General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: What shoud I do?
Wait and trade the t/a for the camaro
78.57%
Get the GTO now and trade that in for the camaro
21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

round two: GTO or 09 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTO or 09 Camaro

Guys I need some opinions on if I should trade my ws6 a4 in with 52 on the clock. The Pontiac dealer will give me 16k for the trade in. I owe 17. It is a new 06 GTO m6 torrid red. My other thought would be the just keep the t/a and save for the new camaro. but the thing is i want to reserve the camaro for the top model, either Z28 or SS. No base 6 or 8. Should I keep the t/a and lose the trade in value or trade the t/a in for the GTO, and than when I can move into the camaro trade the GTO in for that? Im guessing its going to be atleast 2 years till the Z28 or SS is available.

Last edited by peteTA; 06-21-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Launching!

i know its not one of your options but i was actually thinking of selling my car before the new ones come out cuz i think the value will probabally drop big time ( just a hunch) and saving the money till the new ones come out. and just driving a gas saver or somthin till then. now i know i would have to give up the badass car thing for about a year but when i am behind the wheel of the 09 it will all be worth it. its the only way i can see me getting any kind of money back out of the SS would be get rid of it before its brother comes out! just an idea but from your options i say wait
Old 06-21-2007, 06:03 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Current GTO vs F-body, I'd always rather keep the F-body.

Current GTO vs '09+ Camaro, even though the car isn't built yet, I'd still pick the '09 Camaro.

Either way, keep your TA till the Camaro comes out, IMO.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

if you end up waiting till the camaro comes out, then trade the TA then you will end up saving tons of money vs. trading the GTO u just bought for the Camaro.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah man you'll lose your shirt on buying a new goat then trading it two years later. That's when most of the depreciation happens in the first two years or so. that's why I was able to buy my 3 year old 'vert Z for only 16 grand, because the original buyer lost a fortune on it, he probably lost approaching 50% to depreciation, not sure of the sticker price though.

I'd take a LS1 fbod over a goat anyway myself, unless the F was a4 and the goat was m6
Old 06-22-2007, 03:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

Current GTO vs '09+ Camaro, even though the car isn't built yet, I'd still pick the '09 Camaro.

ditto
Old 06-22-2007, 03:53 AM
11 Second Club

dont forget when the new camaro comes out the value of the ws6 will drop also
Old 06-22-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the T/A.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

yeah thats the thing, its tricky. i think the value will drop also. my car is auto and the gto is m6 im looking at. i have also been thinking about a C5. But still not too sure, i just think its time to trade the bird in because at this point in time i feel its trade in value is at its best. I just dont know what car to go with. The vette gto or wait for the new camaro ss? I do know one thing though, vettes tend to hold their value from what i hear so maybe i could get that in a trade and hold onto till the ss comes out.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

i test drove a new burnt orange gto a couple of weeks ago. the gto drives very nice. the interior is head and shoulders better than a f-body, but i was not impressed with the power. when my car was stock i think it would have beaten the new 6.0 m6 gto.
but..........they are giving away gto's right now. i would have traded in if they would have gave me more than 13.5k trade in.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

NEVER EVER tell the dealer up front that you have a trade in . They have a way to faniggle the figures to make it look like they are giving you a really good price for your trade in but their not.Believe me their not! Find out what book is, don't look at retail cause you sure ain't gettin that & don't bother to look at wholesale / trade in value cause you ain't even gonna get that,no your not even gonna get loan value. Trade-ins are where they make their money,more even than on the new vehicle their trying to sell you. Oh , they'll tell you they're givin you what appears to be a really GREAT deal on your car for trade in but don't you belive it. Wait until thay have all the figures together ,cash price on the new one then hit em with , I've changed my mind,I think I'll just trade my old car in. Now watch em shuffle !!! Watch them suns-a-bitches craw-fish.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just my opinion, but I think the GTO exterior styling is very boring, looks like a big cavalier to me. I would probably take a charger over it.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

yeah i told them i was looking at the GTO from the get go no trade in but after they told me they would sell it for invoice which is 29k. from 33k. i was like yeah im going to trade in the t/a so they said the best they can do is 16, they were trying to get rid of it, its been on the lot for a while. they know i want the car, and i know there still in buisness for a reason. but when it comes down to it its 508 a month for 6 years for a buyout. i dunno, i think the car is sick, but i still have the camaro in the back of my mind ya know? but i just DONT know what the whole thing is with the camaro prices specs etc. i dont want to find out its gonna be stupid expensive to get into the ss, and im out in the wind.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:36 AM
11 Second Club

Do the A4 to M6 swap in your WS6. It'll be a lot cheaper then buying a new car yet it'll feel like a whole new car. Since you mentioned the GTO was an M6 I'm guessing that's the motivating factor towards it.

I have a hard time buying a car I havn't been able to see or test drive. I'm not saying buy the GTO but maybe hold off doing anything until the Camaro comes out. Then test drive a new Camaro, test drive a GTO and maybe even test drive a 01/02 lower mileage M6 F-body (or even a Vette if you don't need a back seat).

Then decide which YOU like best.

Good luck.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

i wouldnt trade in for a GTO, dont get me wrong there a badass car but if i was going to trade my car for anything it would be the new camaro or T/A that comes out
Old 06-25-2007, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

either sell your car outright and pay off the loan or keep it and try to just pay it off.....if you trade it in for the gto you'll be paying way more interest....
Old 06-25-2007, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

1meantransam...do you think they'll even bring back the TA? Cause everywhere I've read it's a no go for the new trans am and they're just gonna redesign the GTO.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

And peteTA...what year is your car? Don't trade your car in if it's only got 52 on the clock. You should be able to get more than 16 if you did a private sell. If your thinking about it enough to consider trading in for a GTO then I would just rather wait for the new camaro. The GTO is a very nice car but it's a pretty hefty car too. Just my .02
Old 06-25-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pewter02WS6
1meantransam...do you think they'll even bring back the TA? Cause everywhere I've read it's a no go for the new trans am and they're just gonna redesign the GTO.
well i thought they were, i saw pictures for it and it looked the same as camaro just different headlight set up... they may not though.. just makes the bird that much more rare in years to come
Old 06-25-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

X2