here? You come to a GM/Domestic site yet you take sides of Imports. You are an oxymoron to the textbook definition.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Banned

You are a complete ******... and honestly if you looked around the ******* site, youd see the same **** that i put in my sig.

I simply added the stuff that I did myself, just cause I dont really know much mechanically otherwise and I was able to do things myself

you're ******* pathetic... come to AZ.
Maybe you could add some Yosemite Sam mudflaps behind your rear tires and put that in your sig!. I hear it's pretty "1337" and everyone else is doing it!
Old 12-24-2006, 12:22 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

and stop bringing up this ******* bullshit about FACTS...
Facts are bullshit? Why, because so far every time my FACTS have proved most of what you think are facts to be just your opinion?

Let me add that I admit to putting my opinions into this thread as well, but the difference is I don't try to state my opinions as facts, which is what you have done throughout most of this thread.

Never once have I stated something as FACT that wasn't true, or that was just my opinion. Not once.

Last edited by RPM WS6; 12-24-2006 at 12:50 AM.