General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

did i earn it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did i earn it?

ok guys i dont know where else to post this so i guess its gonna be here. about a year ago i lost my dad due to illness. seeing how my mom died when i was 8 i got everything he had. using a bit of my money i bought an 01 firehawk just to take my mind off of the stress and to give me something to do seeing as my dad and i built cars it seemed like the thing to do. now ive got people telling me i didnt earn what i have and im just a spoiled little brat who just got things handed to him. seeing as how you guys are kinda like family and none of you know me i just wanted to get your opion on the subject. just kinda lost and pissed off and dont know if all these people are right or just dumb. thanks for any help in advance.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

1st off, and I know this was awhile ago, you and your family have my condolences. That must be a horrible thing to experience.

Secondly...screw the other ********. The car was hardly handed to you. I doubt any of the people bashing you would be able to go through what you have. If buying a car brings back memories of your dad, then so be it.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Launching!

thanks bro that means alot to me. i guess if there was any other family left itd mean alot to them to. kind of on my own at this point. i dont know its just hard
Old 01-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Teching In

its tough man....my buddy lost his dad like 3 years ago and got a big big settlement....he has been through 3 different cars each with over 20k into them. he currently has an sti with a built motor/tranny/rear huge turbo....and an x5.....so 5 expensive cars in under 4 years..i call this spoiled..

the hard part for me is that i lost my dad when i was younger....i was forced to drop out of college and get a job so i could help my mother pa the mortgage and household bills....so i am a little bit more biased......his dad dies and gets a fortune.....my dad dies and i get bills.

i guess if you keep that one car and dont blow the money away on mods and other cars your ok
Old 01-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Launching!

oh belive me i know what you mean. i got thrown out of school cuz right after he died the money that was supposed to be set aside for my college went to his bills etc. im just now getting back on my feet.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal_T/A
ok guys i dont know where else to post this so i guess its gonna be here. about a year ago i lost my dad due to illness. seeing how my mom died when i was 8 i got everything he had. using a bit of my money i bought an 01 firehawk just to take my mind off of the stress and to give me something to do seeing as my dad and i built cars it seemed like the thing to do. now ive got people telling me i didnt earn what i have and im just a spoiled little brat who just got things handed to him. seeing as how you guys are kinda like family and none of you know me i just wanted to get your opion on the subject. just kinda lost and pissed off and dont know if all these people are right or just dumb. thanks for any help in advance.

If we dont know you, how do we know if you ARE a brat or not? we are not qualified to answer that.

I am sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

do what you wanna do, screw everyone else.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
If we dont know you, how do we know if you ARE a brat or not? we are not qualified to answer that.

I am sorry to hear about your loss.
you missed the point i knw you dont know me meaning your not biased one way or another. im just the averge 21 year old guy. i work 40 hrs a week and go to tech school. my question was did i earn what i have another way?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

what other people think of me is not something i am concerned with. i may have a nice job, and a little money, but my days off i wear sweat pants, and a hoody. point being, don't be so concerned with what others think. do what feels right to you, and you will feel much better about life in general. just my .02 (sorry to hear about your father)
Old 01-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal_T/A
you missed the point i knw you dont know me meaning your not biased one way or another. im just the averge 21 year old guy. i work 40 hrs a week and go to tech school. my question was did i earn what i have another way?

No you did not earn what you have. You suffered a great loss, but you didnt EARN anything. Does that make you spoiled? Only if you abuse/flaunt and brag about it. Everyone has stuff they didn't earn. Who here changed their own diapers? Noone. What you have is just an extension of your parents benevolance. It doesnt make you spoiled. How you treat what you have and how you are does (or does not).
Old 01-18-2007, 02:12 AM
Launching!

yea i see what you guys are saying its just when these people telling me i dont deserve what i have are people in my own family who are pisssed they didnt have handed to me what i did it makes you wonder. just curious how i didnt earn it? i had to put both my parnets in the ground before i was 21. maybe its just me but to me dealing with that is earning enough. screwed up thing is i think you guys have given me more sorries about my dad then my own family. thanks guys
Old 01-18-2007, 03:18 AM
TECH Resident

Is "earning" it, the right word to use? Probably not... but doesnt anyone in your life/family see the big point?? you lost both of your parents before the age of 21... You getting a car is nothing compared to the loss of parents. I think its completely messed up that they are complaining that you got a car when they should be focused on the fact that you dont have parents anymore!! WTFFF a firehawk will never even come close to replacing your parents, but if it makes you feel a little closer to your father, then they should be happy for you, not harping and being "jealous" of the fact that you get a little bit of fortune out of your loss. Ya, I'd say you didnt "earn" it but i think its the least you can get out of all your misfortune, and something i believe you DO deserve. Im very sorry for your loss, but DO NOT let anyone discourage you about your decision on getting a firehawk. To me, hearing about your family complaining that you got a firehawk, just tells me that they'd rather have a car than parents . They have no right to make you feel the guilt that you are experiencing in my opinion. I hope that this car will bring you a little bit of joy out of this whole terrible situation and I hope your family/friends will look at the situation in a different light someday and be an encouragement in your life cause i cant imagine how much you need that. But hey, just remember that you can always find encouragement here!!
Sincerely,
-Ryan
Old 01-18-2007, 03:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Just for future reference - please post this stuff on our sister site Seat Stays Up.

Thank you.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:17 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

It would be nice to ask those bashing on you if they'd lost both their family members at such a young age. It's not like you're blowing through everything that was left for you, so if you purchase one nice thing what's the big deal....if it makes you remember the good times with your Dad, then why would someone want to take that away from you by making you feel bad. Some people.....
Old 01-18-2007, 08:13 AM
TECH Veteran

you inherited money. its just like for instance if you inherit a house from the same tragedy of loosing your parents. people will bash you for being "spoiled" where in reality, its rightfully yours because you are the next of kin. all you did was buy a car, not blow the money on liquor and drugs. now if you went that route then yes, you deserve all the bashing in the world. youre using the car for closure in some way, and theres nothing wrong with that.

enjoy the car and dont let anyone's jealousy get to you.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't get the problem, it's not like you even bought an expensive car. Tell the douchebag runnin his mouth that his shitbox base model Accord probably cost him more than your Firehawk cost you.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Spoiled? ha...there's no amount of money in the world that could replace family, and you know that. No matter what amount of money was left to you, it's not that person. And it's not like you're out blowing your dad's money just pissing it away, so **** them. Tell em they can talk to you when both of their parents die which is hopefully another two to four decades down the road. **** them man, you're fine.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Swang
Spoiled? ha...there's no amount of money in the world that could replace family, and you know that. No matter what amount of money was left to you, it's not that person. And it's not like you're out blowing your dad's money just pissing it away, so **** them. Tell em they can talk to you when both of their parents die which is hopefully another two to four decades down the road. **** them man, you're fine.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Getting a nice car as a momento to your dad's past of building cars and for your sake of rememberance of him, and your times with him is hardly a "handout" in my opinion. As long as you are carrying yourself in an acceptable manner about the car and take care of it like it means the world to you as if it were a piece of your father, then no I don't take that as spoiled by any means. Sorry to hear that, I can't imagine how hard that would be and am very greatful at 23 I still have both my parents and my grandparents on my dads side.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man you need a car to drive why no a nice one right? Sorry about your parents that must be realy hard. They are just some immature people talking about you man dont worry about it. You were fortunate enough to get a nice car. They are just jelous.