General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My new car

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiz X
OH and how much money do you need to get your 700awhp?? Lets start with an easy 20k and work our ways up!
walbro fuel pump - 80
kenne bell boost a pump - 250
headers - 2500
e16g turbos - 1000
fmic - 600
hks dli - 500
rps clutch - 600
greddy e-manage setup - 800
LM-1 WB02 setup - 500
720cc injectors - 500
3" borla exhaust - 700

total - 8030

and with the wastegates disconnected and properly tuned this is what it will get ya:

Click here to see Video

or

Click here to see Video

spend another 1k on turbos and gut the interior and this is what you can get:
Click here to see Video

Last edited by Mellon; 03-31-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Teching In

mellon u are gonna hurt somebodies feelings with these facts...
Old 03-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tim Noel
Off the top of my head he has bought Dynamic Racing Stage 3 heads, Kormex trans, new shortblock, FMIC, I believe DR 19-T turbos, 720 injectors, 3rd gen lifters, 3SX motor mounts, all new gaskets, timing belt, tensioner, short throw shifter, clutch/pressure plate/tob, ect.. and some other stuff like Baer brakes/rotors.

I am not 100% sure as to what all he does have. That is just stuff off the top of my head that I remember seeing or him telling me about. He has spent a ton of money, and should have a rocket when completed.
stage 3 heads - 2500
kormex trans - 1750
oem shortblick - 2500
fmic - 600
DR 19T turbos 2500?
720 injectors - 500
3rd gen lifters - 200
motor mounts - 150
timing belt, gaskets, tensioner - 300
etc..

where's the other 30k you claimed he spend of the 35k you said.... I smell BULLSHIT
Old 03-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Teching In

what's A Chingy ?
Old 03-31-2007, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Mellon he spent the other 30k on spun bearings, everybody knows that. If he was smart he would just sell those capacitors that the car keeps leaking out and make some money back...

Here is a chingy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chingy
Old 03-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TrAb
mellon u are gonna hurt somebodies feelings with these facts...
I'm educating some ignorant fools, I should have been a school teacher Trab.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mellon
Tim, the majority of the 3S owners aren't kids because the until recently the entry price wasn't a cheap as a f-body. I'm 32 by the way.

also if you friend dumped 35k into your 92 firebird he wouldn't get anywhere close to that back out of it either.

anyway, the thread starter is proud of his new car and sure it's not going to go over well on a F-body thread, but the mass of misinformation here is astounding and all you're doing is serving to further perpetuate the myths about the car.

until recently I daily drove mine and it never left me stranded and that was beating on it daily. Properly maintained and driven and they are very reliable cars. Ignore maintenance and abuse them and they will fail, the same as any other car. It's just nuts and bolts.

the stock long block is good for 700awhp, now add ~ 25% to that for drive train loss... how does your v6 stack up? how about a lt1 or ls1?

my point is, each platform has their weaknesses and everyone has their styling preferences. I can appreciate both of them, no need to bash a guy for changing platforms... that is unless you don't want him back.

Chris, I was not bashing the guy. Alot were getting personal with him, but not I. I was talking about the 3s cars and the problems that come with alot of them due to being ragged on. Just check out 3si right now and do a search on all the spun bearing cars, ect..

There are more and more kids buying 3s cars due to them being affordable enough for most of them, now. Even Matt Monnett stated that there is not as much money to be made in the 3s cars anymore, due to more kids buying them and less adults owning them. The kids can't afford the work he used to do for the adults(folks with careers that could afford the nice work), since most live at home, go to high school/college, or work at McDonalds for example. I hope this makes sense as to what I am trying to say.

I am not passing on lies or dishonest info, but factual info if someone will take the time to research the issues I have mentioned. Honestly.. My 95 TT had 3 transmissions within the first 36,000 miles, and the car was not mistreated at all. How can that be explained? It's a typical flaw with those cars, is how. That, along with spun bearings and ecu issues. You know it, guy, and it's not about maintenance, as I know guys who are very particular and have had these issues on low mileage/well care for cars.

To each their own, I guess.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Mellon he spent the other 30k on spun bearings, everybody knows that. If he was smart he would just sell those capacitors that the car keeps leaking out and make some money back...

Here is a chingy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chingy
I know right, the guy bought a new transmission and shortblock for crying out loud lol.

I didn't open my valve covers until 135k .. I spend about 10 minutes with a quick hone job on the cylinders with a hand drill, slapped it back together with some fresh rings and she was good to go.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Teching In

I have to say something about the ecu issue. Its really nothing, what u have to replace $3 caps every 10years if u are unlucky
Old 03-31-2007, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Why dont you guys go to an import forum. This is an ls1 hang out, bottom line your cars are ugly, get the f##% out of here.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

stage 3 heads - 2500
kormex trans - 1750
oem shortblick - 2500
fmic - 600
DR 19T turbos 2500?
720 injectors - 500
3rd gen lifters - 200
motor mounts - 150
timing belt, gaskets, tensioner - 300
etc..

where's the other 30k you claimed he spend of the 35k you said.... I smell BULLSHIT
You smell bullshit only because you got your head up your ***, I guess. I stated all that I know of. It's not my car, and he lives 15 hours away, so it's not like I can be there everyday to check receipts....

