General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Coolest Cop I've Met

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Coolest Cop I've Met

So I was on my way home last night from the dragstrip (just watching), cruising on a 2 lane country road and a group of cars is coming the opposite direction. In the middle was a county sheriff but I didn't think anything of it since he was going the other way. Well I see him put on his brakes and turn around so I'm like damn I didn't think I was doing anything wrong.

Since I was the only other car on the road i just pulled over myself lol and got my stuff ready. Sure enough he came up behind me and put his lights on (are the bright *** led's and 2,000,000 candle power spotlight pointed in my rear view mirror really neccesary at midnight?)

So he walks up and he says I was going 73 in a 55. I go oh I'm sorry I really thought I was going like 65 or 66. So I tell him i go to SIU and he asks what I'm majoring in. I tell him Administration of Jutice and he goes, well normally I'd write a ticket, but since you said that, I'll let you go with a warning. Then I asked how he got me going the opposite way? He said come on back here and hop in the passenger seat, Ill show you something.

So he showed me this new equiptment he had that has radars mounted on the front and rear of the car and he can track people coming at him, going off behind him and everything, moving or sitting. Pretty cool stuff. He showed me how it works as a few cars went by. It actully picked up this mustang +.5 miles away going behind him. It can even distinguish a car traveling in a group.

We BS'd for about 15 mins about law school, state police, pay raises, and the crotch rocket he got going 120 (directly to jail do not pass go) earlier in the night. Then shook his hand and drove home @ 56mph the whole way lol. Made me feel like he wasn't the enemy ya know

On a side note: It was street night at the track so they kept shutting down every 15 minutes to clean up oil, tranny fluid, and coolant from all the punks who brought their leaky DDvn civics and farm trucks. I dont think I saw more than 10 races in a row without having to stop. As soon as they laid down quickdry for the entire 1/8th mile I decided I had enough of that.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=TORK?]
Made me feel like he wasn't the enemy ya know
QUOTE]

yea cause you are jumping teams and training to become one of the enemy
Old 05-19-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Veteran

that's badass, it's crazy how advanced those radars are now
Old 05-19-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

See, not all of us are jerks. I stopped a guy a few weeks ago to look at his SS. He really didn't know what to say.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cops are okay---they are EGO-TRIPPER'S though.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
See, not all of us are jerks. I stopped a guy a few weeks ago to look at his SS. He really didn't know what to say.
You must be a 1 %..... Believe it--I know...I have an Uncle on the Ontario Drug Squad....I have met a few.......mostly Hypocrites in most people's eyes.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

make that 2% im not such a bad guy
Old 05-19-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by staringback05
make that 2% im not such a bad guy
OKEYDOKEY--ALLRIGHT.!!!!!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think its all about being courteous. I mean, when he walked up to the car I told him I saw him turn around and speed this way so I just pulled over. He goes yeah, most people would have just punched it. I turned the car off, had the interior lights on, and all my papers ready.

If I was an *** to him and acted all sneaky I'm sure he would have trumped me with his assness.

He was a cool guy none the less.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He was being nice

I had a cop come screaming up on me at the Seattle airport. The stupid rental car sign blew down and at 5am and no light it was impossible to see the entrance. After 4 trips around trying to find it I luckily saw someone drive into the rental entrance that was literally a dirt road between two barriers. I was like WTF there it is, so went whipping around ( it a was a rental g6 2 door, maybe 40-45mp but its a stupid airport and like 15mph speed limit but after 4 misses ( and getting a bit aggravated ) I just wanted to drop off the dang thing.
Unlike you, this dude came screaming up and pulled in behind me at the rental drop off. After missing the stupid entrance 4 times I really was in the mood of JUST GIMME THE TICKET, I REALLY DONT CARE. But didn't say that to him. I actually did not say ANYTHING to him.
Cop "you know why I stopped you"
ME : Not a word and just looked at him.
Cop "well you were zipping around pretty quick"
ME: ditto, not a word.
Cop "License and registration"
ME: "Here is my license, I don’t have registration just the rental agreement."
He came back, and proceeded to read me the riot act.
Cop "I have you speeding, which is $250 fine, a work area *2 = $500. I could write you up right now for over $500"
ME: Not a word. Just looked up at him.

Cop just stared at me, threw my license and registration (literally threw it at me) and said “get out of here and slow down next time your in Seattle.”

Always heard the silent act worked to get you out of a ticket. It actually worked. I never said anything other then "Here is my license, I don’t have registration just the rental agreement." I wasn't rude or a smart @ss, I just chose to NOT incriminate myself.

It was actually funny, first time I have been pulled over and didn’t get that “OH SH*T, there goes my insurance”, and getting pulled over adrenaline rush feeling.

Guess getting up so dang early for the flight put me into a f*^% it mood and it paid off.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's all their first impression of you. I've had one cop catch me doing 85 in a 55 and all I got was you might want to slow down, there checking for DUIs up ahead. Consequently I was in uniform (military). Then again, Ive had one walk right up to the car and the first thing he said in the worst way possible was "that was the single most stupid Motherf***ing thing I think I have ever seen!!!" while writing me a reckless ticket.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DVS99TRANS
I think it's all their first impression of you. I've had one cop catch me doing 85 in a 55 and all I got was you might want to slow down, there checking for DUIs up ahead. Consequently I was in uniform (military). Then again, Ive had one walk right up to the car and the first thing he said in the worst way possible was "that was the single most stupid Motherf***ing thing I think I have ever seen!!!" while writing me a reckless ticket.
Yah, if they walk up saying something like that you know your hosed.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most cops arent bad.. its the handful that abuse and profile our cars thinking there someone there the PIGS that no one likes, I know many cops that are great and nice to everyone but respect the law and they would know what to do if someone was caught doing 130 in a 55 or something but theyd also not harass people all the ******* time like some of the pigs do. It all depends which cop runs into you the problem is... most of the bad cops pick our cars out because they want to pull us over and the good ones..well there good so they dont bother with us unless were doing something wrong and deserve to be pulled over.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Staging Lane

Not getting a ticket = cool. Would you have though he was so awesome if he gave you the ticket and then proceeded to show you all the "great" equipment he used to do it? Him letting you off has had a profound impact on your impression of the whole situation. The fact that someone else responding the same way as you, but with a differenct major or something else HE PERSONALLY didn't find quite so interesting, would have gotten dinged makes this guy somewhat of a ****. This guy is no sweetheart, you deserved it just as much as the next guy, you just got lucky.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Staging Lane

How bad can I be? I'm a member of this site...
Old 05-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TORK?
So he showed me this new equiptment he had that has radars mounted on the front and rear of the car and he can track people coming at him, going off behind him and everything, moving or sitting. Pretty cool stuff. He showed me how it works as a few cars went by. It actually picked up this mustang +.5 miles away going behind him. It can even distinguish a car traveling in a group.
What ever happened to the Dukes of Hazzard days when you could just outrun them?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Cops are okay---they are EGO-TRIPPER'S though.

sorry but i have to disagree....99.99999% of them are ********.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1BadTA13
sorry but i have to disagree....99.99999% of them are ********.
+1,000 I agree
Old 05-22-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shock Hawk
What ever happened to the Dukes of Hazzard days when you could just outrun them?
you can outrun the cop car but not the cop radio
Old 05-22-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DVS99TRANS
first month I had my car I had an under cover sitting two cars back at a light when I raced a GSX-r bike up to 92 in a 45
first thing he said was"So.We doing some street racing tonight?" and I knew it was over from the start.But because I have a clean record I got a warning for 62- in a 45 which was pretty ****** cool