General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

gauging my interest

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default gauging my interest

I'm gauging my interest in selling my car. I drive it maybe once every 2 months, and I'm fixing to get married so I could use the money. I am posting this to see what you guys think I should ask for it.

Car is in EXCELLENT condition inside and out, with only 2 paint blemishes. Garage kept its entire life.

2000 Camaro SS 6speed Black t-tops w/chrome 10 spokes
ONLY 53,000 Miles
LESS than 3,000 miles on cam and other accessories, only sprayed 2 times for less than 5 seconds per time. Always used Mobil 1 synthetic oil 5w30

According to Kelly Blue book:
Private party value: $13,270
Suggested Retail: $15,035

And this is what I have done to it:

Futral F14 cam 232"/234" .598 "/.598" 112LSA
Patriot dual Gold Extreme valve springs
Comp cams Chrome Moly Pushrods 7.400 (Stock Length)
Futral motorsports ported LS6 oil pump
LS2 timing Chain
90mm FAST intake manifold
90mm Nick Williams Throttle Body
Mac Mid Length Headers
Off road ypipe
QTP electric cutout
Mac hi-flow muffler welded in stock cat-back
MTI lid w/K&N
Nitro Dave’s 90mm Plate nitrous system
NX Bottle Heater
Nitro Daves console switch center
860 Spare tire well Bottle mount
Nitrous outlet solenoid brackets
Nitrous outlet digital dual window Switch
EfiLive Commercial included
Alpine headunit
Rockford fosgate 2500watt amp
Kicker Solobaric L7 10” in Subthump stealth box
LC-1 Wideband o2 sensor
Optima red top

That’s all the mods I can think of at the moment. So what do you guys think I should ask if I decide to sell her. Shes my baby and it will make me sad, but I could definitely use the money.
I have never dyno’d it , and I have not taken it to the track since I installed all the mods. I installed these mods well over a year ago, so you can see how little I have drove it. Less than 3000 miles in almost a year and a half. It is estimated to make 400RWHP no nitrous, and up to 600RWHP on the nitrous, depending on jets used. It is a 10second car with the right driver/tire combination.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your thoughts.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

I would start out askin 20ish but I would be prepared to take a little less, it sucks but cars modded that much really dont hold much value. If you decided to sell I would post for around 21-20K but then be prepared to take 19ish, one thing I learned is that pretty much everyone trys to get you down some so post up for a little more then what you want to get for it so you end up with what you want
Old 05-29-2007, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Starz.

So what does everyone else think? Does $20K sound like a good starting place.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Riddlerls1
Thanks Starz.

So what does everyone else think? Does $20K sound like a good starting place.
I'm not the expert on car value but $20k seems like a good asking price to me for your car with everything that you have done to it, especially if it is in excellent condition and has no issues with any of the modifications that you have done to it(no vaccum leaks, no idle issues, good tune, etc.) Sounds like a sweet ride!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

That does sound like an incredible car, but keep in mind there are probably a lot of people (myself included) that won't touch a modified/heavily modified car. I don't doubt that you've taken great care of it, but that's just the way it is sometimes. You'd definitely have to find the right buyer.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:47 PM

wow that is an impressive mod list and i bet that car scoots. on the other hand however it is always hard to sell a modded car because of the possible reliability issues. the market for modded cars will always be smaller than for a stock one. just dont be suprised if it does not sell very fast. but it is spring, almost summer so now is the time. good luck man.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Vicious.
That does sound like an incredible car, but keep in mind there are probably a lot of people (myself included) that won't touch a modified/heavily modified car. I don't doubt that you've taken great care of it, but that's just the way it is sometimes. You'd definitely have to find the right buyer.
Agreed. Although your car is people hold grudges against modded cars. Personally, I bought my car bone stock with 7,800 miles on it. Unfortunately, these cars are toys and life gets in the way so you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck with the sale I hope someone will give it a good home.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Yep....I bought somebody elses project once before and got screwed and will never fall for that again. Like he said, it's not that I doubt that you took care of it but not many people want to get somebody elses project. The price is right but it will definately take the right buyer.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

$20,000 seems crazy-high to me. As far as I'm concerned, the only mods I'll pay extra for are bolt-ons, or reliabilty mods like a 12bolt. Once you start going into internal engine mods and nitrous you start to question reliability. Not to mention that I think most people would want to choose their own cam. I'd ask 17K and try to get at least 15K. I guess it couldn't hurt to ask for 20 and eventually come down. A car is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Vicious.
Very true, if anything I think more people are looking for a stock car vs. one that's got a lot done to it, leads to a lot more questions, assumptions and overall can be a turn off. $20k seems high IMO but then again look around and see what other modded cars seem to be actually getting. Sure it's a negotiable price as said already but still, just to get a general range of what you can aim for, and then expect to get. It may take a while to sell.