I think he paid $8500 for the car, had custom paint and interior work done, ect.. I am only passing on what he stated and what parts I have seen. I can care less what you think. He is an honest guy, and after his dad died, he can pretty much buy what he wants.

Last edited by Tim Noel; 03-31-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Well, I skipped over a lot of this thread, but I just wanted to say I think your vr4 looks killer, esp. with those wheels.
I had the vr4 on my list of cars to check out last time I was buying, but, like SOM t/a's, there were zero of them on sale nearby at the time.

-sectari
Old 03-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Chris, I was not bashing the guy. Alot were getting personal with him, but not I. I was talking about the 3s cars and the problems that come with alot of them due to being ragged on. Just check out 3si right now and do a search on all the spun bearing cars, ect..

There are more and more kids buying 3s cars due to them being affordable enough for most of them, now. Even Matt Monnett stated that there is not as much money to be made in the 3s cars anymore, due to more kids buying them and less adults owning them. The kids can't afford the work he used to do for the adults(folks with careers that could afford the nice work), since most live at home, go to high school/college, or work at McDonalds for example. I hope this makes sense as to what I am trying to say.

I am not passing on lies or dishonest info, but factual info if someone will take the time to research the issues I have mentioned. Honestly.. My 95 TT had 3 transmissions within the first 36,000 miles, and the car was not mistreated at all. How can that be explained? It's a typical flaw with those cars, is how. That, along with spun bearings and ecu issues. You know it, guy, and it's not about maintenance, as I know guys who are very particular and have had these issues on low mileage/well care for cars.

To each their own, I guess.

I get what you're saying but your taking the worst of a platform and trying to make it sound like every car has the same problems you've experienced and that's just not the case. People post on 3si to get help with problems for the most part, so naturally if you search for problems, you're going to find them. They aren't perfect cars and neither are F-body's... my neigbords TA is on jack stands so much I'm beginning to think it came with them from the factory. Multiple busted rearends, multiple busted transmissions etc... add 150 shot of nitrous and some drag radials and no wonder it's always up in the air and when it is running I still drag his *** down the road
Old 03-31-2007, 01:45 PM
Teching In

You smell bullshit only because you got your head up your ***, I guess. I stated all that I know of. It's not my car.

I think he paid $8500 for the car, had custom paint and interior work done, ect.. I am only passing on what he stated and what parts I have seen. I can care less what you think. He is an honest guy, and after his dad died, he can pretty much buy what he wants.

you said 35k as if he spend that much in mods.. you didn't tell us that was for a paint job, the car itself etc...... like I said.. BULLSHIT.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wiz X
Your car is a paice and it is slow. My Ws6 will walk all over that POS
No his car is gay and hes a vagina!
Originally Posted by phoenixv8
Why dont you guys go to an import forum. This is an ls1 hang out, bottom line your cars are ugly, get the f##% out of here.
We have another candidate for redneck dumbass of the week. I certainly hope these two clowns aren't a true representitive of this forum.

Scotty
Old 03-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by phoenixv8
if you're going to disrupt the classroom, please leave
Old 03-31-2007, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

you said 35k as if he spend that much in mods.. you didn't tell us that was for a paint job, the car itself etc...... like I said.. BULLSHIT.
Provide where I said in mods, only..... Where?

I was talking about what he poured into his car. Correct? No bullshit at all, only you're assumptions, so give it a rest.

When you ASSUME you know the rest....
Old 03-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Teching In

I have to say something about the ecu issue. Its really nothing, what u have to replace $3 caps every 10years if u are unlucky
I replaced mine sometime around the mid 90's and the newer style capcitors don't leak so I never had to touch them again. It took me about a half hour to solder the old out and new in and I paid a nickel for each of the 3 capacitors.

maybe that's what they meant by "the car will nickel and dime you to death"

Old 03-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Provide where I said in mods, only..... Where?

I was talking about what he poured into his car. Correct? No bullshit at all, only you're assumptions, so give it a rest.

When you ASSUME you know the rest....
ah cmon you were holding back some key information like the price of the car lol and when you pour 35k INTO a car most would assume that's in addition to the price of it by way of mods.

correct me if I'm wrong here but that's how I see it and now that I know more of the story it starting to make more sense so thanks for filling us in a little better this time.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Chris, here was my exact words, so you don't try and twist them.

I have a good friend in Chicago, who has dumped over $35,000 into a 92' TT Stealth. He'll never get anywhere close to that back out of it, after he gets it running, but it's his obsession.