General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Should I keep the Z28 or trade for 350Z??
Yes
49.02%
No
50.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Kepp the Z or trade for 350Z??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97stroker
I hope you didn't expect anyone (except for BlackWS6) to actually tell you to trade the Z28 for the Nissan. I guess it was for your amusement. Anyway I hope you heed the advice of everyone on this thread (except for Black WS6) and stick with real car here. As far as Black WS6 guy, I don't know where you are located, but the only people drawn to 350Z's are the ones who can't handle a real car, and most of the time it's 2 dudes who are married. In Texas, the chicks dig the 4x4's and muscle cars, and the 350 Z doesn't make the cut.
I lived in south texas and all I heard from girls when I had my T/A was "Z this and Z that" when one drove by. As to the 350Z, do it, its worth more than your F-body $$$ wise, then sell it and get into a C5. Thats my advice.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CAMAROZ28AQUINO
Thanks for the unbiased opinion....i dont know what to do but i think im keeping the Z28, it has lower miles (only 30k) and i know its been treated properly...the Z is a bit rough
Holy crap, then keep it, I thought the 350Z was nice and worth more monetarily and thought you could make a quick money-play by pump-dumping it.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Camaroz
That's where your wrong. Don't worry common mistake
Ummm...I drive a WS6 and have played with Z's and ridden in them...no comparison stock.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by vodas00ss
I'm with you man.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
Ummm...I drive a WS6 and have played with Z's and ridden in them...no comparison stock.
I've driven a G35 and 350Z If you want to play that game
Old 03-12-2007, 11:22 PM
11 Second Club

My friend had a 6 speed 350Z and I drove it a lot. You would have to be absolutely out of your mind to trade your LS1 for one. Keep the Z28 if you don't want to kick yourself for the next few years.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
A lil advice to everyone....Don't refer to a Z28 as the Z when the other car is a 350Z and can also be referred to as the Z...And don't refer to the 350Z as the 350 becuse then it sounds like we're talking about the Z28...Its confusing
Sorry MOM, we'll try to stop refering to both as "Z", even though we all know there's only 1 REAL "Z"

I bet you like the sound of the 350Z also,

Old 03-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS#2906
Sorry MOM, we'll try to stop refering to both as "Z", even though we all know there's only 1 REAL "Z"

I bet you like the sound of the 350Z also,

I see no reason for all the hate directed towards the 350Z. Everyone knows it is slower than an LS1. NOONE in their right mind would dispute it. However, it was aimed at a totally different market. It is more refined and more directed towards handling, the F-body is more powerful and less handling oriented. I personally prefer the LS1, but why hate on teh 350Z? That is like an Elise owner coming on here and calling your LS1 fat and clumsy. Totally apples/oranges.

IF you want a car that purrs and has no wierd noises but is lucky to hit 270whp N/A and you just dont care, get the 350Z. If you care at all about acceleration and want to stay NA, I wouldn't go near it. It is "fast" for what it is (about like a 99-04 GT or LT1 F-body), but it will never have the potential of the LS1 to go fast. Handling, however, it is pretty proficient at.

I am neutral on the looks. I would take a 350Z over a base Z28, but I would take a T/A or SS over a 350Z. The one thing I will say is the Z does not look like a 4x4. The shop that did my tint had several Z's sitting outside with some expensive rims on them (HUGE lip, not too large of a rim, very clean) and it looked GREAT. The 350Z is all-around just more refined. Comparing the two is like comparing a .22 with a .45. The .22 is easier to handle and get good groups out of, the .45 just knocks em' flat and doesn't require a brain-shot to do it. Sorta like the LS1, even a retard can hit 13's in one. (Holy crap, I'm never running mine after saying that! )

Minus the damn stickers and I don't think this one looks too bad. (Pic taken by friend who went to NOPI)
Old 03-13-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
It has a different sound but its more of an annoying buzz rather than a real exhaust. Kinda like the srt-4's exhuast. It has a half decent "burbling/rumbling" sound but after a while it is just an annoying buzzing sound rather than a v8 muscle car sound. As for the trade i think that if it is a dead even swap (meaning your payments stay the same as well as the years on the loan) then do it and trade it in on a c5 vette/mach 1/newer f-body/cobra/gto, if not and you will be taking on additional years ont he loan then pass. 350z's are nice cars but you said it appears to be ragged on and is an auto so unless your sold on the idea then let it go.
dude i think they sound good, not when reved but when they floor it. You guys are making it seem like a pos car, it isnt. Yea there are downsides of it compared to the z28 but there are also downsides to the z28 to the 350z. But there is one thing that really pisses me of about the 350z's. You pay 500 dollars to get 15 horsepower. If you are planning on modding the 350 dont get it unless you have the money to buy a twin turbo kit than you willl beat stock z28's, SS's, T/A, WS6's by only 2-3 cars.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
dude i think they sound good, not when reved but when they floor it. You guys are making it seem like a pos car, it isnt. Yea there are downsides of it compared to the z28 but there are also downsides to the z28 to the 350z. But there is one thing that really pisses me of about the 350z's. You pay 500 dollars to get 15 horsepower. If you are planning on modding the 350 dont get it unless you have the money to buy a twin turbo kit than you willl beat stock z28's, SS's, T/A, WS6's by only 2-3 cars.
You need to share this mod with the Z community. Sounds like a pretty good price/whp gain ratio compared to what I normally hear about/see...

Also, wtf? with the 2-3 cars on a stock TA. 350znal(I belive that is his SN) was dead even with a cammed LS1 F-body that trapped 116 and even posted a vid on this site of the run.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Veteran

well sorry but i raced a twin turbo 350z last weekend, and lost by 1 car and im pushing 380 but i dont know what im talking about..also my bro has a 350z so i know what im talking about
Old 03-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Banned

well sorry but i raced a twin turbo 350z last weekend, and lost by 1 car and im pushing 380 but i dont know what im talking about..also my bro has a 350z so i know what im talking about
LMAO, so you think that if a TT 350Z can put 1 car on you then it could only put 2-3 cars on a stock TA? So that means you regularly have driver-races with stock LS1's. According to your logic my stock WS6 might have something for you...
Old 03-13-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think they sound bad, but the tone gets old quick. One of my good buddies from grad school has a 05 350z with a pop charger (basically an air filter/cai) and a borla catback and it doesnt sound bad, just not the tone im used to. Also, I dont think they are a piece of ****, if you check out my sig I sold my camaro and picked up a g35x, which basically has the same power plant as the 350z. I looked at 350z's, g35 coupes, and the g35x, and went with the g35x because of the awd. I liked both the g35 coupe and 350z as they were both pretty quick, but I needed the awd. I agree though modding them isnt very cost effective, but then again neither is any car once you start making some serious HP.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
LMAO, so you think that if a TT 350Z can put 1 car on you then it could only put 2-3 cars on a stock TA? So that means you regularly have driver-races with stock LS1's. According to your logic my stock WS6 might have something for you...

BLKWS.6 you have to be the only f-body owner on this board that legitamately hates his car and wishes he owned pretty much any other car on the planet. Im just busting your *****, but did you ever figure out the whole electrically problem where it was shorting out and dying on you and is it running ok now?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

lol, I havent heard really any V6 that sounds all that good, but really the 350z is about the best sounding V6 you can buy(well maybe aside from the Bemer M3 CSL ). lol that was 1 lesson I learned from the GTP, V6s sound like ***** when modded, as for the 350z, its not bad, but LS1 ftw....even if its a plain jane TA or Z
Old 03-13-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

You should do it! In 5 years your Z28 is going to be worth $5k or less and will be 14 years old. The 350z will surely hold it's value better. The 350z also has cool options such as navigation, heated seats, etc.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StealthZ06
You should do it! In 5 years your Z28 is going to be worth $5k or less and will be 14 years old. The 350z will surely hold it's value better. The 350z also has cool options such as navigation, heated seats, etc.
Finally someone thinking here! THANKYOU!

yes, my WS6 is now flawless, the TPS was bad (old owner told me when I called him) and that caused CC to pop off and the TCS light to come on and not be able to be turned off. I replaced it and that fixed that. The IAC being replaced got rid of hanging rpms and the fuel pump and window motor being replaced fixed those issues, respectively.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Same payments maybe, but what about total debt repayable with interest?

I'm guessing you're a "young" guy, maybe even a "kid", save your money for a while and enjoy the Z, drive it till it costs more to fix it than it's worth....even then you'll be better off fixing it and driving it for a while longer. Then when you're an "older" guy with kids and wife to support, you'll have some money to buy a fun car then.

......Advice from a 36 year old family man who planned ahead, saved money, and now has it all, rather than having to give it all up for the family.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by StealthZ06
.........Highly speculative, at best.

Cars are not durable goods, they lose money no matter what. The best way to minimize your loss is to buy 1-2 year old cars, and drive them till they're junk (zero resale value). Then buy another 1-2 year old car.

If the Z is in good mechanical condition, and YES it's still fun to drive, keep it until it's NOT. And you'll thank yourself when you have money later in life.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Teching In

it all depends on what you are looking for...if you want straight power then I would def keep the z28, if you are just looking for a newer car then go for the 350, as people have mentioned you can always trade it for something better... personally I dont like the way the roadster looks at all and would def take the Z28... or trade up for a vette/cobra etc

it must have been a very weak TT, or he was running on stock internals (low boost)... because well done TT 350's push over 500 to the wheels relatively easily...